Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

[ENDED 30 June 2018] Elite "Thank You You've Made My Stay" certificates

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 3, 2015, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
The Elite Thank You program ended on December 31, 2017. You have until June 30, 2018, to award your Thank You certificates to SPG associates.

A great way to say thanks -

You expect and deserve outstanding service from SPG®. So when an associate goes above and beyond to make your stay, it’s nice to have a special way to express your thanks.

That’s what Elite Thank You certificates are all about. Print yours now to make the day of every deserving SPG associate who receives one.

Remember: All SPG associates and customer care agents are eligible to receive Elite Thank You certificates. Enjoy giving them — and we’ll keep looking for ways to earn them.

From T&C :"however, the certificates cannot be used as a form of bribery or fraud, nor may the certificates be sold in any manner"

Weblink : http://www.spg.com/elitethankyou

Frequently Asked Questions:

What is an Elite Thank You?
It's a certificate that an elite member can use to recognize a Starwood associate who provided outstanding service, whether in person or over the phone.

How do I get Elite Thank You certificates?
Please visit spg.com/elitethankyou to download and print your certificates.

Who is eligible to receive an Elite Thank You?
All Starwood associates in Customer Contact Centers or hotels that participate in the Starwood Preferred Guest® program are eligible, including but not limited to associates at the front desk, reservations line, concierge desk, bellhop service, restaurants, housekeeping, fitness centers, business centers and so forth. To give a certificate over the phone, just tell the associate you'd like to give him or her an Elite Thank You, then provide the unique code on the certificate.

Can I use an Elite Thank You certificate more than once?
No. Each Elite Thank You certificate has a unique code that can be used only once, so it can be given to only one person.

Can I give multiple Elite Thank You certificates to a single person?
Yes.

Can I get more Thank You certificates?
Members are eligible to request certificates when they renew or upgrade their elite status. No additional certificates can be requested.

How long are the Elite Thank You certificates valid?
Please see your certificates for the expiration date.
Print Wikipost

[ENDED 30 June 2018] Elite "Thank You You've Made My Stay" certificates

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2015, 3:55 am

Programs: SPG,HH,IHG
Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
After requalifying this year, I received ones that will end on Dec 31/2015.
OMG
very short period to use it
Maybe lurker can help us ?
Please advice guide line for order Thank you card that have longest period to use.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 10:17 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by nongsom
OMG
very short period to use it
Maybe lurker can help us ?
Please advice guide line for order Thank you card that have longest period to use.
Requesting certs online generated ones that ended with my membership year. Perhaps you should do the same.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by uxb
Requesting certs online generated ones that ended with my membership year. Perhaps you should do the same.
Thank you but why spg don't same thing in physical card?

I really love this card more than self printed card
Old May 2, 2015, 4:55 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by nongsom
Thank you but why spg don't same thing in physical card?

I really love this card more than self printed card
Maybe a lurker knows. On a side note, I looked at the cards again, they actually have expiry dates of 30 June 2016. So months after the membership period ends.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 9:53 am

Starwood Platinum Elite Thank You Cards

I have some Plat Thank You cards that I would like to use at the Westin St John next week. The cards are a few years old, but do not have an expiration date on them. (I also had some cards with expiration dates). Can I still use the no expiration date cards? Thanks!!
Old Jul 3, 2015, 9:58 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by Reenie287
I have some Plat Thank You cards that I would like to use at the Westin St John next week. The cards are a few years old, but do not have an expiration date on them. (I also had some cards with expiration dates). Can I still use the no expiration date cards? Thanks!!
Welcome to the forum.

This thread should answer your question.
Elite gold & platinum "Thank You You've Made My Stay" certificate cards

Please note, that a quick search is best to find an answer instead of starting a new thread on an existing topic or hotel.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 11:36 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by Reenie287
Welcome.

Reading back through the discussion thread on these Thank You cards, I found this post which suggests that, sadly, your own cards will have expired.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 12:34 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
After re-qualifying Platinum status in August, I ordered my new SPG membership card and Elite Thank you certificate cards.

I just received the certificate cards and it expires December 31st, 2015! Seems I would have no cards to give out for next year's stays... Moving forward, hope SPG can give a 1 year validity from request date as it would be more useful that way.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 1:55 am

Originally Posted by lcpteck
After re-qualifying Platinum status in August, I ordered my new SPG membership card and Elite Thank you certificate cards.

I just received the certificate cards and it expires December 31st, 2015! Seems I would have no cards to give out for next year's stays... Moving forward, hope SPG can give a 1 year validity from request date as it would be more useful that way.
Same problem
Old Sep 23, 2015, 2:35 am

Programs: SPG - P; OW - EP
Same here
Old Sep 24, 2015, 12:42 pm

Programs: Trying my best to love Le Club Accor (Gold)
Wow thanks for the heads up.
Good thing i've hold on requesting the thank you cards after re-qualified last month. I've just requested for a new membership card and hopefully they will use the same graphic i choose from the designing page.

I still have 2 coupons left, i'm not sure if i would be able to give them all out before expiring...unfortunately most outstanding staffs i found are not from Starwood hotels..
Old Sep 25, 2015, 3:41 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, BonVoyLifetime Platinum, UA Platinum, President's Club,
Can we re-order them in the new year? I'm on my way to Hawaii & think I forgot mine. Last month I just sent the code via email to thank the wonderful woman who saved my stay, but those codes will be expired as of December.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 8:02 pm

Programs: Trying my best to love Le Club Accor (Gold)
tried to request another set of certs but they only allowed me to view & print the cards myself. no more physical cert

Expiry date 31 Dec 2016
Old Jan 4, 2016, 9:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Ver Jaina
tried to request another set of certs but they only allowed me to view & print the cards myself. no more physical cert

Expiry date 31 Dec 2016
Talk about being cheap.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 1:01 am

Originally Posted by Ver Jaina

Expiry date 31 Dec 2016
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Talk about being cheap.
I do not mind that as it is definitely greener and cheaper.
Just wished that it could be available via the app to show or as a JPG that I can email to a deserving staff instead of having to print it out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.