Community
Wiki Posts
Search

list of WN website bugs/issues

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2011, 1:41 am

Originally Posted by laxabq
Unfortunately, don't expect it to get better anytime soon. Stock price is at
an all time low and we are entering the slow fall season.
It's pretty low at $7.88 right now, but the all-time low is $5.13 in March, 2009.
Old Aug 20, 2011, 9:26 am

Programs: Former 1k, Lifetime UA Gold, Starwood Gold; Avis Preferred; Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by boeing727
Just tried to change dates on an upcoming Business Select flight. Got the infanous "OOPS" message. Called the 888 number to change over the phone and the price was higher than what the website indicated. Finally had to go online and book a one-way ticket and then cancel the other ticket and use the TTF funds to book the return. You can do the math on how long all this took.
Having EXACTLY the same problem now...on hold for 10 mins and counting. Unreal.

Reservation agent tells me that this happens when you have the early bird seating.
Old Aug 20, 2011, 8:33 pm

Programs: UA GS & Marriott Titanium
Flight hasn't posted to RR. No help from CSRs.

Hi all.

I flew a same-day round trip HOU-DAL earlier this month and only one of the segments posted to RR. I submitted the missing credit through the website link about 2 weeks ago to no avail. Subsequently called the airline on Friday 8/12. After lengthy holds, CSR said it would post in 2 business days. No post. Called again yesterday 8/19 and CSR said she didn't know why it hadn't posted but that I should send an email through the website and hopefully that would do it. I've now done that and I received an email back that I could expect a response within 30 days! Very frustrating. This flight credit will put me over into A-list. Any thoughts on how I can get this resolved? I'm very annoyed that this is such a difficult thing to complete. They've charged me for the ticket and credited one side (the return no less!) but can't figure out how to get the outbound done.

Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 21, 2011, 9:49 am
Original Member

I've had similiar problems...missing RR credits, flights missing from showing up in MyTravel section, wrong start times listed. I've submitted for missing credits on the website , called WN agents and they tried to credit, sent WN customer relations email per website. Still don't have RR credit for flight!

Very, very frustrating to have so many problems with their website.
Old Aug 21, 2011, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by DCEsquire
Having EXACTLY the same problem now...on hold for 10 mins and counting. Unreal.

Reservation agent tells me that this happens when you have the early bird seating.
Just curious: why would you have early bird with a BS fare?
Old Aug 22, 2011, 12:30 am
Moderator, Southwest Airlines and Choice Privileges

TAs (Transitional Awards, i.e. those being issued via conversion of points to credits to top off a partially earned SA) are being shorted a day of validity compared to true SAs. There is no way for us to know whether that is a bug or by design, but I've now seen it twice on TAs issued to relatives. Example: a TA issued mid-afternoon on 21-Aug-2011 is set to expire 20-Aug-2012 instead of 21-Aug-2012.

Although I can't be 100% certain, I think that PAs (Promotional Awards, i.e. Awards granted post-transition via methods other than points conversions), at least back in April, did not have this short one day problem.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by ftnoob
TAs (Transitional Awards, i.e. those being issued via conversion of points to credits to top off a partially earned SA) are being shorted a day of validity compared to true SAs. There is no way for us to know whether that is a bug or by design, but I've now seen it twice on TAs issued to relatives. Example: a TA issued mid-afternoon on 21-Aug-2011 is set to expire 20-Aug-2012 instead of 21-Aug-2012.

Although I can't be 100% certain, I think that PAs (Promotional Awards, i.e. Awards granted post-transition via methods other than points conversions), at least back in April, did not have this short one day problem.
i'd guess it might have to do with next year being a leap year. the system might be set up to give the award ticket so many days of validity, and next year having an extra day is throwing things off. just a guess though.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 2:21 pm

I considered that, but I don't think it is true because a) I don't think the April PAs were shorted a day (have to cancel a booking or phone to confirm, though); and b) SAs extended on 28-Feb-2011 were reissued with 29-Feb-2012 expiry dates.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 9:41 am

SA/PA Change Itinerary difference

Going through the change itinerary process it is possible to see the expiry date for a SA:
That's helpful! ^

...even though the info is also available on the Award list page:
Going through the change itinerary process it is not possible to see the expiry date for a PA:
That's infuriating, because PAs that are booked for travel are not shown at all on the Award list page, so you would have to cancel or phone to find out the expiry date!
Old Aug 25, 2011, 1:10 pm

And they still haven't fixed it ...

It's been how many months now, and the WN website still displays the arrival time at your first stop when you connect to another flight.

The trip below is SLC-SJC, and it appears to take only 1 hour and 20 minutes (given the time difference). I only wish they did have non-stops between SLC and SJC.

But of course, the actual flight goes via LAS, where we connect to a flight arriving at SJC at 6:50pm local time. But the good people at WN seem to think it is helpful to display the arrival time in LAS, rather than in SJC.

Geez ... what are the IT guys working on if they're not fixing things as egregiously wrong as this?
Old Aug 25, 2011, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Kayrjay
It's been how many months now, and the WN website still displays the arrival time at your first stop when you connect to another flight.

The trip below is SLC-SJC, and it appears to take only 1 hour and 20 minutes (given the time difference). I only wish they did have non-stops between SLC and SJC.

But of course, the actual flight goes via LAS, where we connect to a flight arriving at SJC at 6:50pm local time. But the good people at WN seem to think it is helpful to display the arrival time in LAS, rather than in SJC.

Geez ... what are the IT guys working on if they're not fixing things as egregiously wrong as this?
One time I checked upcoming flights and the times were stated in Central Time -- even though neither PHX nor SEA are in the Central Time Zone. I did note that the problem was fixed the next day.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 2:41 pm

Yeah, but that's not it. We arrive in SJC at 6:50pm. The Central time thing can't be the issue. We leave SLC in Mountain time (and that departure time is correct), and arrive in Pacific time.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 9:44 pm

Programs: WN CP
Originally Posted by curbcrusher
Twice in about as many weeks now I've cancelled tickets with partial or total refundability, and the funds were held for future use despite clicking the "Request a refund of the refundable balance" radio button.
Still not fixed as of this evening.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 12:18 pm

I've cancelled tickets with partial or total refundability, and the funds were held for future use despite clicking the "Request a refund of the refundable balance" radio button.
Still not fixed as of this evening.
Searching RR Visa transactions online finds 11 SWA credit transactions from 23-May through 19-Aug. My spreadsheet isn't up to date so I don't know whether we received every credit that should have posted. Are you seeing this problem all the time or just now and then?

In looking at the confirmation Emails trying to match things up, however, I see some major new problems. I'll describe those in a separate post.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 12:50 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
About 10% of my online refund requests fail. About 30% of my phone refund requests fail. This has not changed noticeably in 10 years. I have a separate worksheet to track these.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.