Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Avianca Brazil Amigo Star Alliance Gold Status Match

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avianca Brazil Amigo Star Alliance Gold Status Match

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2016, 3:57 am

Programs: UA/*A: Silver, AZ/ST: Silver, AB/OW: Silver, HHonors: Diamond, Hyatt: Platinum
Did I get chipped?

I just read that someone matched their A3 Silver to get O6 Gold. If that's the case, I only was matched to O6 Silver. Is there anyway I could ask them to re-match to Gold?
Old Mar 15, 2016, 4:58 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by phansy
I just read that someone matched their A3 Silver to get O6 Gold. If that's the case, I only was matched to O6 Silver. Is there anyway I could ask them to re-match to Gold?
They probably matched him by accident. They probably wont understand yoyr issue if you contact them.
Old Mar 22, 2016, 7:01 am

Programs: Avianca Brazil Diamond, Etihad Gold, Southwest CC Pass, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
I was matched to Diamond way back when the promotion first came out. Still no physical card.

Also trying to add my Amigo number to an existing United award reservation is proving difficult. UA's twitter team could not do it. Guess I will have to call or hope it works during check in.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 6:21 pm

Programs: TudoAzul Diamante, Smiles Diamante, Latam Gold
Originally Posted by bgriz18
Also trying to add my Amigo number to an existing United award reservation is proving difficult. UA's twitter team could not do it. Guess I will have to call or hope it works during check in.
I had problems last October traveling Turkish Airlines trying to send the points to Avianca Amigo, they simply coundn't insert my Amigo number at their systems (probably because Avianca Brazil is new to StarAlliance). I tried to get the points 5 times requesting from phone and in their website without success. Got tired and sent the points to ConnectMiles.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 10:39 am

Programs: UA Plat
psbaj: looks like the problems go beyond Turkish. TAP told me to keep my boarding pass, as the request for mileage credit to Amigo would have to be done manually.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 2:19 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by psbaj
I had problems last October traveling Turkish Airlines trying to send the points to Avianca Amigo, they simply coundn't insert my Amigo number at their systems (probably because Avianca Brazil is new to StarAlliance). I tried to get the points 5 times requesting from phone and in their website without success. Got tired and sent the points to ConnectMiles.
Did they let you in to the Lounge at IST?
Old Apr 21, 2016, 6:59 am

Programs: Avianca Brazil Diamond, Etihad Gold, Southwest CC Pass, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Just an update on my experience. I just flew my UA award tickets to Australia and New Zealand. Tried to apply O6 code by calling in but UA agent said they don't allow that anymore, it defaulted to my UA number. Anyway had problems checking in online so I had to call again. Under my UA profile I had set O6 as my default frequent flyer after being matched. They had to reticket and the O6 code got applied to my tickets.

Had no problems accessing UA lounges and NZ lounges with the O6 number on my tickets. For some reason my O6 didn't apply to one of the segments on NZ between MEL-ZQN. But NZ let me use all the *G benefits by just showing them the printout. During bag drop they let me in the *G line, priority bag tags, and the express departures card for security. At the lounge I showed them a printout of my card and after them punching some numbers in they let me in.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 5:38 am

Originally Posted by bgriz18
Just an update on my experience. I just flew my UA award tickets to Australia and New Zealand. Tried to apply O6 code by calling in but UA agent said they don't allow that anymore, it defaulted to my UA number. Anyway had problems checking in online so I had to call again. Under my UA profile I had set O6 as my default frequent flyer after being matched. They had to reticket and the O6 code got applied to my tickets.

Had no problems accessing UA lounges and NZ lounges with the O6 number on my tickets. For some reason my O6 didn't apply to one of the segments on NZ between MEL-ZQN. But NZ let me use all the *G benefits by just showing them the printout. During bag drop they let me in the *G line, priority bag tags, and the express departures card for security. At the lounge I showed them a printout of my card and after them punching some numbers in they let me in.

Thank you very much fir your information,
I also have an award Flight with United miles flying with Asiana and Air Newzealand fromCAN-ICN-SYD-RAR-AKL-PVG-ICN-CAN in Economy for a total of 30k united miles in December.
I also asked to add my amigo gold number to the reservation, but was told twice by United and once by Asiana that this is not possible to change my united number to the amigo gold one
So hopefully i can use all of the benefits like enter to the gold lounges with Asiana and Air NZ, by showing my printout of the amigo card, because I am still one of thousands who havent received the plastic card.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 9:06 am

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
That is annoying that UA is blocking using a partner FF# on award tickets. I suspect at the airport you can get it switched; especially with partner airlines.

I flew on Air NZ via United miles, and was able to switch to O6 at the airport.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
I also got my card about a month ago. I emailed them as noted upthread. Never got a reply just got the card about 4 weeks later. Haven't used it since (though did use the printout before receiving the card at the UC @ EWR).

Will be bringing it with me to Europe this summer and will report if there are any issues.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by Duke787
I also got my card about a month ago. I emailed them as noted upthread. Never got a reply just got the card about 4 weeks later. Haven't used it since (though did use the printout before receiving the card at the UC @ EWR).

Will be bringing it with me to Europe this summer and will report if there are any issues.

Thank you all for your valued reply.
Happy travels
Old Oct 19, 2016, 11:28 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Has anyone had their high level status match expire? Curious if there is a soft landing. I wouldn't expect it, but figured to ask.
Old Oct 29, 2016, 5:26 am

Originally Posted by CPMaverick
Has anyone had their high level status match expire? Curious if there is a soft landing. I wouldn't expect it, but figured to ask.
Take a look here.

Snacky
Old Oct 29, 2016, 5:27 am

Moderator:

I suggest this thread to be closed/merged, as we have a similar thread in the Avianca forum.

Snacky
Old Dec 12, 2016, 5:34 pm

Programs: papa card, UA 1K
Hey, has anyone had success status matching to Amigo recently? - I emailed them a couple of months ago and no response - I'm trying to match my dad who is COPA platinum to AMIGO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.