Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Westin Verasa Napa [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dgreen12
Print Wikipost

The Westin Verasa Napa [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2010, 12:37 pm

Programs: Marriott LT-TE, United Gold
Originally Posted by JerryFF
...AFAIK, there is no other Starwood in the Napa Valley. Closest is the Sheraton in Petaluma. So if you want to use SPG points, I wonder where else you will stay if you choose not to go back.
This is correct, and Petaluma is hardly "wine country". Although there is a good outlet mall right there
Old Jul 11, 2010, 11:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium & Lifetime Platinum, United Platinum, Delta Silver
What are the options on getting from this hotel to SFO? I have searched online and found one shuttle service but wonder if others who have stayed there have had any experiences with shuttles, public transit, etc. I am trying to figure out how early of a flight I can book out of SFO. Thanks!
Old Aug 21, 2010, 11:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
This seems like something the forum should know about.

Back in March, I made some reservations to stay here for next February. I booked fully refundable AAA rates. Two days ago, three unauthorized charges appeared on my credit card - I assume one for each night (the numbers match). I have sent an email to the property and to Customer Care to have them remove the charges, but this is totally unacceptable behaviour.

I'll keep this thread updated on how they address the issue.
Old Aug 21, 2010, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm not sure why you're surprised: this hotel is a nickel and dime property, so they want an immediate deposit on reservations. They probably "forgot" to charge the card back in February.

Agree that it's completely unacceptable practice, but many practices at this property (extra mandatory charges not in the rate, steep fee for parking at a suburban location plus lack of self-parking, etc.) are unacceptable in my book.

If you're PAYING for your stay, you may want to look at the nearby Marriott Napa Valley: although one can argue that it's a bit less refined, it's far cheaper on a total (real) cost, with no extra mandatory charges not in the rate, free parking, and no deposit requirements.
Old Aug 21, 2010, 2:29 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by hillrider
If you're PAYING for your stay, you may want to look at the nearby Marriott Napa Valley: although one can argue that it's a bit less refined, it's far cheaper on a total (real) cost, with no extra mandatory charges not in the rate, free parking, and no deposit requirements.
Marriott - $179. Westin - $92+. I don't think the add-ons will reach $89...
Old Aug 21, 2010, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Marriott - $179. Westin - $92+. I don't think the add-ons will reach $89...
They must be suffering bad--they used to post far higher rates than the Marriott even without taking into account the mandatory not-in-the-rate $20 nuisance fee (we're talking $250+).

Thanks for the info; at this price I will consider it again for the next trip (although valet parking in general irks me, especially when it's my personal car...)
Old Aug 21, 2010, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by hillrider
They must be suffering bad--they used to post far higher rates than the Marriott even without taking into account the mandatory not-in-the-rate $20 nuisance fee (we're talking $250+).
When you book a year ahead, you can often find good rates. The currently available rate is $10 lower than the Marriott for our dates.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 3:04 pm

UPDATE

I got a response from the property. Apparently, they just installed a new system that automatically charged deposits to all existing reservations. In fact, they had already reversed them all by the time they got my email, they just hadn't shown up in my online statement yet.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 7:53 am

Programs: AA Ex-Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Some quick advice needed.

I booked a prepaid 1B king suite some months ago for the 3 of us for this weekend.
My Mom decided she wanted to join us so now there are 4.

I want to contact someone to see if we can get a roll-away or maybe a suite with 2 beds and a pull-out sofa (not sure if these exist).

Do you think I should use the Platinum Concierge to ask for these or should I contact someone at the hotel?

On a side note, we have dinner reservations at La Toque on Saturday and were wondering if anyone had any recommendations on whether we should request a specific table or anything.

Thanks.
Rich
Old Aug 24, 2010, 11:57 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by puchalskir
I want to contact someone to see if we can get a roll-away or maybe a suite with 2 beds and a pull-out sofa (not sure if these exist).

Do you think I should use the Platinum Concierge to ask for these or should I contact someone at the hotel?
Last stay I got upgraded to a rather large room which had a pull-out in the living room and a king/queen bed. I'm assuming there must be some double-doubles like this as well. I'd just call the hotel and ask but I'd also keep in mind that the logical response is that if you want something like this guaranteed you should book the appropriate rate.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by bdesmond
Last stay I got upgraded to a rather large room which had a pull-out in the living room and a king/queen bed. I'm assuming there must be some double-doubles like this as well. I'd just call the hotel and ask but I'd also keep in mind that the logical response is that if you want something like this guaranteed you should book the appropriate rate.
As I noted, months ago, I prepaid a rate when there were only 3 of us going on the trip.
I booked a suite instead of a deluxe room to accommodate the 3 of us.

My mother, just recently decided to join us, if I had known this months ago, I would have booked the appropriate room(s).
Old Aug 31, 2010, 12:23 pm

Just to update, I called the Plat concierge and he put a note on my reservation that I'd like an rollaway or a two bedded room since we were now four people.

The day before we were to arrive, noticed I got the upgrade to the 2 bedroom suite^.

Awesome suite, would totally stay there again.

Rich
Old Sep 13, 2010, 1:18 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, ICG Platinum Royal Ambassador, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by JerryFF
The resort fee was charged but there were no taxes on my recent stay. BTW, the resort fee includes valet parking and high speed internet service.
I like this hotel but the resort fee is ridiculous. Plats get internet for free and I personally found it much easier and quicker to park right on the street. I know that it was "complimentary parking" but it was much simpler to walk the block to the car rather than wait for the often busy valets to find your car.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 11:41 pm

Westin Mission Hills in Palm Springs got me for $29.72 / night

Got a great tan walking between buildings out of it.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Good stay

I stayed here with my family over Christmas. Overall I liked the property and found the staff in all areas to be very helpful.

We liked the location a block away from the Oxbow Public Market. Between the Breakfast Tacos at C Casa, baked items at Model Bakery and good coffee at Ritual Coffee, the market was our breakfast spot every morning. It was also dinner a couple of times.

Having a full kitchen was another way to take advantage of the Oxbow Market.

The free evening wine tasting in the lobby was not impressive, but I will give them a pass as it was the holiday and I'm sure they had trouble finding wineries to come.

A few things i'd improve:

- For a hotel in Napa the bar only has a few options for wine by the glass. One was so bad I had to send it back.

- No local plat amenity of wine as an option. I too was dumbfounded that they didn't have a local amenity like that as an option.

- I booked and paid for a suite, yet no shower gel, just 2 bars of the leaf soap.

- The bottle of water in the suite was only replaced once.

Overall, I'd like to see the property add some better value to the resort fee as well as print a little card outlining what it includes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.