Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

[ENDED 30 June 2018] Elite "Thank You You've Made My Stay" certificates

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 3, 2015, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
The Elite Thank You program ended on December 31, 2017. You have until June 30, 2018, to award your Thank You certificates to SPG associates.

A great way to say thanks -

You expect and deserve outstanding service from SPG®. So when an associate goes above and beyond to make your stay, it’s nice to have a special way to express your thanks.

That’s what Elite Thank You certificates are all about. Print yours now to make the day of every deserving SPG associate who receives one.

Remember: All SPG associates and customer care agents are eligible to receive Elite Thank You certificates. Enjoy giving them — and we’ll keep looking for ways to earn them.

From T&C :"however, the certificates cannot be used as a form of bribery or fraud, nor may the certificates be sold in any manner"

Weblink : http://www.spg.com/elitethankyou

Frequently Asked Questions:

What is an Elite Thank You?
It's a certificate that an elite member can use to recognize a Starwood associate who provided outstanding service, whether in person or over the phone.

How do I get Elite Thank You certificates?
Please visit spg.com/elitethankyou to download and print your certificates.

Who is eligible to receive an Elite Thank You?
All Starwood associates in Customer Contact Centers or hotels that participate in the Starwood Preferred Guest® program are eligible, including but not limited to associates at the front desk, reservations line, concierge desk, bellhop service, restaurants, housekeeping, fitness centers, business centers and so forth. To give a certificate over the phone, just tell the associate you'd like to give him or her an Elite Thank You, then provide the unique code on the certificate.

Can I use an Elite Thank You certificate more than once?
No. Each Elite Thank You certificate has a unique code that can be used only once, so it can be given to only one person.

Can I give multiple Elite Thank You certificates to a single person?
Yes.

Can I get more Thank You certificates?
Members are eligible to request certificates when they renew or upgrade their elite status. No additional certificates can be requested.

How long are the Elite Thank You certificates valid?
Please see your certificates for the expiration date.
Print Wikipost

[ENDED 30 June 2018] Elite "Thank You You've Made My Stay" certificates

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2011, 1:41 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, Melia Platinum, SIXT Platinum, Accor Silver, Lufthansa FTL
Saying thank you to a hotel employee

I read somewhere on this forum, that Starwood handed out something like "thank you" cards to SPG members, that they could give to hotel employees who impressed them with their service attitude and that those hotel employees would somehow get a bonus after receiving a certain amount of such cards.

However I can't find the relevant thread. Can someone perhaps point me in the right direction?
Old Nov 10, 2011, 1:58 am

Originally Posted by SunshineStay
I read somewhere on this forum, that Starwood handed out something like "thank you" cards to SPG members, that they could give to hotel employees who impressed them with their service attitude and that those hotel employees would somehow get a bonus after receiving a certain amount of such cards.

However I can't find the relevant thread. Can someone perhaps point me in the right direction?
You get 4 platinum thank you cards along with your platinum package that is mailed out to you each year with your new card.

If you've lost/misplaced the cards you may be able to call and ask for 4 extra cards. Each card can be redeemed by the employee for 500 SPG points for their employee SPG membership. Employees usually earn points for misc things while working (employee promotions or signing up guests for an SPG account). It's a nice way to thank someone at the front desk. I'm not sure how useful the cards are to employees that do not work at the front desk. I've found emailing the property thanking the employee to be a good gesture or gift cards.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 2:17 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, Melia Platinum, SIXT Platinum, Accor Silver, Lufthansa FTL
Thanks. I sent out a mail to Starwood CC. Let's see what happens...
Old Nov 30, 2011, 1:54 pm

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Platinum Thank You Acknowledgement Codes

No this isn't a code where you can get free stuff or discounts so if that is what you were hoping for hit the back button.

Plats know what I'm talking about the 4 cards with codes on the back to acknowledge excellent customer service, whether at a hotel or over the phone.

