Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

The SPG App for iPad and iPhone [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The SPG App for iPad and iPhone [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2014, 1:17 am

I'm also having issues with the app. I reported it to @spg on Twitter but I don't think they have passed on the message.

Running iPhone 6 on iOS 8.0 with the lastest SPG update. It seems like the app update that was pushed out a couple of days ago is what broke it.

Here's a video of what occurs http://youtu.be/JDmbDUjOZB4
Old Oct 17, 2014, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Same issues. Crashing on me too. Pretty useless at the moment.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 2:50 pm

Programs: DL DM, MARRIOTT AMBASSADOR LIFETIME TITANIUM
same here
Old Oct 17, 2014, 8:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
App crashed almost immediately

Same issue for me. @spgassist said they weren't aware and asked me to share details with [email protected], which I did... haven't heard back yet.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 9:03 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by zzap
I'm also having issues with the app. I reported it to @spg on Twitter but I don't think they have passed on the message.

Running iPhone 6 on iOS 8.0 with the lastest SPG update. It seems like the app update that was pushed out a couple of days ago is what broke it.

Here's a video of what occurs http://youtu.be/JDmbDUjOZB4
Try to delete the app from the device and then download and let us know if that helps.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by yosithezet
Try to delete the app from the device and then download and let us know if that helps.
Now why didn't I think of that? I usually would have.

Unfortunately, it's made it worse.

Now of two tries, 1 didn't even make it to the home screen and crashed out. The second made it to the home screen but refused to accept any input before crashing out. At least previously I would be able to get to the booking screen before it crashed.

I hate to say it like this, but doesn't SPG/Bottle Rocket do some basic testing before releasing a patch?
Old Oct 17, 2014, 10:38 pm

Programs: United GS 2MM,, Marriott/Starwood Lifetime Platinum
Same here, constant crashing on the iPhone app. I really rely on the app (need to make 2 reservations right now) so it's certainly slowing me down.
Old Oct 18, 2014, 12:56 am

Programs: Marriott, American Airlines, HiltonHonors, Southwest Airlines
I'm assuming the app was updated for 8.1 compatibility (assuming 8.1 contains code for some SPG check-in-with-your-watch functionality), and some procedure in the 8.1 code for SPG doesn't "play nice" with the 8.0.2 code base.

It'll probably work next week when iOS 8.1 is released.

(No I don't work for Apple, I'm having the same problem, and given the simultaneous roll-out of a couple new Apple products, this might be one of the side-effects)
Old Oct 18, 2014, 2:35 am

Odd that code for an incremental upgrade would break an app so thoroughly. But we'll just have to wait I guess. One way or another it'll be fixed.

If it is still WORKING for anyone here, could you report in, with your iOS version too? Perhaps that will help the IT team.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 2:21 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
App running OK for me on iPad and iPhone both running 8.0.2. However, I've noticed more information is being provided on upcoming reservations which seems to be confused - I have an upcoming stay in the US for 2 nights and the rate quoted on the App is stated as GBP but actually relates to the USD rate (including the resort fee)
Old Oct 19, 2014, 9:14 pm

Programs: United GS 2MM,, Marriott/Starwood Lifetime Platinum
I tried the delete/reload procedure. Still crashing constantly. Hopefully they will get it working again within a few business days.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 11:39 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite (Lifetime Platinum), HHonors Gold
Add me to the list of those who are experiencing constant crashing of the updated SPG app. Tried all of the above fix suggestions (restarting the phone, re-downloading the app, etc.) to no avail.

As someone who has worked in the software industry for the last couple of decades, I find it mind-boggling that they can release an update that is so thoroughly broken. Is their entire QA team on vacation?
Old Oct 20, 2014, 11:52 am

Programs: SPG Gold/HH Diamond/CC Gold/Hyatt Explorist
Still broken on iOS 8.1
Old Oct 20, 2014, 12:15 pm

Programs: Delta, SPG
Broken for me too
Old Oct 20, 2014, 2:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold
Crashing for me too on my iPhone 6 running IOS 8.0.2.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.