Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

[PREOPENING] Excited for upcoming St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Archived]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREOPENING] Excited for upcoming St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Archived]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2016, 2:52 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by tylerc
Oh I share the anxiety! Terrified...can't even bring a duty free bottle to help with alcohol costs!
Seriously! Hoping for beers that cost no more than $15...

Tyler, I think you have the first stay out of all of us. I'm not until July. Looking forward to reading your review here!
Old Oct 29, 2016, 5:28 pm

Thanks to everyone who helped posting up the menus, watersport and spa options. (Especially TylerC for getting it started)

For a place that brags about their multi million dollar wine cellar I was hoping they'd have a wakesurf boat like the Four Seasons but I guess they had other priorities.

I'd be surprised to find a more expensive veggie burger in the world than here, $42 and with tax/service nearly $52. For a guy who loves beer, $13.50 each (all in) will add up my tab fairly quick. However the $74 bottles of 375ml liquor which is 12.5 ounces is the best deal on the menu I've been able to find for us boozers. My better half took a quick look and it's just shy of $20 (all in) per glass of wine she'd order when trying to be thrifty.

Just like tylerc and Psuedo Nim the biggest pain will be to multiply all above prices by 1.34 to get my true cost in Canadian dollars. PsuedoNim I have read it's illegal to fish off the islands so I suggest you bring a pontoon and row out a bit before you drop that fishing line

At the end of the day you gotta pay to play, especially in the Maldvies, even more so at a St Regis. Looking forward to hearing everyones experience at Vommuli.
Old Oct 29, 2016, 5:35 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
What about the big game fishing expedition? Catch a huge tuna and eat it for a week?
Old Oct 30, 2016, 5:30 am

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
What about the big game fishing expedition? Catch a huge tuna and eat it for a week?
Not a bad idea...

Seems I forgot to send the beverage menu out - I've added it to the wiki

Cocktails are certainly up there in price. I'm hoping for happy hour(s)!

For beer drinkers, there's always Carlsberg at $9++!!!

The more I look at these menus, the more I wish I was platinum to at least have breakfast covered. I debated the platinum challenge on the Marriott side, 9 stays to get platinum, but couldn't come up with 9 stays in time.

Last edited by tylerc; Oct 30, 2016 at 6:44 am
Old Oct 31, 2016, 10:03 am

No happy hour.

8 complimentary bottles of water per day (not sure of the size, hopefully not mini ones).
Old Oct 31, 2016, 7:05 pm

Looking on facebook I found some more pictures of the resort which have been posted by staff working there or were involved in building the resort. It looks so amazing.
Attached Images         
Old Oct 31, 2016, 8:29 pm

No happy hour.

8 complimentary bottles of water per day (not sure of the size, hopefully not mini ones).
I'm hoping this is 8 per person and not 8 per couple. I would be very frustrated w/ Starwood if I asked for more house water and they told me I needed to pay $14 for each additional bottle beyond the 8.

If that's the case, the kitchen better open up a stove so I can boil my own water.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 8:52 pm

Also, taken from the Private Dining menu-- "...please refrain from jumping off the boardwalk or from your Villa or suite deck into the ocean, as it is extremely unsafe due to low tides and coral."

Guess this confirmed our suspicions about the ocean depth. Bummer!
Old Nov 1, 2016, 3:39 am

Originally Posted by Ants1
I'm hoping this is 8 per person and not 8 per couple. I would be very frustrated w/ Starwood if I asked for more house water and they told me I needed to pay $14 for each additional bottle beyond the 8.

If that's the case, the kitchen better open up a stove so I can boil my own water.
Quoting the hotel: "With regards to the drinking water, we will place 8 bottles of mineral water in the room daily which will be on complimentary basis."

That said, I've never really had an issue tipping the maid a few $ extra with a note asking for additional water.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 8:41 am

Quoting the hotel: "With regards to the drinking water, we will place 8 bottles of mineral water in the room daily which will be on complimentary basis."

That said, I've never really had an issue tipping the maid a few $ extra with a note asking for additional water.
Like seriously, if 8 bottles PER DAY is not enough, then I think you need your bladder or something checked. That's 4L of water per day!!!!!!!!!!

[edit] unless you're bringing dry noodles and powder alcohol, in which case I have zero pity for you in the first place.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 10:51 am

Like seriously, if 8 bottles PER DAY is not enough, then I think you need your bladder or something checked. That's 4L of water per day!!!!!!!!!!

[edit] unless you're bringing dry noodles and powder alcohol, in which case I have zero pity for you in the first place.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 3:15 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Platinum+Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Delta Plat, United Silver, AX Biz Cent
Not a bad idea...

Seems I forgot to send the beverage menu out - I've added it to the wiki

Cocktails are certainly up there in price. I'm hoping for happy hour(s)!

For beer drinkers, there's always Carlsberg at $9++!!!

The more I look at these menus, the more I wish I was platinum to at least have breakfast covered. I debated the platinum challenge on the Marriott side, 9 stays to get platinum, but couldn't come up with 9 stays in time.
Have you found out what the pricing will be for breakfast if you don't have it included in your rate through platinum or package?
Old Nov 1, 2016, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by some dude
Have you found out what the pricing will be for breakfast if you don't have it included in your rate through platinum or package?
I haven't...I'm praying that they assume everyone has breakfast included and let me eat free, so I don't want to draw attention to it!

Just kidding...I just haven't bothered asking. I figure one of the combo options from the in-room dining will likely cover us both. Earlier this year at Intercontinental Danang we did in-room and buffet a few times, and found the in-room options to be large portions for a half decent price compared to the buffet. Not saying StR will be this way, but hoping so. My wife eats pretty basic breakfast (oatmeal, fruit, etc) so paying full pop for a buffet for her rarely makes sense. We had the buffet last fall at Thalasso and if it hadn't have been half price (they offer it half price at check-in), I don't think the value would have been there for her.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 10:24 pm

Lol, I hadn't thought of powder alcohol. In all seriousness, 4 liters for two people, in a tropical environment, is not a large amount to have each day. Especially if you're partaking in water sports, dehydration happens fast. I prefer to drink more rather than less.

I'll take Tyler's advice in tipping extra to housekeeping. I don't like having to ration our intake of water to avoid paying $14/additional bottle when a premium price is already being paid.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by Ants1
Lol, I hadn't thought of powder alcohol. In all seriousness, 4 liters for two people, in a tropical environment, is not a large amount to have each day. Especially if you're partaking in water sports, dehydration happens fast. I prefer to drink more rather than less.

I'll take Tyler's advice in tipping extra to housekeeping. I don't like having to ration our intake of water to avoid paying $14/additional bottle when a premium price is already being paid.
You're forgetting that any paid activity will include free water. So you don't need to ask for extras from the maids.

Of all the tropical resorts I've been to, I've never had a dehydration problem. Seriously, no $2K/night resort will charge you for water if you're actively spending money elsewhere in the resort.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.