SIXT - Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2022, 1:46 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, DL GM, AA Plat, NEXUS
HNL Airport
August '22
Booked: C-Class/4 Series Convertible
Received: BMW X5

On my pickup day while on approach to HNL I could see what vehicles were available on the app. Both vehicles in my booking class (C300/430i Convertibles) were available and so were LR Evoque, Discovery and the X5 for no charge, the X7 and RR Sport were available for $30/day extra. My travel plans had changed since I made the booking and I needed to drive at times on a dirt road so I picked the X5 as it was the newest of them all and decently loaded. I found the app great to use, I only stopped by the kiosk to show my DL to grab the keys.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2022, 8:59 am

SEA
12/23 ~1900
No status (applied for status match Platinum, no apparent response)
Booked: 530i or similar
Received: 740i

Was originally placed in a 530i, upon startup received TPMS message and found the tires had pressures from 28-50 psi. After travelling for 12 hours, I wasn't in a mood to remedy that, went back to the station - nice employee couldn't find another available 5er (X category in US market), so put me in a 740i - a bit of a barge, but a serene cruiser. Good experience.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2023, 1:40 pm

Programs: SkyTeam Elite Plus lifetime
LHR T5 (Sofitel)
01/29, 6 day rental
No status
Booked: IFAR (Peugeot 3008 2WD Aut. or similar)
Received: Audi Q5 Sportback (LFAR) Quattro

Was originally offered an upsell to LFAR or PFAR at more than twice the originally reserved rate. Declined. Then was offered an "upgrade" to Audi Q2 (CPAR). Expressed dissatisfaction with the vehicle choice, as I was driving some tall people and the Audi Q2 has less legroom than a Peugeot 3008 class SUV. After some hesitation, agent then just gave me the LFAR for free. The agent was very nice all the way throughout.
Ordpc likes this.

Last edited by Holometer3D; Feb 4, 2023 at 3:37 am
Old Apr 18, 2023, 12:15 pm

Programs: BA Silver, LH Senator, Flying Blue Gold, AClub Gold

Car Class Reserved: Hyundai i30

Car Received: BMW M850i

Was offered a Fiat 500 as the only option in the app but with the option of an Audi A5 for 49 € extra (1 day). Complained at the counter that a Fiat 500 wasn’t the category I have reserved. The friendly agent then offered me the Audi A5 with no extra charge and went to pickup the keys. But it has just been assigned to another customer so instead I got the BMW M850i. It was late in the evening and other reservation was for just 1 day which might have helped.
demue and Justin Case like this.
Old Apr 18, 2023, 1:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador - Delta Diamond - United Silver - Frontier 100k - Sixt Plat

Car Class Reserved: Mid-Suze SUV

Car Received: Toyota 4Runner

Nothing special here, wasn't upsold or upgraded.

--

Car Class Reserved: BMW 5 Series

Car Received: BMW 5 Series

They attempted to get me into an X5 or X6 as they didn't have any 5 series, then they found one and sent me on my way.
Ordpc likes this.
Old May 1, 2023, 12:03 pm

Car Class Reserved: Tesla Model Y performance / long range

Car Received: Tesla Model Y long range

Week long hire, no issues though the Model Y had already covered 11K by the time I collected it.
Old May 22, 2023, 9:10 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist

Car Class Reserved: Audi A4 Avant or equivalent

Car Received: 1st - BMW 530xi Sedan (All-wheel drive), 2nd - Audi A4 Avant Allroad Quattro (Diesel)

2 weeks hire and while the 5-series was absolutely lovely, brand new at 860ish km on the odometer and fully loaded (head-up display, heated and ventilated leather seats, laser light package, big navigation + sound system, etc.), it was plain too big (size wise) for some of the places we were going (e.g. narrow streets of Italian villages or mountain roads in Austria), so I agreed to swap the car a few hours later against a well equipped Audi A4 Allroad (big diesel engine) that fit our needs perfectly that came in later on the day of my rental. Normally, I wouldn't turn down the upgrade, but this time it was much better with the "smaller" (not really small) car.

