Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SIXT - Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2018, 3:56 am

Programs: National EE; Hertz Five Star, Avis Preferred
I actually got an LWAR- a very, very nice BMW 5 series wagon with less than 5000 km on it. Drove like a dream!!
Old Jul 3, 2018, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by Bostonkari
I actually got an LWAR- a very, very nice BMW 5 series wagon with less than 5000 km on it. Drove like a dream!!
nice !!! Thanks for the reply!
Old Jul 5, 2018, 6:01 am

Programs: MR AMB/LT, AA EP, TK EP, DL D, B6 M4, F9 100K, IHG AMB/D, HH D, CZR D, FndCd, Sixt D, NTL E, Hz PC
Booked a PDAR at FRA for one day 9 June, was given a C63s AMG. It was exactly was one would expect -- utterly amazing. Especially for $70.

(Previously got an S350d ex-ZRH for a PDAR + $25/day, and at GVA got a GLC.)
Old Jul 5, 2018, 7:18 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by rdlmitedu
Booked a PDAR at FRA for one day 9 June, was given a C63s AMG. It was exactly was one would expect -- utterly amazing. Especially for $70.

(Previously got an S350d ex-ZRH for a PDAR + $25/day, and at GVA got a GLC.)
You lucky guy! PDAR gets you a C63s instead of a 520 .... throw some of that luck over here as I'm renting in Germany in a couple of weeks and that would be the jackpot
Old Jul 8, 2018, 3:57 pm

Programs: MR AMB/LT, AA EP, TK EP, DL D, B6 M4, F9 100K, IHG AMB/D, HH D, CZR D, FndCd, Sixt D, NTL E, Hz PC
Booked LWAR (8 July to 12 July, FRA-CDG one-way), got an A6 3.0 Diesel Quattro S-Line wagon. I guess that's what I booked or slightly upgraded, but impressed they gave me a good car for a one-way crossborder rental anyway. I suspect I'd have gotten an X-something if returning to FRA. I love Sixt.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 1:24 pm

Programs: SIXT Gold, Europcar Privilege Elite VIP, Avis Preferred Plus, KrisFlyer Elite Silver
Hi guys, I'm thinking of doing 10 days in Germany in November 2018, and I'll always go with Sixt when hiring a car in Germany. I usually go for FDAR, but last time I was there in October 2016, I booked an A6 Saloon (LDAR), they wanted to give me an A6 Avant (LWAR), but I decided to upgrade to an A8 3.0 TDI quattro (correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the code is XDAR). Anyhow, this time round, I'm going back to an FDAR for 9 days, and on the last day I'm planning to rent a Mercedes-AMG E 63. I can't seem to find the E 63 on the Sixt website, so any idea what group the E 63 belongs to? And as for the FDAR, I know Sixt has the Jaguar XE, BMW 3er, Mercedes-Benz C-Class, and Audi A4, but are there any others within that category? Thanks!
Old Jul 26, 2018, 5:05 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by akbw
Hi guys, I'm thinking of doing 10 days in Germany in November 2018, and I'll always go with Sixt when hiring a car in Germany. I usually go for FDAR, but last time I was there in October 2016, I booked an A6 Saloon (LDAR), they wanted to give me an A6 Avant (LWAR), but I decided to upgrade to an A8 3.0 TDI quattro (correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the code is XDAR). Anyhow, this time round, I'm going back to an FDAR for 9 days, and on the last day I'm planning to rent a Mercedes-AMG E 63. I can't seem to find the E 63 on the Sixt website, so any idea what group the E 63 belongs to? And as for the FDAR, I know Sixt has the Jaguar XE, BMW 3er, Mercedes-Benz C-Class, and Audi A4, but are there any others within that category? Thanks!
The AMG will be part of a special group with only that car in it, which a) means when you book it, you will get exactly what you booked and b) if you're not seeing it, then you can't book it.

