Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Westin Verasa Napa [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dgreen12
Print Wikipost

The Westin Verasa Napa [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2023, 6:38 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
What are the nicest suites at this property? Looking to use an SNA to get a room upgrade, and "nice" is more important than "more room" for this trip. Here are the SNA options:
  • Luxury 2 bedroom suite
  • 2 Bedroom suite
  • Premium 1 bedroom suite
  • Superior 1 bedroom suite
  • 1 bedroom suite

It seems like they are trying to distinguish some suites as better than others, but I have no idea how to rank "Luxury", "Premium", and "Superior", or even what the differences are. Anyone have any experience with these?
Old Aug 18, 2023, 9:33 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt, United, Flying Blue
In reply to the last post, I have stayed in a 1 bedroom suite here, which is the smallest of the suites. It is certainly bigger than an ordinary room, but is still rather compact. From the pictures on their website the superior 1 bedroom has more space, which alone would make it feel “nicer” than the regular 1 bedroom suite
On our last stay, my SNA cleared into the premium 1 bedroom suite, which was very nice. Definitely much larger than the 1 bedroom suite, and laid out differently, with a large wall of windows and a long balcony. The one we had also occupied a prime location, with a nice view over the quieter courtyard, and directly facing toward the river, rather than facing other rooms across the courtyard. We really enjoyed this suite.

We stayed once in a “traditional” room, which is extremely small (very narrow), and appears to be simply what would be used as a second or third bedroom to an adjoining suite. That was the room we were given when staying on points shortly after they first opened - it’s so small they didn’t even show it as an available room category back then. I would avoid that.
Old Aug 18, 2023, 10:29 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt, United, Flying Blue
Originally Posted by Mr. BoH
What are the nicest suites at this property? Looking to use an SNA to get a room upgrade, and "nice" is more important than "more room" for this trip. Here are the SNA options:
  • Luxury 2 bedroom suite
  • 2 Bedroom suite
  • Premium 1 bedroom suite
  • Superior 1 bedroom suite
  • 1 bedroom suite

It seems like they are trying to distinguish some suites as better than others, but I have no idea how to rank "Luxury", "Premium", and "Superior", or even what the differences are. Anyone have any experience with these?

I should also mention that the suites here remind me more of a more upscale Vacation Club villa than what I would expect of a suite in a city hotel. The emphasis seems to be more on having kitchen facilities and a dining table than on a more luxurious, spacious feel. While those aren’t things I would typically use much on vacation, with the wonderful fresh fruits availabile in the area and the excellent breads/pastries available from the nearby Model Bakery, these were features we appreciated here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.