I returned the car at Munich airport and there the service provider that processes the cars for all car rental agencies has these big "scanners" installed when you drive into the garage (don't recall this about a year ago) that scan the whole car for damages and captures the state of the car when being returned. The A4 Allroad had a lot of relatively small scratches documented already and on my final bill a few days later no new damage was being claimed, but then (as discussed in another thread), I always have the full coverage with 0 Euro deductible from Sixt, so they are not likely to "invent" damage I would guess.
Ordpc likes this.

Last edited by demue; Aug 2, 2023 at 10:43 pm
Old Jun 3, 2023, 11:52 pm

Anyone been to SIXT at ewr lately?

Im arriving this Weds for a one day rentL
i have platinum
I booked full size
what can I expect? And will I be upgraded?
thanks
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2023, 9:44 am

Car Class Reserved: BMW 3er / Audi A4 FDAR + Diesel option (which I think what caused the upgrade)

Car Received: Audi A5 S-line LSAR

Very nice 3l diesel, hit 270kmh, also got a speeding ticket.
demue likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2023, 10:01 am

Car Class Reserved: Audi Q2 ect (CPAR)
Car Received: Audi A3 with a broken parcel shelf

No choice of cars, only a rather expensive paid upgrade to BMW 3 series offered, the A3 was ok but the parcel shelf was a pain every time the boot was opened.
Old Jun 27, 2023, 10:14 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by 4004

Car Class Reserved: BMW 3er / Audi A4 FDAR + Diesel option (which I think what caused the upgrade)

Car Received: Audi A5 S-line LSAR

Very nice 3l diesel, hit 270kmh, also got a speeding ticket.
Nice - I once took an A6 avant up to 310kmph - but that's *way* too dangerous to drive on 2 lane highways... (I was north of Hamburg)

Why exactly did you get a speeding ticket?
Old Jul 1, 2023, 7:47 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Nice - I once took an A6 avant up to 310kmph - but that's *way* too dangerous to drive on 2 lane highways... (I was north of Hamburg)

And what A6 Avant would that have been? Even an RS6 Avant with the limiter removed package goes ~295km/h top speed max though fair enough that could have shown as ~300+km/h on an odometer as they are not that exact in the end. Exhausting driving for sure at such speeds.
4004 and Justin Case like this.
Old Jul 26, 2023, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Well, just speeding past a camera (140 in a 120).
Sixt sent me the letter they received from Brandenburg police, I was able to log onto their website and confirm it was me on the photo.
Had to pay via a bank transfer, so a bit of a pain, but you pay the price..

Was surprised to see it hit 270, as I thought even S-line cars were limited to 250, but that was still overkill for my route.
Sadly not all Sixt locations have this sort of inventory
Old Jul 27, 2023, 1:40 am

Programs: Aer Club Silver | BAEC Bronze | ALL Silver | Sixt Platinum
Booked: BMW 3 series.
Received: BMW 520D X drive.
Amazing spec. Head Up Display, Sunroof, Driving Assistant, Ventilating Seats. Luxury Model Line.
​​​​​​
Lovely service from the girl at the desk. The self selection on the app wasn't showing anything good - A3, TT and paid upgrades to an A4 Avant, 3 Touring, A5 Sportback or a 5 sedan. So ended up not choosing anything and the girl gave me the 5 series for no extra cost.

Thanks!
demue and Auto Enthusiast like this.
Old Aug 29, 2023, 9:12 am

Currently have a reservation in October for a Chevy Blazer (or equal), but see that the GMC Arcadia (or equal) is $20 cheaper. (US reservation)

With having a Platinum status and the potential of upgrade options, am I better off to keep the Blazer, or change to the GMC?

this will be my first reservation with Sixt and I have platinum status via a status match.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.