Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Dashboard Promos: Stay a night in XX SPG Brands by <date> and get YY Starpoints

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 24, 2015, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Absolute
2016 Promo

Global Promo on the SPG Dashboard, with two different threshold levels; this promo is available at the bottom of the SPG Dashboard, below your world map.

https://www.spgpromos.com/dashboard/site/index

All eligible stays between January 1, 2016, and December 31, 2016, count towards bonus earnings. For the purposes of this promotion, Free Night Awards and Cash & Points Award nights are eligible toward the promotional earnings.

Stay at 11 brands, earn 11,000 bonus Starpoints

Stay at 5 brands, earn 500 bonus Starpoints

Members must log in to the SPG Dashboard between January 4 and December 31, 2016, 11:59 p.m. ET to be eligible for this promotion. Members can earn 500 Starpoints for staying at five Starwood brands. Members can earn 11,000 Starpoints for staying at 11 Starwood brands. For purposes of this promotion an eligible stay at the brands listed here will count toward this earning promotion: St. Regis, Luxury Collection, W, Le Méridien, Westin, Sheraton, Aloft, Element, Four Points., Tribute Portfolio and SPG-participating Design HotelsTM Member Hotels. Members only earn one bonus for this promotion, up to 11,000 Starpoints. Stays completed from January 1 - December 31, 2016 are eligible for the promotion.

2015 Promo

Targeted Promo on the SPG Dashboard :

Stay at 10 brands, earn 10,000 bonus Starpoints

Note that the '10th brand' is Tribute, in which there are currently only 2 properties : South Beach and London

Stay at 5 brands, earn 500 bonus Starpoints
An eligible member can earn 500 Starpoints for staying at five different Starwood-owned hotel brands between January 1 and December 31, 2015.
A member can only earn the bonus once. Bonus Starpoints can take up to 2 to 4 weeks to post to your account after confirmation that you have stayed at a total of five different Starwood-owned hotel brands between January 1 and December 31, 2015.

Previous version of the promo:
Surprise for staying at all 9 spg brands
Print Wikipost

Dashboard Promos: Stay a night in XX SPG Brands by <date> and get YY Starpoints

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2016, 3:05 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Good to know... Looks like one could pick up 7 brands in Bangkok. I wonder if that is a record? Probably New York City - albeit way more expensive - has more brands but apart from there...
I'm not sure which location has the greatest number of brands, but Bangkok has by far the cheapest BRG-able rates for St Regis and W (under $100), and very good rates for Sheraton, aloft, 4P, and Westin (under $60). The LMs are also quite cheap, but you can do better in CNX/CEI/KUL ($60-ish), and for cheap Luxury Collection, the $110 all-in rates at the Andaman are a great deal (although with Luxury Collection, there are a lot more low budget options than with SR and W -- e.g., Belgrade, Bratislava, and Weimar). If only they had more Elements in SE Asia, and Tribute and whatever else new brands have been popping up.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 4:35 pm

Programs: Try to be elite again... :)
11 brands - I think it is difficult non? I still have an impression that Tribute and Design Hotels are present only in a very small dataset of locations...
Old Feb 27, 2016, 10:44 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by landeej
Noticed the same, and now that I have stayed at >5 brands, I've noted that the points for that bonus have still not hit my account.

Has anyone received the 5 brands bonus yet? If not - can the Lurkers please advise how long it should take for that bonus to be deposited?

Thank you!
If you read the T&C, I think they'll only give you the points in .... 2017!
Old Feb 28, 2016, 9:13 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Bangkok: StR, LC, LM, aloft, FourPoints, Westin, W

NYC: StR, LC, W, LM, Sheraton, Westin, aloft, Tribute.....plus FourPoints and element in the suburbs?

For another contrast, Minneapolis: LC (Ivy), Westin (2, downtown and Edina Galleria), Sheraton (multiple, all suburban), W, LM (Chambers), aloft, FourPoints (airport). That makes 7, the same as Bangkok. The nearest element is in Fargo, ND. For other brands, look to Chicago (Sheraton Grand and Sheraton Suites, which I don't think count separately, plus whatever the Tremont is) and beyond.
There are several Four Points in Manhattan as well as an Element, so you can do at least 10 brands in Manhattan.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by landeej
Houston or Bangkok. AFAIK they're the cheapest St.Rs out there
can't be cheaper than the one in mumbai....its often available for around $125 a night (cheapest i've paid is $95) & will be a cat 3 from march 1st onwards....
Old Feb 28, 2016, 8:27 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Tommys888
11 brands - I think it is difficult non? I still have an impression that Tribute and Design Hotels are present only in a very small dataset of locations...
Depending on where you live: https://www.starwoodhotels.com/tribu...ist/index.html

Looks like London is the only option for Europe, with three in the US. For the upcoming locations, it looks like they're all US-based.

For Design, only a few seem to have started to accept SPG: https://www.starwoodhotels.com/desig.../all/list.html

I've also updated the Wiki, as the 2015 data is now out of date for the current promo.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 5:21 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat 100 (LT Gold), IHG Spire, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, National EE, Hertz Prez Circle
Originally Posted by solewalker
If you read the T&C, I think they'll only give you the points in .... 2017!
Hah! Thankfully, my points actually posted on Feb 27th, and they weren't Marriott Rewards points.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 12:05 pm
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
Based upon your experience do award stays count for this promo in 2016?
Old Feb 29, 2016, 12:13 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by cbellero
Based upon your experience do award stays count for this promo in 2016?
See the Wiki:

For the purposes of this promotion, Free Night Awards and Cash & Points Award nights are eligible toward the promotional earnings.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 7:06 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
It's stated in the T&Cs of the promo in Dashboard too.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 11:03 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Earned 500 Starpoints for 5 brands stayed.

Will try to stay at the other 6 brands later this year to get the 11k Starpoints.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by lcpteck
Earned 500 Starpoints for 5 brands stayed.

Will try to stay at the other 6 brands later this year to get the 11k Starpoints.
Got it too.

My distribution (not planned) has been pretty amazing in hindsight...will have 13 stays by the end of next week, covering 8 brands.

I'd like to go for the 11, but I still have the three toughest to do...I can probably make Element work, but Tribute/Design will be hard given my stay patterns.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 5:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'm disappointed that there's nothing this year for 9 or 10 brands. There are a few brands that can be very hard depending on the locations of your travel. Tribute and Design are obvious examples (plus there aren't elite benefits at Design), but element and StR can also be difficult.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 5:38 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I'm disappointed that there's nothing this year for 9 or 10 brands. There are a few brands that can be very hard depending on the locations of your travel. Tribute and Design are obvious examples (plus there aren't elite benefits at Design), but element and StR can also be difficult.
10 nights in New York and 1 night in PSP and you'd be done in less than 2 weeks.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 6:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
10 nights in New York and 1 night in PSP and you'd be done in less than 2 weeks.
Ten nights of hotel hopping in NYC? No thanks....nor is PSP appealing to me in the summer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.