Community
Wiki Posts
Search

W and/or Westin beds discount codes

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2006, 8:17 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum,Marriott Platinum, United Silver
And got my mattress today too but as previous poster said - only 30%. How long should it take to actually get the mattress? Will they shlep it upstairs to the bedroom? Will they take away my old one?

Many thanks for the tip and the help.
Old Aug 27, 2006, 1:45 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, Spg Gold, HH Gold, AZ Freccia Alata, Hertz Club Gold
Are W bed and Heavenly Bed aviable only for US or in Europe too ?
Old Aug 27, 2006, 6:36 am

Programs: United 2 million lifetime Marriott Titanium LiCo Plat Hertz Plat spg plat former Co Chairmans Circle
Originally Posted by Bondiboy
I an contemplating the purchase of a Heavenly Bed plus all of the bits that go with one.

Are there any current deals?

Where is the best place to buy?

Ist there any way to get starwood points or FF miles from the purchase?

Universal Hotel Liquidators in New Haven has used Heavenily Beds that they just received from the Westin Copley in Boston. They are the first generation beds and I got mine for $125. Great for college kids.
Old Aug 27, 2006, 8:37 am
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
Originally Posted by stevens397
How long should it take to actually get the mattress? Will they shlep it upstairs to the bedroom? Will they take away my old one?
Unless you live in one of a handful of major cities, figure three weeks for delivery. As to dragging it upstairs and carting the old one away, not to worry. My experience, and that of buyers posted in FatWallet, has been very positive about the delivery people.

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/mess...hreadid=559829

At my home the staircase is not overly wide, and does a 180 degree turn. They navigated it without any issues or complaints.

I asked the delivery guys (who came from a local affiliate of 1-800-MATTRESS) what they do with the old mattresses. The lead guy said the better ones are carted down to Mexico, and sold for $20-35 a set.
Old Aug 27, 2006, 11:52 am
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
I would also suggest that you arrange for donating to a women's transition shelter e.g., in Seattle it's called Jubilee House. They are always needing mattress sets for women who are in transition and literally leave their homes with nothing. You would get a tax receipt/deduction
Old Aug 27, 2006, 12:04 pm
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
Put it on your Starwood Amex
Old Aug 27, 2006, 1:26 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum,Marriott Platinum, United Silver
lsant-

Thanks for the great idea. Sometimes we get stuck in the "box" which, for me was how to get rid of a mattress. Your idea is much better and I sadly would not have thought of it. Again, thanks.

Edited to add -
Just noticed something. Isn't it nice that my 500th post had nothing to do with points!
Old Oct 5, 2006, 1:13 pm

Programs: Life SPG Plat, 7X NH DIA
Just ordered T6X4A still works for 30% discount as of today.
$975 all-in for CA King Plush Set and Frame.

Regards,

Scho
Old Oct 6, 2006, 12:00 am
np

Originally Posted by schoflyer
Just ordered T6X4A still works for 30% discount as of today.
$975 all-in for CA King Plush Set and Frame.

Regards,

Scho
That sounds like a sweet deal. I'm thinking about going out and trying out one of these beds tomorrow.
Old Oct 6, 2006, 12:07 am

Programs: Life SPG Plat, 7X NH DIA
Originally Posted by np
That sounds like a sweet deal. I'm thinking about going out and trying out one of these beds tomorrow.
You're going to burn that 30% discount if you stay at a W while not on business travel

This is my second one of these beds. (Don't Ask! Nothing to do with the bed!) First go-round I got the alternative topper from W. Currently am using an alternative topper from Bed Bath and Beyond on my "Temp" bed. I'd reccomend that route if you can find something you like there on sale. Research this first because the 30% does lower the bedding cost down to decent levels.

Regards,

Scho
Old Oct 24, 2006, 5:29 pm

The only bonus for a mattress I've seen is this one: http://www.mileswhileyousleep.com/ but I haven't read a report from anyone who's tried them out.
Old Oct 24, 2006, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by cur
Put it on your Starwood Amex

Yes!

Earn double Starpoints® on stays at participating Starwood Hotels & Resorts and purchases made at select Starwood retail outlets like Bliss spa, Westin Store, W Hotels Store, Sheraton Store, and Four Points by Sheraton Store . That's in addition to any Starpoints you earn as a Starwood Preferred Guest®.
Old Oct 25, 2006, 9:10 am

Programs: Marriott PP...Southwest A+ CP
Ordered yesterday...somehow, my bed seemed worse last night than ever before. I am tired of waking up stiff and sore at home, but vibrant and feeling fine on the road!

The only sad part is losing the motion transfer on the memory foam bed I have now.

Thanks for the code and new bed, hurry up!!!
Old Nov 16, 2006, 10:04 pm

Does anyone know if I can use my Westin Card (SPG redeemed points) at the W hotels store?

I know the conversion rate is horrible, but I don't plan to redeem them at Westin's anytime soon (and, the conversion rate is slightly better than the Amazon or Nordstrom dollar equivalent).

Too bad the discount doesn't work at the westin at home store.
Old Nov 17, 2006, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by runnerwallah
Does anyone know if I can use my Westin Card (SPG redeemed points) at the W hotels store?
Followup to my own post, I just asked *wood, and they said I cannot use those cards at the W hotel store. It seems odd to me, and he did not explain why, but rules are rules

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.