Community
Wiki Posts
Search

All belongings removed from room

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2015, 9:00 pm

I've never had an issue with late checkout keycards. I get them on check-in and they work until I check out. Simple. No new keycards, no noon business.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 9:04 pm

Programs: TWA Platinum Ambassador, Eastern Stratosphere, NWA Gold Elite
An amazing thread which would not get much use elsewhere.

Being a Starwood and before that a Sheraton ITT and before that I do not remember frequent Sheraton guest for decades I would say that this thread spells out many of the current issues with SPG but ignores any solutions.

If you really like SPG, where do you want it to go from here?

Listening hard and hoping for better.....

czj48
Old Aug 26, 2015, 11:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by s0ssos
I've never had an issue with late checkout keycards. I get them on check-in and they work until I check out. Simple. No new keycards, no noon business.
i have this problem 50% of the time with late checkouts....
Old Aug 27, 2015, 12:49 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
No and in fact with late checkouts, I've stood there and watched the front desk agent make me a new key card and then print my bill. When I get up to the room, the new key card doesn't work so I must go back to the front desk. All because I was trying to save time and get a copy of the bill when the front desk wasn't busy and I was there walking past it anyway. I suspect the problem is that many front desk agents don't know how to print the bill without checking the person out automatically, nor do they understand that what they do has the effect of also being a checkout.
They must have screwed up making the new keycards. With the possible exception of NFC technology (Haven't used it yet), the door locks are standalone systems. They're not connected anything and nothing the front desk can do would automatically change the lock. I have found though that certain key card issues seem very frequent.
  • Asking for a late check out from the newbie night clerk
  • Connecting back to back reservations
  • Suites with multiple room numbers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.