Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SIXT - Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2018, 9:04 am

Programs: LH SEN, Marriott Ambassador, Sixt Diamond, National EE, HH Diamond, Hertz PC and a lot more
Location MUC
Booked: FDMR
Received: M4 competition brand new :-)
Old Nov 20, 2018, 9:13 am

Programs: LH SEN, Marriott Ambassador, Sixt Diamond, National EE, HH Diamond, Hertz PC and a lot more
Originally Posted by akbw
Hi there! I am back with another question. Now I'm looking at an XDAR for a one day booking at FRA next month. I understand XDAR can be either A8, 7-Series, or S-Class, but what's the difference between XDAR, XCAN, and XLAN, since they all seem to be the same cars? I'm specifically looking for a V12 engine vehicle, so I'm not sure which out of the three should I book.
You will rarely find a V12 in the Sixt fleet - S class is mostly S350, 7 series is 730 or 740 and A8 is 3 liter diesel; if you want a V12 you have to book one of the Aston Martins they have in the summer fleet
Old Nov 20, 2018, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by Dr_Fly_A_LOT
Location MUC
Received: M4 competition brand new :-)
​​​​​​Nice, worthwhile upgrade!!
Mattthenomad likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 1:54 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Sixt Platinum, Hertz Gold
Received: First Mercedes C-class. Asked if they had BWM or Audi. Got A5 Cabriolet. Too cold to use with roof down, but 248 hp and very comfy.
NeYo likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 10:37 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
You will rarely find a V12 in the Sixt fleet - S class is mostly S350, 7 series is 730 or 740 and A8 is 3 liter diesel; if you want a V12 you have to book one of the Aston Martins they have in the summer fleet
I think for certain airport stations (MUC, FRA) I saw the option to confirm a 760iL for serious money of course (not at XDAR). They won't confirm the reservation right away though, but rather get back within a few days if able to honor / accept. YMMV
Old Dec 10, 2018, 2:29 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Sixt Platinum, HHons Diamond
Booked: Audi A6 Avant Auto or Equivalent
Received: Lexus RX450 (one class upgrade)

A nice high spec Lexus, was offered a choice of the Lexus, BMW X5, Range Rover Sport or BMW 4 series gran coupe. Went for the Lexus as have never driven one before. Lovely interior, but engine noise under harsh acceleration is very high due to the CVT.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 3:31 am

Programs: OW Sapp, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold
Sixt Platinum
Zagreb / Panorama
CLMR Golf
Renault Captur

Is it a downgrade?
Old Dec 13, 2018, 7:18 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I think they consider that "junker" Renault Captur an upgrade. IIRC it is together with Ford Kuga and VW Tiguan in the same group.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 10:49 pm

Programs: SIXT Gold, Europcar Privilege Elite VIP, Avis Preferred Plus, KrisFlyer Elite Silver
Booked: Walk-in
Received: Vauxhall Crossland X 1.2 SE

​​​​​​Location: FRA T1 (November 2018)
Booked: FDAR (Mercedes C-Class saloon or similar)
Received: BMW 340i xDrive Touring Luxury Line (FWAR I believe)
- I was assigned a BMW 330d saloon which would have been my original FDAR booking, but when I went there, I was hoping to get a Jaguar XE or an Alfa Romeo Giulia that I had requested. The lady said she didn't have any, so we looked around to see what I'd prefer. I was tempted to upgrade to a bigger car, but then I asked if she had any 340i or C 400, and she had the 340i Touring available at that time. She gave the 340i to me for free instead of as an upgrade as the car still had its summer tyres on.

​​​​​​Location: FRA T2 (November 2018)
Booked: ITMR (Mazda MX-5 or similar)
Received: Opel Grandland X 1.2 Turbo INNOVATION
- I returned the 340i Touring a day earlier than when I was supposed to leave Germany as I wanted to try the MX-5. When I went to pick up the car, they didn't have any ITMRs available at all, so the lady was looking around to see what she could give me. She said she had a CX-5 that she could give me, or if I wanted a Ford Kuga, I could have that too. I took the latter, but when I went to the Kuga in the parking area, I changed my mind and decided to wait for an MX-5 to show up. One did show up in the service area (where they wash the cars, pump it with fuel, etc.), but it had a cracked windscreen, so I was advised not to take it even though they could release it to me. In the end, I ended up with the Opel Grandland X as I've always wanted to try one considering I've already tried its related cousin the Peugeot 3008 and its smaller sibling the Crossland X.

​​​​​​Location: FCO - CIA (One way booking, December 2018)
Booked: MCMR (Citroën C1 or similar)
Received: Fiat Qubo
- Originally I got a VW Up! as per my original booking, but I saw the Qubo and wanted to try it, so I paid €15 extra for the quirky van.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 10:50 pm

Programs: SIXT Gold, Europcar Privilege Elite VIP, Avis Preferred Plus, KrisFlyer Elite Silver
Thank you for the reply! I see that you got yourself a very nice M4!
Old Dec 21, 2018, 9:39 am

Programs: UAL 1K, Sixt Plat, BA, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat
Booked: FFMR
Received: Offered PSAR (BMW F30) which I sadly had to decline as I was going to be driving on gravel roads!!!
A quick shout out for the Sixt Franchise (Firs car rental) in JNB - very nice job and they were very concerned to make sure that I was happy. Will use again
Old Dec 27, 2018, 5:35 am

Originally Posted by akbw
Thank you for the reply! I see that you got yourself a very nice M4!
See my response above. There used to be 760iL's in the fleet though not many. My colleague got one at MUC after booking it online and the station confirming it, but apparently FRA also can get them. Cost was well above XDAR though lately I have only seen S500L / 750iL as XLAN.

Last edited by demue; Dec 27, 2018 at 5:45 am
Old Jan 22, 2019, 1:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott & SPG Platinum, Hertz Platinum, Avis PC, Sixt Diamond
Date: Jan 18-21, 2019
Booked: ILAR BWM 1 series
Received: PDAR Audi A5 with 12000 miles
Old Feb 2, 2019, 6:35 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Mco upg denied

Location MCO
Booked: Full size
Received: My choice of Hyundai Sonatas, but did get one with 300 miles on it

New one to me as I always get a one class UPG, but the agent said "my rate" was not upgradable according to her computer. She did ask why I didn't reserve my usual luxury class car, which was 2x more. Never had this happen even when I've reserved FS or better. Guess the $133 all in per week was too low, though it was booked thru Sixt's site from an email offer that didn't mention any restrictions other than being prepaid, non refundable. Still a decent deal though the polar vortex was in full force in FL.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 1:34 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Sixt Platinum, Hertz Gold
Booked: PWAR - hoping for BMW 520 or more
Received: PWAR - Mercedes E200....

Lots of space, but boring to drive and OMG the navigation SD card kept popping out all the time. Called Sixt and they said it was an issue with new models. Ended up with some heavy duty tape to keep it in, after which it only bothered my 4-5 times a day....

#sad .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.