Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2019, 2:12 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Sixt Platinum, HHons Diamond
TLS
Platinum
Booked BMW 4 Series Gran Coupe Automatic
Allocated BMW 530D Saloon
Received BMW 530D Saloon

A lovely 5 series with all the options including autonomous driving etc and only 1200km on the clock, was also offered Lexus RX, Landrover Discovery and VW Toureg at the desk but I decided to stick to a saloon and this was the best one they had. Didn't see any 7 series or S Class on the lot or in the compound.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 2:51 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, BA Executive Club, LH Miles & More, Air Asia BigShot, Les Collectioneurs
Osnabruck
reservation; IDMR - Opel Insignia is Peugeot 508 (would really wanted the latter! ) Paid extra for the diesel option.
recieved: IWMR VW Passat station. 3 months old and 3k on the odometer.

asked if they had other options, but only for an additional fee or Petrol.

car was decently equipped with adaptive cruise control, lane departure warning and 7 speed DSG. Airplay is always a winner.
2.0L 150PK TDI felt slow compared to the TDIs in have owned previously.
Old Dec 19, 2019, 4:12 am

Programs: AY platinum, SIXT platinum, IHG platinum
TXL
Platinum
Booked FDAR (BMW 3-series or similar)
Received LDAR BMW 530e plug-in hybrid without the plug and with empty battery. Nicely equipped, but the hybrid drivetrain was a disappointment.

GOT
Platinum
Booked CDAR (Mercedes A-class or similar)
Received FWAR Mercedes C220Td 4matic - very nice to drive, very good equipment less the keyless entry.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 3:57 pm

Programs: Miles&More/Iberia plus
Any experiences at Innsbruck airport?

My new BMW came with a SIXT diamond card.

I made a booking for my skiing holidays in two weeks.

Booked a BMW X1 or equivalent (SDMR)

I wonder if this diamond card will have any effect ☺️
Old Jan 13, 2020, 3:43 am

Originally Posted by csb001

In theory a Diamond Card entitles you to a double upgrade, subject to availability. At Innsbruck there are three SUV classes above what you have booked, so there is a good chance you might get an upgrade. Do remember to ask for your Diamond upgrade at the desk, although normally in my experience you will have been automatically upgraded by the system anyway - but there is a possibility they will allow you to choose a different upgrade. Always worth asking. I would recommend downloading the app if you have not done so already. Often the app will show you what you have been assigned a couple of hours before you arrive - quite useful. I did once have a situation where I knew I had been assigned an upgrade, but initially the agent tried to "sell" me an upgrade to the class of vehicle I was already assigned - so I just showed him the app!!! That was a one-off though, I normally find Sixt fantastic for upgrades.

Last edited by Vinotraveller; Jan 13, 2020 at 3:48 am
Old Jan 13, 2020, 4:09 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by csb001

Diamond isn’t quite what it used to be (I used to book ECAR in Germany but get the Jaguar F-Type) - but it’s still a spectacular status. Enjoy it. Germany is a little bit more by the book than other countries since there are a lot more Diamonds in Germany/Europe, but certainly ask at the counter if they can do something a bit more than the app did for you - the app will usually just give you the standard 2 class upgrade, but the counter can often do far more if prodded.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 1:42 pm

TLS

Sixt Platinum

Booked: XDAR - BMW 7 Series, Mercedes S Class, Audi A8 or equivalent.
Assigned: XDAR - BMW 630GT
Received: XDAR - BMW 745E M Sport

An unusually empty lot at Sixt TLS. Was assigned a 6er the day before my rental and phoned up to query. Apparently Sixt now also class the 6er as XDAR which seems wrong to me. Over the phone I was told I could have an Audi Q7 instead but I said I’d sort it on arrival.

On arrival was offered the 6er, an Audi TT or a BMW X4 M40 (for 100 EUR per day extra!!!). No Q7. Asked again for 7 series but told none available. I accepted the 6er begrudgingly.

When I got to the lot there was a 745e M Sport - I spoke to the guy there and he immediately reassigned me to it. A lovely low mileage fully loaded car. The rest of the lot was almost empty which is unusual.

I hope this was a one-off “bad day at the office” for Sixt TLS.

No way should a 6er be XDAR - really strange.

