Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

[PREOPENING] Excited for upcoming St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Archived]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREOPENING] Excited for upcoming St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Archived]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2016, 5:17 am

Originally Posted by kkl
Bottom of menu says +10% charges
+ govt tax (another 12% I believe).
Old Oct 17, 2016, 10:49 am

Programs: Marriott LT Platinum+Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Delta Plat, United Silver, AX Biz Cent
Not sure if it's just something in my PDF viewer app or if it's actually intended this way, but the Breakfast menu has no pricing on it at all. All the other menus have prices. Very strange.

Still wondering what "SPG Platinum Breakfast" will mean at this property.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by fdemoulin
***EMPTY MESSAGE***
Did you write something or post for effect?

Originally Posted by Ants1
You saw the menus for this resort? Bentleys? For what I'm assuming is a 3 minute transfer lol.
5-6 minutes actually! Bit overboard with a Bentley though. And guess who's going to be paying for that and the maintenance on it. Not exactly cheap nor a lot of workshops qualified in Bentley maintenance in Male.....

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Having seen the menus.....And I thought Bora Bora was bonkers crazy.... looks like I have to redefine my superlatives (and expletives).
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
Prices are insane, but Orientale menu looks very, very good. Would love to see alcohol prices.
Not insane by Maldives standards. I've looked at the menus and there's sometimes no difference between Conrad Rangali and this resort. Generally speaking though, Vommuli is only around 10% more expensive than the Conrad. You've got to remember it's the Maldives. Everything is priced like this.

I have to admit, Ayyoub has done a great job with the selection of food considering the size of the resort and number of outlets.

Last edited by MaldivesFreak; Oct 17, 2016 at 1:26 pm
Old Oct 17, 2016, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by VCURamFan
Prices in USD?
All prices are in USD at Maldives resorts. Even if you visit a local island there's no need to convert cash into the local currency.

Originally Posted by kkl
Bottom of menu says +10% charges
And don't forget the government tax (which is currently at 12%)

All prices are subject to 10% service charge and prevailing government taxes
Note that the taxes are stacking ((base + service charge) * T-GST) and so it's 23.2%, not 22% as one might think.

Originally Posted by some dude
Not sure if it's just something in my PDF viewer app or if it's actually intended this way, but the Breakfast menu has no pricing on it at all. All the other menus have prices. Very strange.
Not strange at all. Buffet restaurants in the Maldives, at least from what I've seen, don't have prices for individual items. There will be a price for breakfast for non-cash and non-status, i.e; 'no free brekky' stays but that's never listed on the menus anyway. You have to ask the resort for that information.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
I have just had the menus sent to me and was quite pleasantly surprised. I would assume that alcohol prices will be consistent with other Maldivian resorts. It would be nice if they did a weekly Plat reception though.

For contrast we spent circa $5k a few years ago at the Conrad Rangali on food drink and half a day of spa treatments and we had free breakfast and never ate lunch, on the whole the SR prices seem a bit lower, albeit without any tasting menu, wine cellar dinner and "rolling street food" pricing.

This doesn't look too bad at all to me apart from the pound being worth less these days

Could someone post the minibar pricing they have seen? I found at Rangali, minibar prices were pretty much in line with bar prices.

I would also be interested in other excursion package pricing.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 11:25 am

Programs: AA PLT / MR LTPP 1/1/19 / Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
For contrast we spent circa $5k a few years ago at the Conrad Rangali on food drink and half a day of spa treatments and we had free breakfast and never ate lunch, on the whole the SR prices seem a bit lower, albeit without any tasting menu, wine cellar dinner and "rolling street food" pricing.
How long was your stay?
Old Oct 18, 2016, 1:12 pm

Ditto
Old Oct 18, 2016, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by araknis
How long was your stay?
7 nights, total spend (redemption base booking) was circa $11k but $6k of that was room upgrade and transfers.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 6:45 am

I have just had the menus sent to me and was quite pleasantly surprised. I would assume that alcohol prices will be consistent with other Maldivian resorts. It would be nice if they did a weekly Plat reception though.

This doesn't look too bad at all to me apart from the pound being worth less these days

Could someone post the minibar pricing they have seen? I found at Rangali, minibar prices were pretty much in line with bar prices.

I would also be interested in other excursion package pricing.
All menus and minibar prices are posted a page or two back...
Old Oct 19, 2016, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tylerc
All menus and minibar prices are posted a page or two back...
Thanks I had missed this, the minibar menu was the only thing I didn't get direct front the resort. I actually don't think that is too bad. I fact by Maldivian standards almost reasonable, certainly on a par with the offering at Rangali and I think the gin price is positively reasonable (presumably there is no restriction on me bringing my own tonic as it is non alcoholic?), if only it were Tanqueray rather than Bombay.

I also have a Spa menu and price list, which I thought again was pretty reasonable by local standards.

Anyone who has been to the Maldives before would be aware that it isn't cheap, anyone who hasn't should really be aware prior to their visit.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 8:35 am

7 nights, total spend (redemption base booking) was circa $11k but $6k of that was room upgrade and transfers.
$5K for 7 nights??!!
This is for 2 people? Includes activities as well?
Old Oct 19, 2016, 9:17 am

Rangali take a $500 deposit per day per couple (which they say is the average spend). Whether it is or isn't, $5K for 7 days including taxes is not that high, especially if you do either lunch or dinner at Ithaa (the undersea restaurant), maybe one other special dinner, a couple of spa treatments and include some alcohol.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 2:15 pm

Spa?

Thanks I had missed this, the minibar menu was the only thing I didn't get direct front the resort. I actually don't think that is too bad. I fact by Maldivian standards almost reasonable, certainly on a par with the offering at Rangali and I think the gin price is positively reasonable (presumably there is no restriction on me bringing my own tonic as it is non alcoholic?), if only it were Tanqueray rather than Bombay.

I also have a Spa menu and price list, which I thought again was pretty reasonable by local standards.

Anyone who has been to the Maldives before would be aware that it isn't cheap, anyone who hasn't should really be aware prior to their visit.
Can you share a copy of the spa menu and price list please?
Old Oct 25, 2016, 6:36 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond. SPG Plat. Marriott Plat.
Will they have a set priced board or half board?
Old Oct 25, 2016, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by BellaDiCali
Can you share a copy of the spa menu and price list please?
Something that we've all been waiting for, the spa and watersports menu. I've also included the children's menus which weren't posted previously. The hotel also confirmed that all the major construction at the hotel will be completed for the grand opening on Nov. 1, 2016. Only have to wait now until mid-January till I can experience this resort!

Iridium Spa Menu

Watersports & Activities

Private Dining

Crust Kids

Alba Kids

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.