Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Avianca Brazil Amigo Star Alliance Gold Status Match

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2015, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond

All you you need to do is to sign up for Amigo, scan/take a photo of your elite card with other program and email copy of it with your Amigo number to [email protected].
Old Oct 1, 2015, 3:30 pm

Just for intra-Brazil flights. not the international Avianca.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 6:06 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black

^^ unless you get matched to *gold
Old Oct 1, 2015, 6:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Good to know, they may shut it down before I ever have a need, but would be great in a year where I have a lot of domestic United flights that are not international connections.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 1:13 am

Programs: M&M HON***
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
All you you need to do is to sign up for Amigo, scan/take a photo of your elite card with other program and email copy of it with your Amigo number to [email protected].
Please help me understand the benefits of such a status match - does a Star Alliance gold member, e.g. UA 1k, LH SEN, not receive star gold benefits on all Avianca Brazil flights anyway?
Old Oct 2, 2015, 1:48 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by gru_muc

Please help me understand the benefits of such a status match - does a Star Alliance gold member, e.g. UA 1k, LH SEN, not receive star gold benefits on all Avianca Brazil flights anyway?
Benefit would be the other way. UA *G member without a Club membership can use it on purely domestic itineraries. I'm sure that's not their intended purpose but is probably the only good reason for matching another *G card.

Benefits for OW, ST elites are more clear, and sounds it's fairly liberal so maybe even something otherwise of limited use like Emirates gold equivalent could get away with a match.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gru_muc
To grow their member base.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 6:16 am

Programs: EBD (*A gold), IHG Plat. Amb., HH Gold, Freccia Alata Plus, Air Berlin Gold...
Has anybody got a successful status match with this deal yet?
Heard som trouble with CFP code but that could be generated if I am correctly informed.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 7:03 pm

Any success report yet?

Any success report yet?
Old Oct 11, 2015, 7:18 pm

Looks like you need a CPF (Brazilian social security number, more or less) to join Amigo.

Bother. A Star Alliance status match would REALLY help my next trip .... I have a 9 hour layover in Sao Paulo with no lounge access
Old Oct 11, 2015, 7:29 pm

Update - select non-Brasilian nationality and it doesn't require CPF. I have an Amigo number ... let's see if I also get a status match.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 2:58 pm

What does "screen name ever hesitant" mean? I know it is an error message but have no idea how to eliminate it. And how does one correct it? I cannot create an AMIGO account because of this. Someone please help. Thanks!
Old Oct 12, 2015, 5:45 pm

Programs: Avianca Brazil Diamond, Etihad Gold, Southwest CC Pass, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by LiliasPastia
What does "screen name ever hesitant" mean? I know it is an error message but have no idea how to eliminate it. And how does one correct it? I cannot create an AMIGO account because of this. Someone please help. Thanks!
I kept getting that too. Try getting to the page differently (change language in top right, translate page, don't translate page). Eventually I tried on a different computer but I am not sure what actual fixed the problem.

Hopefully my status match is granted.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by secondsoprano
Update - select non-Brasilian nationality and it doesn't require CPF. I have an Amigo number ... let's see if I also get a status match.
How do you do that? I took off the check mark and it still requires a CPF. Interesting, created 2 accounts. I used the google populate facility and it all worked out. Got my card number and fired off an email to the address with a note in English & Portuguese.

Last edited by djjaguar64; Oct 14, 2015 at 7:30 am
Old Oct 14, 2015, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by bgriz18
I kept getting that too. Try getting to the page differently (change language in top right, translate page, don't translate page). Eventually I tried on a different computer but I am not sure what actual fixed the problem.

Hopefully my status match is granted.
I have translated the page into both Spanish and Portugese as you've suggested. It still will not create an account for me. The "Screen Name ever hesitate" message translates roughly into "This screen name already exists"...which leads me to believe I already have an account maybe??? But why no email telling me so and giving me the account number? When I sent an email to them (filling in my email address that I used to try an open the account) I get "that information is not in our database" which makes me believe I definitely have no account. How did you actually get around this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.