If you want an idea of what cars are available in what category for each rental agency (well, Sixt in this particular case), have a browse here: https://www.mietwagen-talk.de/lexicon/
Old Aug 1, 2018, 3:30 am

-No status yet
-Vienna Central Station, Austria
-booked CCCC (surprise category) for 5 days
-received BMW 520D xDrive (PDAR)

CCCC would have been a Jeep Renegade but since it was my birthday, the RSA gave me a somewhat cheap option for upgrade to PDAR (€25+ per day) and I took the offer. the car was amazing, full of options.

​​​I am renting next week SDMR from same location again, curious what car Sixt will have for me.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 3:46 am
formerly mrshyt

Programs: IB+ Gold, HH Gold
- Platinum
- Krakow airport
- booked CCCC for 7 days, €120
- received VW Golf 1.4TSi Automatic, 13k KM on the clock, still in very good condition

All in all, pretty happy. Golf had adaptable cruise control which was very nice for driving around on motorways and in slow traffic. Amazing what a balanced car the Golf is, even this model which is already a few years old; for this car class it is such an amazing drive. Offered me a Jaguar XE for €15+ per day but I declined.
NB: Sixt office at Krakow airport is pretty small. You pick up the keys in the airport terminal and then you are on your own. You then walk across to the parking and check the car, if there are any other damages on the car not mentioned on the contract they instructed me to take a photo and we would deal with it later - not my preferred way to do things. Same for the return, you park the car, no one from Sixt to greet you. You then walk to the terminal and drop off the key, but they only do the inspection later on once you are gone; it took 2 days for them to send me the final / closed invoice & contract. I much prefer closing things on the spot and not worrying about them finding a dink / scratch that I would then have to pay for!
Old Aug 21, 2018, 8:52 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Sixt Platinum, Hertz Gold
Same same

platinum
Osnabrück
booked LSAR
got LSAR

the only upside was it was advertised as bmw 430/435 but was in fact 440i which is indeed the latest model and has 326 hp which was a lot of fun.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 8:07 am

Booked: CLMR
Received: DS3 Diesel (voluntary downgrade, was offered BMW X1 because they "didn't have CLMR", but I saw a BMW 1-series in the garage).
Old Oct 2, 2018, 1:56 pm

Hi guys.

I'm going to Germany at the end of this month and booked the XFAX and made a note to confirm only if they have the MB GLE63 AMG, for my surprise they could offer me this car. But I've been trying to find out if the car has the AMG Performance Exhaust, they couldn't say it for sure.
Did anyone experienced their MB GLE63 AMG in Germany to tell me some details about it?

Thank you.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 12:56 pm

Been wanting to post this...
Sixt FRA
Gold
Booked CPMR
Received CDMR ... 10 day rental
One way rental drop MUC

We arrived at the counter and were told we had been upgraded to IFMR(Peugoet 5008) I refused kindly as we were going to stay with friends in the Alps in a little village with small roads so no SUV was needed. Clerk at the counter said only CPMR was a 116i. My husband and I said that was perfectly fine. He would be doing most of the driving anyways.. After a few mins the clerk said the 116i had a block on it and suggested we take the SUV again I said not needed this time. The clerk says well I don't have any other cars except an Astra or the SUV... After some back and fourth it was basically take the Astra, Pay 200€ more for a 3er or nothing. We were disappointed and ended up taking the Astra. Not the class we wanted but small enough for small roads.

Once we arrived at our friends house I casually checked my banking and saw that Sixt had billed my Visa twice once for the CPMR rental and Once for the CDMR rental.. while it didn't put a strain on us traveling it just made an already sour situation worse...

We have a wedding in Orlando in November and are debating avoid Sixt all together
Old Oct 11, 2018, 11:06 pm

Booked: CCCC
Received: Range Rover Evoque (they also had a Mercedes GLE Coupe but that one wasn’t ready yet but the worker would would have given it to us.)
Old Oct 12, 2018, 3:27 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Sixt Platinum, HHons Diamond
Have booked PWAR (BMW 5er Auto Estate) at TLS in December, will report back as to what I get. After several disappointing experiences with AVIS at TLS I am going back to Sixt, who I always found very polite at this location with a decent choice of vehicles. Fingers crossed!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.