Community
Wiki Posts
Search

list of WN website bugs/issues

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2011, 3:10 am

Programs: Hilton-lifetime diamond, Southwest A+, companion pass
Originally Posted by nsx
About 10% of my online refund requests fail. About 30% of my phone refund requests fail. This has not changed noticeably in 10 years. I have a separate worksheet to track these.

Have you ever had them refund your funds twice?

Didn't think so.

All system errors seem to vector in the same direction.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 9:07 pm

Programs: SW A-list, UA, US, AA, Choice Gold
Can't print boarding pass or security document

Last week I had to make a reservation with about 48 hours notice. I'm A+, so BS was a better value.

About 5 hours before the flight, I logged on to print my boarding pass. System told me it had already given out all the available boarding passes, but I could get a security document.

Well, that seems like a dumb policy to me, because a boarding pass has already been allocated, but it's not necessarily a software bug. Maybe they just think BS-ers are likely to be no-shows.

But this is a software bug: when I tried to get the security document, the web site just kept redisplaying the "you can get a security document" box. So in the end I couldn't get either.

(I eventually got a security document from a kiosk & a boarding pass from a gate agent, but it didn't seem like one of WN's better days.)
Old Sep 9, 2011, 10:12 am

Programs: Southwest A-list, CP. Hyatt Diamond. LuggageWorks Stealth 22"
Thumbs down still as messed up as day one

after all these months, it's shocking things are still as bad as day one. it's fortunate I haven't had to travel much. yesterday, I had to search out the March thread about the workaround to make a CP reservation.

then I discovered the "new" procedure/bug that you can't change a reservation w/ a CP; after cancelling my CP reservation, it then still didn't allow me to change my own reservation. I ended up having to rebook both.

I really believe there are fundamental code flaws (not issues, flaws) that cannot be fixed. I hope behind the scenes, SW is trying to recover with a "do-over" rather than try to fix thing.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 9:42 am

Trying to use the Alamo Triple Points offer in the Rapid Rewards report I received today. I clicked the link from the email, input my dates, and received the following error: Oops! There was an error with the car company search. Please try again. (SW100286)

Coupon invalid
Old Sep 24, 2011, 6:07 pm

Check availability of a classic reward trip.

Decide you would rather buy a ticket instead.

Try to book a **paid** ticket. You cannot get to a screen which will do this.

Log out.

Try to book a **paid** ticket. "Woops" error on every booking screen.

Close IE8 browser page and reopen to fresh WN homepage.

ONLY THEN can you buy a ticket.

By then, I did not want to.
Old Sep 24, 2011, 9:59 pm

[QUOTE=Kayrjay;16993956]It's been how many months now, and the WN website still displays the arrival time at your first stop when you connect to another flight.

etc..QUOTE]

Oh my God Kayrjay - the last two trips I was so confused how I got our arrival times totally wrong - I set the car return time wrong, told my family the wrong arrival time, I felt like I must have been taking crazy pills. THIS as you document is exactly why I got those times wrong, and now I know why. I should take Southwest to court for how screwed up a couple of these trips have gotten because of this bug. WHAT A JOKE!
Old Sep 25, 2011, 5:16 am

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ajlmus
after all these months, it's shocking things are still as bad as day one. it's fortunate I haven't had to travel much. yesterday, I had to search out the March thread about the workaround to make a CP reservation.

then I discovered the "new" procedure/bug that you can't change a reservation w/ a CP; after cancelling my CP reservation, it then still didn't allow me to change my own reservation. I ended up having to rebook both.

I really believe there are fundamental code flaws (not issues, flaws) that cannot be fixed. I hope behind the scenes, SW is trying to recover with a "do-over" rather than try to fix thing.
The CP thing is a huge irritant. You can check availability by logging off and seeing if there are seat but that is a pain.

Since I am A+, I just programmed the A+ number into my phone and let them handle it. I know, should not have to do this, but it works. The regular CS can do this as well but your wait time may be longer.

I am hoping that by wasting the CS agents time they can complain and get something done over at IT.

Yeah, that was funny, wasn't it?

WN really, really needs a Skunkworks.

Last edited by InkUnderNails; Sep 25, 2011 at 6:02 am
Old Sep 25, 2011, 10:12 am

Here's another bug not sure anyone has seen. It appears to only happen with Firefox.... while reviewing available flights after hitting the book button, if you try to change the arrival or destination airport in the top form fields, it doesn't recognize names of airports (i.e., it almost just becomes a text field with no javascript attached to it). So, it basically renders those fields useless and you need to go back one page to re-enter the airports (and of course the dates, since it usually doesn't stick). Anyone see this?
Old Sep 25, 2011, 4:16 pm

Here's something that has actually IMPROVED in WN's technology morass:

the new Ding calendar shows which dates have ding fares available. +1 for WN!

However, the latest Ding fares are one way only, so not worth messing around with. -1 for WN.

Net = 0
Old Sep 28, 2011, 12:10 pm

Click on "My Travel"

Click on "Show companion pass reservation"

Up comes a list of all future travel.

However,

The date for the next trip is ambiguous:

The date at the far left with the red box is correct (Sept 29)

The date that follows is wrong ("9/27/11 - Sacramento")

Thought I had booked on an incorrect date, but the paperworks shows otherwise.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 2:53 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
That is the case with all reservations. The ("9/27/11 - Sacramento") is the name you gave to the trip ( you probably originally booked the trip for the 27th and then changed it to the 29th without changing the name ). You can change that name.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by lougord99
That is the case with all reservations. The ("9/27/11 - Sacramento") is the name you gave to the trip ( you probably originally booked the trip for the 27th and then changed it to the 29th without changing the name ). You can change that name.
Thanks. I think that is correct.

My error.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 7:21 am

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
I got a new to me error message:

http://6g6.eu/sih-untitled-1-copy

I got this message anytime I tried to book a flight. Nothing I tried would stop the message short of logging out and then logging in again.

Last edited by lougord99; Sep 29, 2011 at 7:27 am
Old Sep 30, 2011, 10:03 am

Trying to book from BWI today results in the error message "Invalid route with departure airport" instead of pulling up the arrival airport.

Old Sep 30, 2011, 11:04 am

Programs: MR Gold
Originally Posted by ursine1
Trying to book from BWI today results in the error message "Invalid route with departure airport" instead of pulling up the arrival airport.
I can confirm this. Any flights ex-BWI, one-way or R/T, are showing that error message.

Just spoke with SWA reservations and they're aware of the glitch affecting online reservations for ex-BWI flights, no estimated time to resolution but should be shortly.

Last edited by PSUMarkDC; Sep 30, 2011 at 11:15 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.