Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Milan, Italy [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Milan, Italy [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2009, 2:45 am

Programs: BA Gold
I go to milan 2/3 times a month and always stay at the Westin.

The Gallia is in need of rennovation and has issues with the noise from the trams turning around by the station below and the windows not being double glazed. I stayed there 8 times for the LeMeridien promotion last year and in January I did receive a bottle of Mumm nearly every time during January 08.

The Westin is the more glam hotel, lots of celebrities stay there (Beckham when he arrived) but the hotel gym is one of the best in the city by a long way. The room service is excellent and I generally feel more at home in this hotel.

The Diana Majestic, great place for cocktails in the evening a lively bar area generally average rooms service fine.

For me a continuous traveller to Milan, its Westin every time..
Old Feb 11, 2009, 4:46 am

Programs: Starwood Platinum, Delta Platinum, AAdvantage Platinum, ANA Loser Status
The Four Points must be avoided ...

I was in Milan for a brief stay on business (have to be frugal with the company dime) and I stayed at the Four Points. It was disgusting. It was so unacceptably poor that I called the SPG line and told them that the hotel (which was a franchised property) should be stripped of the Four Points name.

Compared to other Four Points (one of my favorites is the Shanghai Pudong), this one was a 2 star hotel. Disgusting, worn out rooms. Terrible services. Breakfast was aweful. Just a foul place that should not be part of the Starwood brand.
Old Feb 11, 2009, 4:55 am

Programs: EX²-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Originally Posted by Qwiklap
I was in Milan for a brief stay on business (have to be frugal with the company dime) and I stayed at the Four Points. It was disgusting. It was so unacceptably poor that I called the SPG line and told them that the hotel (which was a franchised property) should be stripped of the Four Points name.

Compared to other Four Points (one of my favorites is the Shanghai Pudong), this one was a 2 star hotel. Disgusting, worn out rooms. Terrible services. Breakfast was aweful. Just a foul place that should not be part of the Starwood brand.
That's nothing new...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...er-thread.html

Last edited by Forstbetrieb; Feb 11, 2009 at 5:00 am
Old Feb 11, 2009, 8:06 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
abk, fduvall and nonsoloinglese, thank you for your feedback. Based on your feedback, I'll try Westin and Diana Majestic instead of Gallia.
Old Mar 6, 2009, 11:11 am

Milan- Westin or Sheraton

I have 3 nights in Milan and I am Platinum. I see both hotels. Chose the Westin and using points. Seems like better location. Looking for something special for Birhday Celebration.

Anyone have opinion between the two?

Walking and train is important.

I am also Plat at Marriott, but that seems out of the way.

Thx.
Old Mar 6, 2009, 2:26 pm

Why did you exclude the LM Gallia, which is on the square alongside the main train station? Most public transportation lines are nearby and it is a safe location.
Old Mar 6, 2009, 4:20 pm
Community Director Emerita

Vantzy, welcome to the Starwood forum. Here are threads that discuss the various Starwood options in Milan:

Milan - Le Meridien Excelsior La Gallia
Milan - Westin
Milan - Four Points
Milan - Which Starwood?
Old Mar 6, 2009, 8:23 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Life_Platinum
Why did you exclude the LM Gallia, which is on the square alongside the main train station? Most public transportation lines are nearby and it is a safe location.
LM Gallia is actually quite convenient. Statione Centrale also is the bus stop for Malpensa Bus. The rates at LM Gallia are almost always lower than the Westin and Sheraton.
Old Mar 7, 2009, 6:31 pm

Programs: BA,LH,CX,EK SPG,IC mainly and a few others
Originally Posted by CIT85
LM Gallia is actually quite convenient. Statione Centrale also is the bus stop for Malpensa Bus. The rates at LM Gallia are almost always lower than the Westin and Sheraton.
And I have very good platinum experience with LM- almost always got an upgrade.
I don't remember the other properties give free breakfast for Plats (long time since I stayed in Westin or Sheraton in Milan)- LM Gallia does not, so I would book a breakfast included rate.
Old Mar 8, 2009, 7:11 am
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
Originally Posted by Vantzy
I have 3 nights in Milan and I am Platinum. I see both hotels. Chose the Westin and using points. Seems like better location. Looking for something special for Birhday Celebration.

Anyone have opinion between the two?

Walking and train is important.

I am also Plat at Marriott, but that seems out of the way.

Thx.
i think you will find that the sheraton diana is younger and trendier then the palace, almost like a w. the palace is much more of a classic hotel. the le meridien may be close to the train station but imho it is the least desirable of the three.
Old Mar 8, 2009, 11:59 am

Which of the mentioned hotels provides the better upgrades for Plats? Does any one have a Club Lounge?

MC
Old Mar 9, 2009, 2:00 am

Programs: SPG
They don't have a Club Lounge Floor. The Sheraton Diana Majestic has some Club Rooms that offer an array of upgraded amenities. Complementary Breakfast at heat>diana Restaurant, and a variety of snack, soft drinks, beers and wines throughout the day at h club>diana bar.
Old Mar 9, 2009, 10:34 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Cucchi
They don't have a Club Lounge Floor. The Sheraton Diana Majestic has some Club Rooms that offer an array of upgraded amenities. Complementary Breakfast at heat>diana Restaurant, and a variety of snack, soft drinks, beers and wines throughout the day at h club>diana bar.
Are these benefits for SPG Plat or based on room rate that include these benefits?
Old Mar 9, 2009, 10:59 am

Programs: SPG
They are based on room rate. The price for the Club Room should be 50 EUR more than the Best Available Rate.
Old Mar 9, 2009, 8:41 pm

Programs: UAL 1K (1.6 Million Miles), Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold
I'm a Platinum and got a fabulous upgrade at the Westin, and a so-so upgrade at the Sheraton Diana. The Westin is a big grand hotel, and my suite had silk wallpaper, a chandelier, and my own steam room with a view of the Duomo! Really an ornate room. Hotel looks like it caters to business types....and neighborhood looked to be mainly office buildings.

Sheraton Diana was in more of a neighborhood, with the Milan trams running along the street. My room there had french doors that led out onto a small balcony overlooking the street and trams. The room was old, with high ceilings and a bit of peeling paint. This hotel supposedly has a hip bar, but it was pretty quiet when I was there. The hotel is smaller than the Westin and supposedly very crowded during Fashion Week in Milan.

Enjoy Milan....an under-rated city in my opinion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.