Wiki Posts
Search

W and/or Westin beds discount codes

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2007, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Originally Posted by sc flier
I don't understand the pricing of the pillowtop set. Why is it so much more expensive than the mattress alone?
That's a very good question, since the boxspring should be the same for both the plushtop and pillowtop. Maybe it's just the premium for getting a pillowtop mattress, I don't know.
Old Mar 22, 2007, 9:30 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, HH Gold, PC Plat, lots of miles but no status w/ usual *A, OW & ST suspects
just curious -- the w hotel store offers plushtop and pillowtop... i am staying in the w seattle right now, and when i called down to ask what kind of bed i was sleeping in, i was told pillowtop... however, the mattress in my room looks more like the picture they have for the plushtop...

anyone have any knowledge whether the standard bed in w's are plushtop or pillowtop? i'm really tempted to buy one but i want to make sure i get as close as possible to the actual bedding experience... =)
Old Mar 22, 2007, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gster78
just curious -- the w hotel store offers plushtop and pillowtop... i am staying in the w seattle right now, and when i called down to ask what kind of bed i was sleeping in, i was told pillowtop... however, the mattress in my room looks more like the picture they have for the plushtop...

anyone have any knowledge whether the standard bed in w's are plushtop or pillowtop? i'm really tempted to buy one but i want to make sure i get as close as possible to the actual bedding experience... =)
W uses plush top, with a layer of feather bed on top of it. There may be exceptions, but I'm fairly sure W seattle uses plush top.

Pillowtop mattress has an addition layer of "pillow" on top of the mattress. Look at the side of the mattress, if there's an addition layer on top of the mattress, then it is pillow top

Plushtop does not have this additional layer.
Old Mar 22, 2007, 9:34 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, HH Gold, PC Plat, lots of miles but no status w/ usual *A, OW & ST suspects
hi, i'd like to feel out ft'ers for some advice...

i'm considering buying a bed -- would you recommend the plush top or pillow top? which is the mattress that's in the typical w hotel room? (i'm staying at the seattle location right now and they say its the pillow top, but the mattress in my room doesn't match the picture shown for it on the web site)...

second, i currently have a frame from ikea at home... to save some money, i'd like to just buy the mattress alone, instead of adding the boxspring and frame as well... do you think its a good idea? has anyone tried something similar and if so, would you recommend/not recommend?
Old Mar 22, 2007, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gster78
hi, i'd like to feel out ft'ers for some advice...

i'm considering buying a bed -- would you recommend the plush top or pillow top? which is the mattress that's in the typical w hotel room? (i'm staying at the seattle location right now and they say its the pillow top, but the mattress in my room doesn't match the picture shown for it on the web site)...

second, i currently have a frame from ikea at home... to save some money, i'd like to just buy the mattress alone, instead of adding the boxspring and frame as well... do you think its a good idea? has anyone tried something similar and if so, would you recommend/not recommend?
look at my answer to your question in your heavenly bed post. As for which one, if you are planning on completing the W bed experience, then I would suggest buying a feather bed to put on top of your mattress. In this case, a plushtop would do. However, if you don't plan on putting a feather bed on top of your mattress, then buy a pillowtop.
Old Mar 22, 2007, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by luskinj
Why wouldn't you just post that the code is WE282 and it last until the end of the month? Would have saved me some time.
I just tried that code at the Sheraton Hotels at home (is that where it's supposed to work?) and it didn't work. Did I do something wrong?
Old Mar 22, 2007, 1:53 pm

It's for the W hotel store

Originally Posted by scrog
I just tried that code at the Sheraton Hotels at home (is that where it's supposed to work?) and it didn't work. Did I do something wrong?
It's for the W hotel store. The url for it is

http://www.whotelsthestore.com/
Old Mar 22, 2007, 2:59 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: Starwood:Lifetime Platinum, Air Canada:Basic, Asiana:Lifetime Diamond Plus, ANA: Basic
W Store ships to Canada

It was just plain luck that I read the last few postings on Fat Wallet and discovered the code. It is an Empolyee Discount code so I am not sure how long they will allow non-employees to use it.

The 40% deal is the best deal I read so far and I purchased the whole package (Full size bed with pillows, sheets..etc) few days ago. Saved a lot over 600 or something.

I was concerned that they may not ship to rural Canada (or Canada in general) but I called in and confirmed that they DO SHIP TO CANADA! The bed/matreess, frame, spring box has free delivery. But the pillows, sheets, covers, blankets..etc has shipping (!?) since it is not shipped seperately - $US 250 for the shipping!

I am waiting to see how the bed will look like.
Old Mar 22, 2007, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by 49er
It's for the W hotel store. The url for it is

http://www.whotelsthestore.com/
Thanks,

I do like the Sheraton bed better so I will hope a great code gets posted for their store.
Old Mar 22, 2007, 6:31 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by BlissWorld
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helena Handbaskets
And I assume this deal also comes with the bonus starpoints if you use a Starwood Amex?

Yes, since W the Store is affiliated with Starwood hotels.
What bonus starpoints are you referring to if you use a Starwood AMEX?
Old Mar 22, 2007, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bigjim
What bonus starpoints are you referring to if you use a Starwood AMEX?
If you use starwood amex, you get 2 points per dollar spent at W Hotel Store, Westin Store, Sheraton and Four Points Store....not sure about Bliss
Old Mar 22, 2007, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I went to look for sheets and towels, also a great price, and ALL unavailable
Old Mar 22, 2007, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by b8b
W Hotels store has a 40% off code for all mattresses and down bedding. Use code WE282 for your discount. Coupon code expires 3/31/07.

When using this code at checkout it's coming up as:
"W Employee Discount - non transferable"
Old Mar 23, 2007, 12:33 am

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
Originally Posted by luskinj
Why wouldn't you just post that the code is WE282 and it last until the end of the month? Would have saved me some time.
When entering this code, it says this is a "W Employee Discount".
Old Mar 23, 2007, 6:10 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by BlissWorld
If you use starwood amex, you get 2 points per dollar spent at W Hotel Store, Westin Store, Sheraton and Four Points Store....not sure about Bliss
Well, you got me curious...from the AMEX website:

Earn Double Starpoints for Starwood spend3

Earn double StarpointsŪ on stays at participating Starwood Hotels & Resorts and purchases made at select Starwood retail outlets like Bliss spa, Westin Store, W Hotels Store, Sheraton Store, and Four Points by Sheraton Store . That's in addition to any Starpoints you earn as a Starwood Preferred GuestŪ.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.