Last edited by Vinotraveller; Jan 17, 2020 at 3:47 am
Old Jan 18, 2020, 10:44 am

Programs: Aeroplan 50K/Star Alliance Gold, Accor Gold, base level Marriott/Hyatt/Hilton
How do you see your assigned vehicle? I'm assuming assigned is something you see online 24/36/48 hours before pick-up.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 2:37 am

Originally Posted by yyztozag
How do you see your assigned vehicle? I'm assuming assigned is something you see online 24/36/48 hours before pick-up.
It is in app. Sometimes your assigned vehicle appears in the app. Normally a couple of hours before you arrive, occasionally as in my recent example the day before. And sometimes you are not assigned a vehicle at all until you get to the counter.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 4:24 am

Programs: Aeroplan 50K/Star Alliance Gold, Accor Gold, base level Marriott/Hyatt/Hilton
Originally Posted by Vinotraveller
It is in app. Sometimes your assigned vehicle appears in the app. Normally a couple of hours before you arrive, occasionally as in my recent example the day before. And sometimes you are not assigned a vehicle at all until you get to the counter.
Awesome, I never knew. How much info does it show?
Old Jan 19, 2020, 4:28 am

Originally Posted by yyztozag
Awesome, I never knew. How much info does it show?
It shows make, model, license plate number, some basic spec info too. Basically the same info that the app shows you when you are in the middle of a rental.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 4:34 am

BOD

Sixt Platinum

Booked: FWAR - BMW 3 Series touring auto or equivalent
Assigned: FWAR - Mercedes C220 diesel touring auto
Received: FWAR - Mercedes C220 diesel touring auto

Not my best Sixt experience at BOD! I was caught up in the storms and arrived a day late to pick up my rental. I had phoned them the day before and let them know, the very rude woman on the phone gave me no sympathy at all and insisted on charging me an extra 90EUR.

When I got to the station the lot was fairy empty, my car, a 3 series touring, a 7-Series, a 4- Series and an Audi Q7 were the only nice cars. I was refused a platinum upgrade due to all other vehicles being booked apart from the Q7 but was told I would have to pay extra for the Q7. I declined that as the car was going to sit in a Chateau car park for most of the week.

On a positive note it was a well specced C220 with lots of AMG options and suited me fine. I am going to contact Sixt about the extra 90 euros, I know they were entitled to charge me extra but due to the extreme weather being the cause of my delay it seemed rather mean.

When I handed the car back the lot was full of nice vehicles, so I obviously had some bad luck when I picked up.
Justin Case likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 12:48 pm

ZAG City
No status
Booked: FDAR BMW 3 Series automatic or equivalent
Received: PDAR BMW 520d xDrive

Not too great specs... Sport Line, Navigation Professional, digital dials, 19" rims, digital key and that's it. But it was cheap, clean and great service.

I remember a charged "upgrade" last year (January 2019) that was quite disappointing...

MUC
No status
Booked: PWAR BMW 520 Touring or similar
Received: LWAR Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 TDI

Extra 30 EUR per day. Madness for an old model A6. At least it was pretty well specced: Leather/alcantara combo, power seats, navigation, heated front & rear seats, bose sound system, 4-zone climate and many more. But 30 EUR per day for an old model is just nuts. I could have gotten an S350L for the same price had I booked it online.
Old Aug 29, 2020, 1:26 pm

Programs: EBG
Cologne Braunsfeld
No Status
Booked: BMW 1-Series Auto or equivalent
Received: BMW 530d xDrive

Cologne Braunsfeld
No Status
Booked: BMW 1-Series Auto or equivalent
Received: VW Touran

Cologne Hbf
No Status
Booked: Audi A4 Auto or equivalent
Received: Audi Q3 35 TDI
Justin Case likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2020, 4:19 am

Programs: Flying Blue, BA Executive Club, LH Miles & More, Air Asia BigShot, Les Collectioneurs
Amsterdam Schiphol
Platinum
Booked: BMW 530e / Jaguar XF or equivalent (LDAR)
Allocated: Jaguar XF 2.0d Sportbrake (LWAR)
Received: BMW 840i Grand Coupe (XSAR) Paid upgrade

Was looking for a nice "weekend-away" car for the both of us. But disappointed with the dull and grey Jag diesel station. Employee claimed this was already an upgrade! Does the platinum upgrade entitle you to a higher class upgrade or just any (small, slightly more expensive) upgrade? Employee said it was the only available car.

Got the option to get a Audi A5 cabrio or BMW 4-Series cabrio (FTAR), but when looking in the garage I saw the BMW 8 Grand Coupe. Asked what it would cost, and quoted me a low amount and the employee even said "I haven't seen at this low ever". Would make sense if I would rent it for 1 day only (knowing the price online)
Paid 1/4 of the price of what it normally would cost for a weekend . Even kept the unlimited KM's on the contract.

Last edited by Justin Case; Sep 14, 2020 at 4:24 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.