I just gave my first away last night to a great phone agent. She was very surprised and shocked. She kept thanking me saying I don't know what to say. I asked if she knew what it was and she said yes I have heard of them but never gotten one. She really was excellent and this was well deserved. I admittedly keep this in my briefcase and have forgotten about them.

1. Have you given them out? (honest now, it is ok to have forgotten, let this be the reminder)

2. What does SPG / Starwood give to the employee for these?
Old Nov 30, 2011, 2:04 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by schley

500 points per card (I read this on an earlier thread). Apparently it's quite difficult for SPG employees to get starpoints, since they usually use starhot.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by yvr76
500 points per card (I read this on an earlier thread). Apparently it's quite difficult for SPG employees to get starpoints, since they usually use starhot.
It is difficult for employees in positions other than the front desk to earn points. Employees at the front desk have promotions where they can earn SPG points at work as well signing people up for SPG accounts.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium Marriott Platinum for life.
Originally Posted by schley
No this isn't a code where you can get free stuff or discounts so if that is what you were hoping for hit the back button.

Plats know what I'm talking about the 4 cards with codes on the back to acknowledge excellent customer service, whether at a hotel or over the phone.

I just gave my first away last night to a great phone agent. She was very surprised and shocked. She kept thanking me saying I don't know what to say. I asked if she knew what it was and she said yes I have heard of them but never gotten one. She really was excellent and this was well deserved. I admittedly keep this in my briefcase and have forgotten about them.

1. Have you given them out? (honest now, it is ok to have forgotten, let this be the reminder)

I came in contact with an spg employee so great, I gave her all four of mine.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 2:26 pm

Programs: SPG Plat US G Delta G
I have never gotten one of these cards to give out.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 2:29 pm

Programs: AA PLAT, Marriot Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by pyite
+1.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 3:16 pm

me neither. What are the criterias to get them? Mmm should ask my ambassador
Old Nov 30, 2011, 3:23 pm

Programs: spg gold, CO Platinum, MR Gold
Originally Posted by charder
me neither. What are the criterias to get them? Mmm should ask my ambassador
it should have come with your platinum kits that plats usually get
Old Nov 30, 2011, 3:50 pm

I gave out 3 cards during my recent trip to the US to great employees. all of them appreciated it very much. all of them knew what they are but never gotten one. next week i'll be in Vancouver, i'll make sure to give my last card to a good starwood employee.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by justspg
it should have come with your platinum kits that plats usually get
They can be easy to miss in your platinum kits. You can always ask for another set if you lost them or if you have given out yours already.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 10:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, CX DM, SQ Gold
Existing thread:

There is an existing thread on this.

I gave some out to people, usually in conjunction with a traditional tip, sometimes on their own - with mixed responses.

Some guys in SEA gave me these blank looks like they have no idea what this thing is for. I have the impression that "white collar" staff know what it is and appreciate it. "Blue collar" staff prefer just a cash tip and have no idea what to do with the PLAT thank you cert. I would love to track the certs I handed out and see if they were redeemed to confirm this impression.

In any case, I am just happy that I actually find people to give them to. I had some awesome customer service experiences at various properties.

I ran out of thank you certs halfway through the year so I asked and received a few more!

#warmandfuzzyfeelings

Last edited by forumpersona999; Nov 30, 2011 at 10:00 pm Reason: Fixed one of my obligatory typos
Old Dec 1, 2011, 2:14 am

Originally Posted by pyite
Just send a mail to the Platinum hotline and request that those cards be sent to you. Here's the reply that I got from Starwood after I requested the cards:

Dear Mr. SunshineStay,

Thank you for taking the time to visit SPG.com and your email concerning your Starwood Preferred Guest membership and missing Platinum Thank You cards. It is always a pleasure hearing from our elite Platinum members.

Per your inquiry, I have submitted your request to a supervisor who will have your Thank You cards sent out to you as soon as possible. Please allow up to eight weeks for International delivery.
Once those arrive I'm planning to give out mine soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.