Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SIXT - Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2024, 10:43 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Sixt Platinum, National EE
Location - Sixt San Diego - SAN
Status - Platinum (Matched from National EE early 2023)
Reserved - BMW 5 Series XCAR
Received - XCAR - BMW 530i

Of note, I had a conversation with one of the representatives who offered a pretty decent deal to upgrade to a 2023 BMW 740i (XDAR class) for $100 total for a 2 day rental. Given the rate for the original 5 series reservation was so low this would have been close to $250 USD for 2 days in the 740, just over half the going rate even with platinum discount for that class. Ended up declining to have the slightly smaller and more efficient engine for the trip, but was pleasantly surprised to see a competitive enough offer even though they were relatively busy. If the upgrade (or a similar upgrade) were to be offered at no cost I would have been more inclined to accept it.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 11:03 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador - Delta Diamond - United Silver - Frontier 100k - Sixt Plat
Status - Platinum (Earned from 2023)
Reserved - Luxury 3 Series
Received - SUV X4
Old Feb 7, 2024, 11:48 am

Programs: BA GGLfL, ex-EK IO, IC Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador, Amex Centurion
I'm a Diamond member and have never got a single upgrade :-(. I do tend to book top-of-the-line cars, but never get anything in return. In LAX this week, booked a lower category car (BMW 4 Series Coupe) to see if I'd get an upgrade. Absolutely nothing. Gutted.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 12:13 pm

Programs: Aer Club Silver | BAEC Bronze | ALL Silver | Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by GGL Flyer
I'm a Diamond member and have never got a single upgrade :-(. I do tend to book top-of-the-line cars, but never get anything in return. In LAX this week, booked a lower category car (BMW 4 Series Coupe) to see if I'd get an upgrade. Absolutely nothing. Gutted.
I believe upgrades are much more common in Europe. I've had an upgrade 99% of the time.

Thanks!
GGL Flyer likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by GGL Flyer
Yeah, I get upgrades in Europe much more than in the US, I rent from National in the US.
Old Feb 27, 2024, 4:57 pm

Not an upgrade, although the agent made it out like one..
Location - WAW

Status - Gold (only realised I could status match M&M recently, but don't think it had any impact whatsoever)
Reserved - Audi A3 Sedan ILAR
Received - BMW 118i ILAR
Was actually hoping for the Audi, which was marginally cheaper, as higher chances of it having ACC. But the 1er was very familiar, if dinged up
Old Apr 2, 2024, 7:29 pm

Location - Miami
Status - Sixt Platinum Card for Amex Platinum Card (DE)
Reserved - BMW 5 Series Guaranteed Model (XCAR)
Received - BMW 840i Coupe (XSAJ) for USD$40/day + tax extra

Initially wanted an X5 since everyone drives big car here but they said they only have a 7 or 8 Series for an extra. Accepted the offer for a fairly new 840i with merely 1000mi in odometer, while keeping $0 LDW and unlimited miles.

Man, I wish I were in Germany with this car.
demue likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 10:58 am

Location- GVA
Booked- BMW iX
Given- BMW iX40
Status- None

The EV rental experience at Sixt was so so so better than Hertz. The lot attendant explained where the charging cables etc were how temp and speed effected range etc. We already own an EV at home and rented many of them at Hertz. The iX was awesome to drive as well
Old Apr 9, 2024, 4:18 pm
`X'

Programs: QFF NB, DJ Gold, A3 Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Silver, Carlson Silver, A|Club Gold
A couple of touch points for you all as a Platinum in Australia at the moment.

Booked: SGAR (MG HS)
Offered: Rav4 -
Taken: Isuzu MU-X

Booked: SGAR (MG HS)
Offered: Volkswagen Tiguan
Taken: Renault Koleos

In both situations I had to actually ask to get something better with the platinum upgrades. The app doesn't work that great down here in Australia had I not asked, I would not have gotten what I did. In Brisbane I was offered another MU-X but thought it was a bit too big (in hindsight I should have taken it... but that is another story).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.