Wiki Posts
Search

list of WN website bugs/issues

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2011, 3:21 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by kennycrudup
... and I see the "Central TIme Bug" is still there, after several days. Whiskey-Tango-Foxtrot, WN?
Today I tried to cancel a flight more than an hour before departure. The website apparently looked at Central time rather than Pacific and thought the flight was in the past. So I had to phone to cancel.

Oops! The confirmation number entered is for a travel date in the past and cannot be retrieved online.
If their operations side were this lame, Southwest's safety record would be the worst rather than the best. At least that side still works, and that's much more important.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 7:29 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Originally Posted by nsx
If their operations side were this lame, Southwest's safety record would be the worst rather than the best. At least that side still works, and that's much more important.
I call that 'the glass is 1/4 full'.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 2:22 am

Originally Posted by auggie doggie
Agreed. When I see the "Oops!"...especially on the SWABIZ site, I think "how freakin juvenile."
+1 here! It just irks me somehow to see OOPS!!, like the web-site is calling me an idiot or something....

I think WN should just re-name the whole IT Dept the OOPS!! Dept. Have a big sign on their door that says OOPS!! The official work uniform would be a white t-shirt with big red OOPS!! on the front and back. They could add a theme plane to the livery that just says OOPS!! down the side. Create a special annual award called the OOPS!! Award. Give it to the employee or department responsible for the biggest screw up of the year. I'd nominate either the guy who dreamed up RR 2.0, or the IT department in general as the first recipients. This could be fun!
Old Aug 12, 2011, 10:19 am
Moderator, Southwest Airlines and Choice Privileges

Nice work, sctn8gp! That's one of the funniest posts I've read in a long time! ^
Old Aug 12, 2011, 12:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Just got one of the "Your trip is right around the corner" emails and noticed that the subject line has my wife's name instead of mine. I scrolled down and see that I am listed as the passenger, which is correct.

How they somehow pulled my CP's first name instead of mine is a true testament to how messed up this IT department is. I build dozens of applications a year for large government customers and I would be long out of business if this is the work I put out. I was actually understanding at first when the new website rolled out because I am always in their shoes and things can be rocky at first with an application. However, 5 months in is a complete joke and I am starting to think that no one in this department is a real developer. I would personally quit if I was on this team and no one thought we could do better than this.

I also had an issue last week where depending on which part of the website you went to, there were 3 completely different flight times listed. Flight 104 SAN - HOU on 8/6 was showing a departure time of 4:45 if you tried to make a new booking. My southwest travel list shows 6:45 and when I click to see the details of the flight from this page it showed 4:30. I have screen shots if anyone is interested. This is completely unacceptable for an airline company of this size.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 2:55 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by sctn8gp
Create a special annual award called the OOPS!! Award. Give it to the employee or department responsible for the biggest screw up of the year
"... and the recipient of the 2011 Oopsie goes to ... <drumroll> ... Jonathan Doe!"
Old Aug 13, 2011, 1:41 pm

Incorrect sorting of points-based fares

Sorting WGA fares by points gives truly bizarre results.

Example: Available WGA fares are 8,160, 10,320, 12,060, 13,620 points, most with multiple options. Sorting by points gives these results:
Code:
The order is exactly reversed if you click again to sort in the opposite direction.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 10:16 pm

These Southwest IT Guys are CREATIVE!

So, how do they do it? Every day it seems some other screwed-up aspect of the Southwest website comes to light. Today's example ...

My wife is flying from SLC to SJC tomorrow. On the right side, her flight leaves at 2:15, arrives at 5:00pm. That's not right ... it leaves at 1:15, not 2:15, and just does a quick stop in Reno. On the "Upcoming Travel" display, it also shows the same incorrect arrival time.

BUT, if I click the trip itself, the proper arrival time of 3pm is shown.

How do they do the things they do?!

Last edited by Kayrjay; Aug 14, 2011 at 4:18 pm
Old Aug 16, 2011, 7:21 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Southwest A-list Preferred, Delta Million Miler
Just tried to change dates on an upcoming Business Select flight. Got the infanous "OOPS" message. Called the 888 number to change over the phone and the price was higher than what the website indicated. Finally had to go online and book a one-way ticket and then cancel the other ticket and use the TTF funds to book the return. You can do the math on how long all this took.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 9:38 am

Yesterday evening I went online to change a reservation. However when I picked my new (more expensive) destination, the system was not applying the TTF ($135) from my old reservation. I canceled the original reservation and tried applying the TTF on a new booking and got the standard "We're sorry, we were unable to retrieve your funds from the information provided" error. It seems to have lost record of me paying for the ticket.

I called in and while CSR could see my now-canceled reservation, she could "not find the funds." She put me on hold for a while to talk to her supervisor. When she came back she told me the supervisor couldn't figure it out either and would research and call me back. Haven't heard anything as of this morning.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 1:21 am

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
A friend recently missed her flight due to the malfunctioning time zone issue. She unfortunately believed the WN website showing a 1355 departure time when in fact it really departed at 1155 MST in PHX. What airline posts departure and arrival times based on the location of their main office? Even if that was the intent, the site should make clear that all times are CDT. There is now a new trap to watch out for.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 1:38 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by Tanic
Even if that was the intent, the site should make clear that all times are CDT. There is now a new trap to watch out for.
It's not the intent. It's a bug. And it's shameful that the bug has persisted for such a long time. As someone posted, if this bug were directly costing Southwest money it would have been fixed pronto.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 12:49 pm

Just following up on my issue. Finally was resolved on my third call (never heard back from the first, disconnected w/ no call back even though they had my number on the second). The website somehow lost the TTF from the reservation.

The (third) CSR and supervisor could see the history and that I paid for the reservation, but ended up having to go through hoops to get special permission to credit my new reservation the amount my TTF should have been.

2 hours on the phone, mostly on hold, spread over 3 days to finally get this resolved.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 11:14 pm

One would think that for as long as SWA's website has been as badly screwed up as it is, nothing would be surprising. Yet I'm still amazed at how screwed up the confirm you want to cancel an Award booking page is:
Green indicates things SWA got right, red indicates things they got wrong.

No, this flight was not booked with points, it was booked with an Award.

No, the Award did not come from Mrs. ftnoob's account, it came from ftnoob's account. (BTW, at least it ended up back in the correct account.)

The purchaser is correct because the $2.50 was charged to Mrs. ftnoob's RR Visa. Somehow the website concluded that the Award (which it thinks might actually be points) therefore also must have belonged to Mrs. ftnoob.
Old Aug 20, 2011, 12:38 am

Unfortunately, don't expect it to get better anytime soon. Stock price is at
an all time low and we are entering the slow fall season.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.