Community
Wiki Posts
Search

list of WN website bugs/issues

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2012, 5:09 pm
Moderator, Southwest Airlines and Choice Privileges

Originally Posted by nsx
The website has been functioning normally, which is unusual during a sale.
That is good news...but this sale is much, much smaller than the big system-wide sales that have crashed the site. I suspect the limited nature of the sale, rather than any system enhancement, is the reason the site hasn't broken (yet).
Old Jun 12, 2012, 5:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ftnoob
That is good news...but this sale is much, much smaller than the big system-wide sales that have crashed the site. I suspect the limited nature of the sale, rather than any system enhancement, is the reason the site hasn't broken (yet).
But things seem to have surely slowed down, though. Have a trip to PHX in October with the wife and the fares just went down (it's a Fri/Sun trip, so the fare dropped for some other reason than the sale). Cancelled CP 18 minutes ago but I still can't refare the CPH ticket because some database thinks a CP reservation still exists.

Suckage.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 7:58 pm
Original Poster

Well, I've finally gotten the hint not to book RT fares ever again. I booked a AUS -> PHX RT with a CP. The *outbound* fare has gone down but the inbound fare has gone up. 2.5 hours after cancelling the CP ticket in order to refare the CPH ticket (and I got the email confirming the cancellation), the system is still behind and won't let me make changes to the CPH itinerary.

So, I called up Customer Relations in Dallas. I was first told that, yes, they could make changes to the CPH ticket and I would still be able to make changes on-line. I said, sorry, it's never worked that way. So she put me on hold and confirmed with IT that she was wrong and I was right. She then said that IT also told her that there is a *FOUR-HOUR* delay when processing cancellations. Well, there might be one right now, but this is usually not the case. It usually only takes 5-10 minutes for all the systems to sync.

<sigh> WN fail today. </sigh>
Old Jun 12, 2012, 10:22 pm

Programs: AA Gold; WN A-List Pref., CP; Marriott Plat.
Originally Posted by bon95
I've been wondering when this would come up on FT!!

About a month ago I had this same thing happen to me and I knew I clicked "refund." I did some investigating and since RR2 I found 36 non-refunded $2.50 and $5 award travel transactions that I had previously canceled and clicked refund.

I called Customer Relations and a lady had me email her all the Confirmation Numbers. A few days later all the refunds came through my CC account and I got a phone call from the same lady explaining that she will pass along my concerns about the problem, but that she highly doubted it was WN doing it intentionally.

Talk about fraud. I wonder how much money WN will make from people not reconciling their credit card charges. And without even having to fly them anywhere!!!
I've had similar problems but only contacted CS on full fares that were never probably credited back to the CC. This is a class action waiting to happen. Amazing that IT still doesn't have its act together.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 10:25 pm

Programs: Hilton-lifetime diamond, Southwest A+, companion pass
I booked 21 trips under the sale fare. And, I changed 5. The system was a lot better than in the past, but I still suffered from:

"oops" = 2 times

system stalled for > 2 minutes = 3 times

the damn WN timeout 6 times.... = SIX TIMES, WHILE I WAS TRYING TO GIVE THEM MONEY!!

I also observed that the delay between booking a master pass and the ability to book a companion pass is ~ 15 minutes.

I experienced an error code I had never seen before: "Invalid session state". Fortunately, by clicking the back browser, I was OK.

I also rebooked a flight and saw an adjustment in the fare billing called "Southwest Fare Protection." It was only $2, but it saved having to pay this additional fare for the new booking date and time. I have never heard of "fare protection."

Right now, I am in my second hour of waiting for a changed booking to reflect in my trips list....so that I can add back the companion. If I click on the trip, the updated date and time are reflected. But, the "add companion" is not available on the master listing. Please...our lady of scheduled airlines...don't make me have to **call** to get this companion reservation.

My dream---->

That the WN booking engine would allow me to rebook master and companion reservations together, without the *cancel* *rebook* *add companion* hassle.

Oh...and for GOD'S sake, eliminate the timeout. NOW!

I never have timeout problems with hilton.com, dollar.com, marriot.com etc.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 10:34 pm

Looks like the system is down now.

Only error messages.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 10:40 pm

Programs: WN Companion Pass, former HP Gold and AA Gold
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by dlaue
Looks like the system is down now.

Only error messages.
Same here.

Nearly a 18 months later, the site still has significant problems. How many tens of millions of $$$ have these IT problems cost Southwest?
Old Jun 12, 2012, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by Tim in Hollywood
Same here.

Nearly a 18 months later, the site still has significant problems. How many tens of millions of $$$ have these IT problems cost Southwest?
No enough to alert the board of directors.

Old Jun 12, 2012, 10:56 pm
Original Poster

dlaue, check out the following thread for a link that will allow to book a companion pass immediately once the CPH reservation has been made:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south...ival-odds.html
Old Jun 12, 2012, 11:00 pm

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Tim in Hollywood
Same here.

The question I have is how many hundreds of dollars have they spent to fix them.

The CP issue is particularly infuriating as my companion flies with me on EVERY flight. Rebooking is a royal total PITA. A simple, "A companion is linked to this reservation Do you want to rebook the CP at the same time for the identical itinerary or do you want to cancel the CP reservation?" Really, how hard could that be? Not only that, if I have already called CS to manually link the CP and the primary resevation, I need to call and do this again. As a COS CP the reservation has to be linked manually by CS somewhere. Oh, not the one you call. The one they call when you call and put you on hold while the one you call has the one they call link the two reservations just so a "Seat Reserved" card falls out of the printer at the airport when the BP does. I also have to do this at the airport as a COS can not check in on line. Why do I go to this trouble? An open middle on every flight is sweet, very sweet indeed. I just get old women and ugly men in my aisle seat recently, though. I did get a 30ish PHD (molecular organic chemistry) Roller Derby (PH Diva was her Roller Derby Name) participant one time. Drank straight vodka and was very athletic. She probably could have killed me with her bare hands if there was not a handy wall in which to slam me. That was a very interesting conversation.

Last edited by InkUnderNails; Jun 12, 2012 at 11:11 pm
Old Jun 12, 2012, 11:00 pm

Oops!

An error has occurred. Please visit southwest.com or southwest.com booking for more help.
If this issue persists, please call 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792).
Reference code: 999999999
Old Jun 12, 2012, 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by texashoser
dlaue, check out the following thread for a link that will allow to book a companion pass immediately once the CPH reservation has been made:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south...ival-odds.html
Thanks! That worked.

What a sorry state of information technology affairs we have in Dallas.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by ursine1
Oops!

An error has occurred. Please visit southwest.com or southwest.com booking for more help.
If this issue persists, please call 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792).
Reference code: 999999999
No! No! No!

The error code "999999999" is mine ALONE!

I am ashamed that they have also shared it with you.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 11:18 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by dlaue
I experienced an error code I had never seen before: "Invalid session state". Fortunately, by clicking the back browser, I was OK.
I get that one all the time when I am using multiple browser tabs: one to cancel higher-fare reservations and one to book lower-fare reservations. The website gets offended when you try to multitask in response to its slowness.

You can use two different browser programs to avoid this problem, but it doesn't happen often enough to bother me.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 12:16 pm
Moderator, Southwest Airlines and Choice Privileges

The recently acquired double page load (or draw) is incredibly irksome. Load home page, enter login info through about half of password, page redraws and entered information is erased. Similar situation with entering a flight search instead of login. I should get in the habit of brewing a cup of tea while the bloated site works on getting ready to accept keystrokes.

Browser is Chrome on Windows.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.