Old Feb 17, 2020, 4:34 am
Vinotraveller

Programs: BAEC Silver, Sixt Platinum, HHons Diamond
BOD

Sixt Platinum

Booked: FWAR - BMW 3 Series touring auto or equivalent
Assigned: FWAR - Mercedes C220 diesel touring auto
Received: FWAR - Mercedes C220 diesel touring auto

Not my best Sixt experience at BOD! I was caught up in the storms and arrived a day late to pick up my rental. I had phoned them the day before and let them know, the very rude woman on the phone gave me no sympathy at all and insisted on charging me an extra 90EUR.

When I got to the station the lot was fairy empty, my car, a 3 series touring, a 7-Series, a 4- Series and an Audi Q7 were the only nice cars. I was refused a platinum upgrade due to all other vehicles being booked apart from the Q7 but was told I would have to pay extra for the Q7. I declined that as the car was going to sit in a Chateau car park for most of the week.

On a positive note it was a well specced C220 with lots of AMG options and suited me fine. I am going to contact Sixt about the extra 90 euros, I know they were entitled to charge me extra but due to the extreme weather being the cause of my delay it seemed rather mean.

When I handed the car back the lot was full of nice vehicles, so I obviously had some bad luck when I picked up.