Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Westin Verasa Napa [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dgreen12
Print Wikipost

The Westin Verasa Napa [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2021, 1:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by sethMCOflyer
Stayed here at the end of may. Property is decently nice and the location is great. Although they seemed to be quite understaffed and all restaurant/bar staff is gone on Mondays and Tuesdays. I put in a request for extra toiletries one morning and finally received them that evening after following up a few times.

If you’re looking for a decent hotel while exploring the Napa area it’s great. If you’re looking for a resort you’ll have a bad time. It feels like COVID came and they laid everyone off and failed to see that travel would ramp back up.
Even preCOVID-19, I wouldn't consider this place to be a resort. It has an outdoor pool and courtyard with views toward a small river, but nothing else that could be called resort facilities, although it seems a bit out-of-town (but near OxBow Market) compared to the Andaz in Napa (which has less land and a smaller footprint too).
Old Jun 22, 2021, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Even preCOVID-19, I wouldn't consider this place to be a resort. It has an outdoor pool and courtyard with views toward a small river, but nothing else that could be called resort facilities, although it seems a bit out-of-town (but near OxBow Market) compared to the Andaz in Napa (which has less land and a smaller footprint too).
I worded it poorly to suggest that it’d be a resort with optimal staffing, just to highlight how poor the service is currently. With a resort you may say hello to 3-4 employees between the front door and your room who are available to help with anything you might need. I stayed four night at this hotel and the only employee I interacted with aside from check in was a bartender. If someone is expecting there to be any level of customer service aside from the absolute minimum they’re going to be disappointed.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 5:21 pm

Other than the ridiculous breakfast policy, this property lists all room types for SNA application. My single night this coming long weekend cleared 5 days out for a 2bedroom even though it was it was not listed as available for purchase. Let’s see if I actually get it . Kind of expensive though at 70k but the upgrade makes it a little better.
Old Jun 30, 2021, 7:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by sethMCOflyer
I worded it poorly to suggest that it’d be a resort with optimal staffing, just to highlight how poor the service is currently. With a resort you may say hello to 3-4 employees between the front door and your room who are available to help with anything you might need. I stayed four night at this hotel and the only employee I interacted with aside from check in was a bartender. If someone is expecting there to be any level of customer service aside from the absolute minimum they’re going to be disappointed.
Actually I was referring more to the (physical) facilities than the service.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 11:24 am

Programs: UA GS, Marriott LT Titanium
Stayed just before 4th of July weekend. Should have known but was still disappointed with service levels, especially housekeeping. We asked for a rollaway bed before heading out to dinner and it wasn't done two plus hours later. When I called to complain, first response was "it will take up to 90 minutes". I reminded her of my earlier request and then miraculously they showed up within 10 minutes.

Lines to check-in were a zoo when we were leaving so am sure the service levels were even worse then.
Old Sep 29, 2021, 6:29 pm

FWIW, I tried to book this hotel via Costco Travel, but they only offer prepaid packages with rental cars which forces a rental from SFO. Anyway, the 2-night price via Costco was significantly lower than Marriott's. Something to consider if you are flying into SFO and travelling to Napa.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 1:22 pm

Had dinner at La Toque, which is attached to this property. My experience was very positive at the restaurant. The hotel itself looked nice, but the area seemed undesirable in my opinion. I would prefer to stay at the Andaz, or away from downtown altogether.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 2:02 pm
LSB

Programs: UA
Upgraded every time (Titanium)

FWIW, we booked two regular king rooms here in 2020 over Christmas and in 2021 over Thanksgiving and Christmas and every time have been upgraded to regular king suites without using SNAs. Just lucky, I guess 🤷‍♀️ Oh, and the breakfast burrito at Bank was Huge and delicious, easily enough for two people. The restaurant was very understaffed though, luckily we weren't in a hurry.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 5:05 am

Programs: DL DM 2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium/Ambassador Elite , Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by LSB
FWIW, we booked two regular king rooms here in 2020 over Christmas and in 2021 over Thanksgiving and Christmas and every time have been upgraded to regular king suites without using SNAs. Just lucky, I guess 🤷‍♀️ Oh, and the breakfast burrito at Bank was Huge and delicious, easily enough for two people. The restaurant was very understaffed though, luckily we weren't in a hurry.
I've also had 100% success with suite upgrades as an Ambassador. However, I believe the time of the year has a lot to do with it.
I stayed here I think in June. No breakfast was being sereved at that time and the bar was very limited.
Old May 26, 2022, 3:29 pm

Programs: DL DM 2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium/Ambassador Elite , Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
Any recent experiences here? Specifically bar and housekeeping service?
Old May 26, 2022, 8:19 pm

If you get any of the rooms facing the three courtyards be prepared for noise. If it is the concrete courtyard versus the pool you not only will be dealing with noise you can hear actual conversations word for word. It is not so much the noise but you keep wondering if you hear the actual words can they hear you. The bar and restaurant are understaffed but that is a problem everywhere. Housekeeping was ok
Old Jun 4, 2022, 6:36 pm
Hoc

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, AA 2.5 MM, United Gold, Hyatt Globalist
What is going on here? I was looking to book the room, and it says that there are no rooms available through the end of the calendar.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Hoc
What is going on here? I was looking to book the room, and it says that there are no rooms available through the end of the calendar.
Must have glitched, I see rooms for cash or points in November (when I was looking). I did not check other months.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 9:15 am

Just finished our 10th stay at this property over the years….

10 for 10 with suite upgrade, with or without SNA. Used SNAs this time and upgraded to premium suite which was very nice. 2 full baths, large kitchen, etc.

Very quiet, clean rooms as always.

Property has become dated, landscaping not being kept up, paint refresh very much needed and dirty windows. Could benefit from lightening up the dark rooms

Breakfast offerings limited to about 5-6 items and the restaurant does not open until 7:30 PT, which is an issue for an east coast person like me. Fortunately, they had complimentary coffee in the lobby around 6:30

Check in was long…7 guests waiting to check in just after 4 pm and 1 employee at the front desk. Another employee eventually appeared about 10 min later

Despite some issues, I would come back here. Location is great to walk to everything in downtown Napa including restaurants, tasting rooms and the Oxbow Market. Morning Farmer’s market is also right across the street that starts at 8 am
Old Jul 5, 2022, 10:45 am

We stayed here a few weeks ago, titanium members. There was no problem with lines at check in/out but a very long wait for the room to be ready. The breakfast offering was limited but sufficient. You are allowed a credit towards menu items. The credit covers the cost of a continental breakfast and the other items were a few dollars more. There was no problem with staffing at the breakfast and they were all very kind and attentive. We were told we received a complimentary upgrade then I reminded her we paid with SNA's. I assumed we didn't need the SNA's. We enjoyed the location and the surrounding area. We took streets to the Farmer's Market then realized we could have used the foot path under the bridge and it would have been a shorter distance. I believe it is Tuesday morning. There was a "local" group represented there that told us about the seed share locations. We went to one in town and got some seeds for melons, etc. If you are interested in the wine train, you catch it in front of the Westin. The Culinary Institute (store and restaurant) is immediately past the Oxbow Market. They grow produce and have a beautiful deep purple tomato. If you exit the Westin and go right there seems to be an abundance of food trucks if that's your thing. We enjoyed the stay and will return if in the area.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.