Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Avianca Brazil Amigo Star Alliance Gold Status Match

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avianca Brazil Amigo Star Alliance Gold Status Match

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2015, 3:32 pm

Programs: UA
has anyone sent in another *A membership card?

im currently gold with UA but will only make it to silver this year. might they match my status allowing me to keep the benefits of gold through 2016?
Old Nov 12, 2015, 3:55 pm

Copa might match your UA *G.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 9:01 pm

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
Just checked Matches t oDiamond Avianca Star Gold against LH Senator and Mileageplus 1K Valid til l2017 no email
Old Nov 15, 2015, 9:22 am

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Got my match finally. Took 40 days. Diamond for DL Diamond, good until 3/17
Old Nov 16, 2015, 12:10 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
After struggling with this since the promo started, I figured out that it won't accept a Japanese address to register a new Amigo account, seemingly because of the non-standard numbering format of addresses (no street names, so it's a district name plus multiple numbers separated by dashes). I put in my father's address in the US and finally it worked out. Hopefully they'll match me to Diamond as some have reported, but Gold will function equally well for me. It's just a swankier looking card, but it won't be used for anything more than lounge access on domestic United itineraries anyway.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dvs7310
After struggling with this since the promo started, I figured out that it won't accept a Japanese address to register a new Amigo account, seemingly because of the non-standard numbering format of addresses (no street names, so it's a district name plus multiple numbers separated by dashes). I put in my father's address in the US and finally it worked out. Hopefully they'll match me to Diamond as some have reported, but Gold will function equally well for me. It's just a swankier looking card, but it won't be used for anything more than lounge access on domestic United itineraries anyway.
That is a terrible attitude. I do hope you plan to accumulate mileage into the program.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
That is a terrible attitude. I do hope you plan to accumulate mileage into the program.
...so he will cost Avianca even more money?
Old Nov 17, 2015, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by klausa
...so he will cost Avianca even more money?
Yes, absolutely.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 7:26 am

Ba Gold matched to DIAMOND today. Took 40 days. My BA Gold status ended 10/2015 :-)

Last edited by thoshoe; Nov 17, 2015 at 7:37 am Reason: Wrong status end date
Old Nov 20, 2015, 5:00 am

Does anybody know if they will send out physical cards after statusmatches has gone through? Do you have to contact them and ask for one, or do they not send out anything until you have started to credit flights with the program?

Or even better, did anyone actually receive a physical card yet, resulting from a recent status match?

Snacky
Old Nov 20, 2015, 5:22 am

I have all but given up on hopes of contacting them regarding that without speaking fluent portuguese. I was matched on 15/10 and haven't received anything in the mail yet (Germany.)
Old Nov 20, 2015, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I have all but given up on hopes of contacting them regarding that without speaking fluent portuguese. I was matched on 15/10 and haven't received anything in the mail yet (Germany.)
I am not sure if you have to take at least one flight and credit the miles to the program before they dispatch the card. I am awaiting for a response and once I do, I will call them and verify.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
I am not sure if you have to take at least one flight and credit the miles to the program before they dispatch the card. I am awaiting for a response and once I do, I will call them and verify.
I've tried calling them, I've tried chatting with them but I couldn't get anywhere without portuguese. If you do get a response, I'd love to hear it.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 9:48 am

In the meantime I've started wondering how/if dangerous it would be to create a digital passbook card on my own. The *A elite card QR format is fairly obvious and I wouldn't technically be forging anything since I do genuinely hold the elite status, just don't have a physical card (yet?).

Thoughts?
Old Nov 21, 2015, 9:07 am

Programs: Marriott Ti CX SL SQ KFEG
I've tried calling them, I've tried chatting with them but I couldn't get anywhere without portuguese. If you do get a response, I'd love to hear it.
asked them when will I received the physical. Get response: We still do not have a date. But you can fly just your Amigo No.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.