Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Avianca Brazil Amigo Star Alliance Gold Status Match

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avianca Brazil Amigo Star Alliance Gold Status Match

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2015, 10:51 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Originally Posted by secondsoprano
Looks like you need a CPF (Brazilian social security number, more or less) to join Amigo.

Bother. A Star Alliance status match would REALLY help my next trip .... I have a 9 hour layover in Sao Paulo with no lounge access
I sympathize, in 2017 I'll be back down to no status, but I've found that spending $50 (that's the high standard, many are lower) on a lounge pass isn't that bad.

If it's 2-3 hours, I won't, but 3+...especially if it's afternoon/evening I will. I'll drink that $50 back quickly, but then just having some snacks, wifi and desks/tables to sit at is worth it for me.

The alternative is to have one of those high priced credit cards that has lounge access. I really loved the star alliance lounge at GRU, lots of food choices, drinks, wifi, beautiful décor. If you can buy a pass it's worth it. If you can't for some reason, there's another lounge next to it you probably can.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 9:09 am

Programs: A3 Gold, AY Silver
Does anyone have (positive) experience adding their O6 number at checkin for an LX flight? I've received a couple of reports where the system did not accept the number both at OLCI and at the checkin counter at the airport. Amigo shows up as an option in the drop-down menu, but the 10-digit number is not accepted. Even tried with "O6" in front.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 1:20 pm

I just got gold match from Turkish gold card as well after nearly 2 month. Same message that I have to fly 5th time then I will get physical card. Anyway, my turkish gold will be finished by 2018 by the time I will get re qualification again, so I do not think I will credit mile to amigo.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 10:52 am

Programs: OW Sapphire, Herz Gold, Regus Businessworld Gold
Someone has experience with using of earned Amigo miles within the Star Alliance?
Old Dec 13, 2015, 5:08 am

Programs: JJ OW Emerald, TK*G, O6*G, Smiles Diamond, IC Amb, Le Club Platinum, former LH SEN (miss it!)
Originally Posted by burito
Someone has experience with using of earned Amigo miles within the Star Alliance?
You must call them for anything other than O6 flights. As a Brazilian, I can speak with them in Portuguese and although I haven't issued any e-ticket using miles so far, I've made a few test calls and I would advise you there are not really prepared for more complex routes etc.

This of course can be good or bad depending on you.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 1:51 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Today I got bumped from a VA flight into an Air NZ flight unexpectedly.

I put in my Amigo number and was able to select premium seats for free (they are only $10, but still). But the best benefit is I am in the Air NZ lounge at MEL having breakfast. The ticket agent didn't think I could get into the lounge without a physical card, but they just have an unmanned BP scanner at the lounge and it happily lit up.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 5:11 am

Programs: OW Sapphire, Herz Gold, Regus Businessworld Gold
Originally Posted by AlexMC
You must call them for anything other than O6 flights. As a Brazilian, I can speak with them in Portuguese and although I haven't issued any e-ticket using miles so far, I've made a few test calls and I would advise you there are not really prepared for more complex routes etc.

This of course can be good or bad depending on you.
Thanks, exactly what I was afraid...
Old Dec 15, 2015, 9:05 pm

Programs: QF Gold (OW Sapphire), O6*G
From the Amigo FAQ page:

When will I receive my AMIGO card?
Your physical definitive AMIGO card is only sent you after reaching the Silver category of the loyalty program that you wish this category flying with Avianca or with an airline belonging to the Star Alliance network.

Poorly translated, but suggests card should be sent at Silver, so surely those of us who got a match should get cards soon? Anyone recieved one? My match was done a month or so back.

Or has anyone contacted them to ask if they will be sending a card out?
Old Dec 16, 2015, 8:03 am
m_l

Originally Posted by ajobbins
From the Amigo FAQ page:

When will I receive my AMIGO card?
Your physical definitive AMIGO card is only sent you after reaching the Silver category of the loyalty program that you wish this category flying with Avianca or with an airline belonging to the Star Alliance network.

Poorly translated, but suggests card should be sent at Silver, so surely those of us who got a match should get cards soon? Anyone recieved one? My match was done a month or so back.

Or has anyone contacted them to ask if they will be sending a card out?
We will see it. I've actually credited 5 flights to O6.
Normally the should sent the cards out - but have only read once on a brazilian? blog (http://passageirodeprimeira.com/conh...vianca-brasil/) about a received welcome package.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 4:46 am

Programs: JJ OW Emerald, TK*G, O6*G, Smiles Diamond, IC Amb, Le Club Platinum, former LH SEN (miss it!)
They sent the cards for Brazilian costumers as soon as they joined Star.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 5:18 am

Is the match still ongoing or did it already end ?
Old Dec 21, 2015, 8:02 am

It was supposed to run until the end of November, so it's theoretically over, but it won't hurt to send them an email and try anyway.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Finally after back & forth & so forth, GOLD today!!!
Old Dec 22, 2015, 5:24 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by want2fly4less
Is the match still ongoing or did it already end ?
They did terminate the program. Try Turkish Airlines if you didn't match with them already.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 5:27 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by m_l
We will see it. I've actually credited 5 flights to O6.
Normally the should sent the cards out - but have only read once on a brazilian? blog (http://passageirodeprimeira.com/conh...vianca-brasil/) about a received welcome package.
I speak Spanish so reading Portuguese is somewhat easy. The article didn't state whether or not he credited the 5 segments to O6 or they sent the card straight out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.