Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Dashboard Promos: Stay a night in XX SPG Brands by <date> and get YY Starpoints

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 24, 2015, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Absolute
2016 Promo

Global Promo on the SPG Dashboard, with two different threshold levels; this promo is available at the bottom of the SPG Dashboard, below your world map.

https://www.spgpromos.com/dashboard/site/index

All eligible stays between January 1, 2016, and December 31, 2016, count towards bonus earnings. For the purposes of this promotion, Free Night Awards and Cash & Points Award nights are eligible toward the promotional earnings.

Stay at 11 brands, earn 11,000 bonus Starpoints

Stay at 5 brands, earn 500 bonus Starpoints

Members must log in to the SPG Dashboard between January 4 and December 31, 2016, 11:59 p.m. ET to be eligible for this promotion. Members can earn 500 Starpoints for staying at five Starwood brands. Members can earn 11,000 Starpoints for staying at 11 Starwood brands. For purposes of this promotion an eligible stay at the brands listed here will count toward this earning promotion: St. Regis, Luxury Collection, W, Le Méridien, Westin, Sheraton, Aloft, Element, Four Points., Tribute Portfolio and SPG-participating Design HotelsTM Member Hotels. Members only earn one bonus for this promotion, up to 11,000 Starpoints. Stays completed from January 1 - December 31, 2016 are eligible for the promotion.

2015 Promo

Targeted Promo on the SPG Dashboard :

Stay at 10 brands, earn 10,000 bonus Starpoints

Note that the '10th brand' is Tribute, in which there are currently only 2 properties : South Beach and London

Stay at 5 brands, earn 500 bonus Starpoints
An eligible member can earn 500 Starpoints for staying at five different Starwood-owned hotel brands between January 1 and December 31, 2015.
A member can only earn the bonus once. Bonus Starpoints can take up to 2 to 4 weeks to post to your account after confirmation that you have stayed at a total of five different Starwood-owned hotel brands between January 1 and December 31, 2015.

Previous version of the promo:
Surprise for staying at all 9 spg brands
Print Wikipost

Dashboard Promos: Stay a night in XX SPG Brands by <date> and get YY Starpoints

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2016, 9:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
The point is that this is a new promo for 2016. Will be up to 10 brands tomorrow and have the 11th done next month
Nice. I did 9 brands for 9,000 points last year, with the 9th being a Tribute Portfolio, which came with some additional bonus points (2,000 IIRC), so it was a nice chunk of points for a relatively inexpensive stay.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 9:15 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Strange; a few weeks ago I had the "500 Points for 5 Brands" promo on my dashboard, with it showing the tracker.

Now we have a new (old) promo, and yet my Dashboard now states that there are no promos at this time.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 9:38 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Absolute
Strange; a few weeks ago I had the "500 Points for 5 Brands" promo on my dashboard, with it showing the tracker.

Now we have a new (old) promo, and yet my Dashboard now states that there are no promos at this time.
I actually found it below my map of properties stayed. It doesn't appear on the tracker.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 8:58 am
SPG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by solewalker
I actually found it below my map of properties stayed. It doesn't appear on the tracker.
Aha, thanks for the tip! I do see it under there too, appreciate the clarification on where it moved to.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 10:53 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat 100 (LT Gold), IHG Spire, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, National EE, Hertz Prez Circle
Originally Posted by Absolute

Noticed the same, and now that I have stayed at >5 brands, I've noted that the points for that bonus have still not hit my account.

Has anyone received the 5 brands bonus yet? If not - can the Lurkers please advise how long it should take for that bonus to be deposited?

Thank you!
Old Feb 26, 2016, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
The point is that this is a new promo for 2016. Will be up to 10 brands tomorrow and have the 11th done next month
Tricky part for me will be getting a St. Regis without spending way more cash or points than the 11K bonus is worth.

Otherwise I'll be at 8 within a week and will do Westin and Tribute next time I'm in Vegas...
Old Feb 26, 2016, 2:50 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat 100 (LT Gold), IHG Spire, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, National EE, Hertz Prez Circle
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Tricky part for me will be getting a St. Regis without spending way more cash or points than the 11K bonus is worth.

Otherwise I'll be at 8 within a week and will do Westin and Tribute next time I'm in Vegas...
Houston or Bangkok. AFAIK they're the cheapest St.Rs out there
Old Feb 26, 2016, 3:49 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The December 31st end date seems to suggest that SPG is expected to last through the end of the your.....or could Marriott cancel this promo, even for those who are very close to earning the bonus points?
Old Feb 26, 2016, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by landeej
Houston or Bangkok. AFAIK they're the cheapest St.Rs out there
Atlanta StR (outside of Buckhead) can be relatively cheap at times.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 4:16 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
I could probably do it, but I don't think I want to stay in any of the Design Hotels given the lack of benefits...
Old Feb 26, 2016, 5:00 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by craigthemif
There are BRG opportunities for SR BKK at THB3800, so if your travels bring you to SE Asia, SR may turn out to be one of the cheaper brands to check off.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 7:30 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The December 31st end date seems to suggest that SPG is expected to last through the end of the your.....or could Marriott cancel this promo, even for those who are very close to earning the bonus points?

Under the T&C's, SPG themselves can cancel it at any time, so what doe Marriott matter?
Old Feb 27, 2016, 12:23 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
Originally Posted by landeej
Noticed the same, and now that I have stayed at >5 brands, I've noted that the points for that bonus have still not hit my account.

Has anyone received the 5 brands bonus yet? If not - can the Lurkers please advise how long it should take for that bonus to be deposited?

Thank you!
My 5 brand 500 points posted today - 5th brand stay was the night of 18 February
Old Feb 27, 2016, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jpdx
There are BRG opportunities for SR BKK at THB3800, so if your travels bring you to SE Asia, SR may turn out to be one of the cheaper brands to check off.
Good to know... Looks like one could pick up 7 brands in Bangkok. I wonder if that is a record? Probably New York City - albeit way more expensive - has more brands but apart from there...
Old Feb 27, 2016, 1:18 pm

Bangkok: StR, LC, LM, aloft, FourPoints, Westin, W

NYC: StR, LC, W, LM, Sheraton, Westin, aloft, Tribute.....plus FourPoints and element in the suburbs?

For another contrast, Minneapolis: LC (Ivy), Westin (2, downtown and Edina Galleria), Sheraton (multiple, all suburban), W, LM (Chambers), aloft, FourPoints (airport). That makes 7, the same as Bangkok. The nearest element is in Fargo, ND. For other brands, look to Chicago (Sheraton Grand and Sheraton Suites, which I don't think count separately, plus whatever the Tremont is) and beyond.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Feb 27, 2016 at 1:25 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.