Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Avianca Brazil Amigo Star Alliance Gold Status Match

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avianca Brazil Amigo Star Alliance Gold Status Match

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2015, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
They did terminate the program. Try Turkish Airlines if you didn't match with them already.
There are unfortunately reports of Turkish changing their match promo to challenge (fly with them once within 4 months to extend for full year).
Old Dec 23, 2015, 3:24 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by klausa
There are unfortunately reports of Turkish changing their match promo to challenge (fly with them once within 4 months to extend for full year).
I know I've been fighting TK since August. They keep asking for account statements and in November they now ask for a copy of your passport. What's next? The serial number of your laptop maybe?

The only reason TK status is valuable is because I'm traveling with my family and need to guest them into the Istanbul CIP lounge. At least I have this Avianca status and another member of my family has Star Gold. We are 5 and theoretically we are one too many for lounge access for 2 Star Golds.
Old Dec 27, 2015, 4:23 pm

Programs: M&M FTL, A3 Gold, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Is anyone else also still waiting for his reply?
Old Dec 27, 2015, 11:38 pm

Programs: UA Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Valley_MUC
Is anyone else also still waiting for his reply?
I am. Hopefully will get something before my AC TATL flight next week.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 6:47 am

Programs: M&M FTL, A3 Gold, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Mict
I am. Hopefully will get something before my AC TATL flight next week.
I press thumbs
Old Dec 29, 2015, 8:18 am

Programs: UA Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Valley_MUC
I press thumbs
Just got matched from A3 Silver to O6 Gold ^^^

Now if I want to use my O6 card for lounge access etc but still credit my miles to A3, how do I go about that? Just put my O6 card at check in and change it before boarding at gate back to A3?
Old Dec 29, 2015, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Nice match...

Now if I want to use my O6 card for lounge access etc but still credit my miles to A3, how do I go about that? Just put my O6 card at check in and change it before boarding at gate back to A3?
No, it is bound to go wrong and miles to end up in wrong account. Just show your O6 card at the lounge and you will be fine. If no O6 card yet then print an account statement clearly showing your O6 status - should work also.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 1:34 pm

This is interesting, if you log in to your account and go to "Print Card" it says in English "You can use this card until you complete your fifth flight" but in Portuguese
"Você pode usar este cartão até receber o seu cartão definitivo." which roughly means that you can use this print-out before receiving your plastic card.'' Has ayone received their card without crediting 5 segments?
Old Jan 3, 2016, 2:58 am

Same here with my missus. Originally I got an email saying they had matched, but nothing changed on the account, then after about a month they said they had made an error and she got upgraded!

Only problem is we not have Star Alliance flights soon which will get her to A3 Gold. Now, need to figure out whether to get her up to A3 gold or move her accumulations to O6.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 6:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Does anyone know the correct format to insert the FF number so partner *A airlines will recognise the status on their systems?!
Old Jan 5, 2016, 6:41 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Originally Posted by Schwann
Does anyone know the correct format to insert the FF number so partner *A airlines will recognise the status on their systems?!
All the should need is the airline and the number.

O6 is the airline code for Avianca, which they may find helpful.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by CPMaverick
All the should need is the airline and the number.

O6 is the airline code for Avianca, which they may find helpful.
O6 is specifically for Avianca Brazil. AV is for the Colombian mainline.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Anyone having trouble seeing this register when put into a PNR?

I just booked a UA flight and used this for the first time. I can't tell if it's recognizing the *G (was matched to O6 Gold which I believe is *G). It doesn't list me at *G while it lists my gf as Premier Silver (UA)/*S to I would assume it would list *G next to my name if it recognized.

It does show that there will be $0 bag fee for the first checked bag for both passengers but again can't tell if that's just picking up my GF's UA Silver or my *G. Interested because her Silver is due to expire before the flight so want my *G in there for the free bag check.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 12:53 am

Originally Posted by Duke787
Anyone having trouble seeing this register when put into a PNR?

I just booked a UA flight and used this for the first time. I can't tell if it's recognizing the *G (was matched to O6 Gold which I believe is *G). It doesn't list me at *G while it lists my gf as Premier Silver (UA)/*S to I would assume it would list *G next to my name if it recognized.

It does show that there will be $0 bag fee for the first checked bag for both passengers but again can't tell if that's just picking up my GF's UA Silver or my *G. Interested because her Silver is due to expire before the flight so want my *G in there for the free bag check.
I think you are recognized as Star Gold. Call them just incase.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 12:45 pm

Has anyone received a physical membership card?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.