Wiki Posts
Search

SIXT - Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2018, 11:03 am

Platinum
MLA
booked CCMR
received Spark with lot of scratches and 3/4 tank of gas.

FRA
booked PCAR
received MB E220
got charged 1 extra day for 40 minutes delay
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:41 am

Platinum (through Best Western Diamond match)
FLL Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood Int.
Booked CTAR (Beetle Convertible)
Got STAR (Mustang Convertible)
Had to wait a few minutes in the lounge for the car to be made-ready. Offered some other upgrade for a "great deal," but declined.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 9:42 am

Status match from national ex elite

Hi all i know this doesnt go here but 2 leval sixt platinum thread is dormant.

I have a national ex. elite and want to match to tge sixt platinum.
if i send them a screenshot of my statement showing over 100 days of rentals per year for last 2 years will i be able to get directly into the higher platinum
I also have world elite if it still helps

Thanks to all
Old Apr 24, 2018, 7:37 pm

Don't know if I got an upgrade or downgrade.

Booked an LDAR from Sixt Berlin Kurfuerstendamm and received a 2018 BMW 440i Gran Coupe with 4,500km. On the one hand, "performance" gasoline engines such as the -40i usually cost quite a bit more to book. On the other hand, the car was pretty barebones equipped and the 520d they had later had a lot more features. The tires on the car were also only rated for 210km/h compared to 240km/h typical on LWAR/LDAR cars.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 6:25 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
A BMW 4er is classified an upgrade over LDAR. IME Renting a 4er usually cost more.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 11:27 am

I've seen LSAR sometimes be priced under LDAR. However, you usually get something like a 430d Gran Coupe with an LSAR booking.

A 440i technically has a lower MSRP than a 530d but renting higher performance gasoline engines from Sixt is usually pretty expensive. I think reserving an X4 M440i is usually 3x the daily rate of LDAR.
Old May 10, 2018, 9:28 pm

Programs: National EE; Hertz Five Star, Avis Preferred
LDAR @ MUC (Munich)

im not a platinum member and am curious if anyone thinks my LDAR rental for May29-june1 will be upgraded? If not, will I likely get a Bmw530 or Mercedes E without too much trouble?

i just want to be sure my mom has enough room in the backseat (she’s almost 6’ tall).
Old May 11, 2018, 5:26 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
LDar is 5 series (530 Minimum) MB E class or Jaguar XF.
not sure about exact backseat space but there should be plenty.
just make sure if the upgrade you that it is to Xdar and not something like LSAR (4 series) as that would not work.
Old May 11, 2018, 6:57 am

Thanks, blitzen! After reading a bunch on the forum I'm just worried that they will try to downgrade me - and how to handle that? Is there any way to avoid this hassle of not getting what I paid for? Any suggestions are welcome!

Also, would folks go for BMW 530 or Mercedes E350d if given the option? Looking for something both fun to drive - and also comfortable for my elderly mother!
Old May 11, 2018, 9:22 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Well they might want to "sidegrade" you into LSAR (4 series coupe) as they consider that a "special" car (and the $ is slightly more expensive in most cases). If they offer you LWAR (same as LDAR just station wagon/ estate /...) that is not a problem either.

You are at an airport so they should have enough cars around. I would chose the 540d if they would give me all options (not the 530i as a gasoline) ...

a) Add remarks to the booking
b) write them an email explaining what you want and why [email protected] (that should be the one from the Airport directly)
c) if you have not booked (or a change is still possible and not cost prohibitive) use a login for i.e. a Hilton Diamond "9815818" and "diamond"as this sometimes saves you $ and in general states "upgrade if available" and why not ....
[Sammelthread] Contracts / Rabattcodes für SIXT - SIXT - mietwagen-talk.de - Das Mietwagen Forum
d) see if the status match to Sixt Platinum is still possible
https://onemileatatime.boardingarea....-status-match/
Old May 13, 2018, 8:38 am

Thanks so much blitzen- I emailed the “AP” email and they already responded saying they would do their best to block a nice BMW. So appreciate your help!!
blitzen likes this.
Old May 21, 2018, 2:22 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold, UA G
Diamond at FRA

Booked FDAR

Was given PWAR (requested a wagon...when in Europe...)

Not too bad for my first ever rental in Europe and I really liked the easy return at the FCT.

Was fine, nice Diesel E220, which is a nice car to have for an 11 day trip throughout western Europe, put a couple thousand km on it and definitely had fun. The vehicle I received also included sat nav and full leather interior.

Overall Sixt generally treats me quite well as a Diamond and I have no complaints...they've continued to get my business whenever they're available and National gets it everywhere else. Can't wait for Sixt to get a NYC (JFK and midtown Manhattan) presence.
Old May 30, 2018, 9:26 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Sixt Platinum, Hertz Gold
Platinum
Kleve
Booked CLMR (Golf)
Got FDMR (BWM 318i)

--

Platinum
Kleve
Booked IWMR (Passat)
Got IWMR (Passat)
Old May 30, 2018, 10:55 pm

Programs: A3*G/KFEG
Booked PFAR at PFAR at LAX. No upgrades given. I prebooked an XC60 on the app.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by Bostonkari
im not a platinum member and am curious if anyone thinks my LDAR rental for May29-june1 will be upgraded? If not, will I likely get a Bmw530 or Mercedes E without too much trouble?

i just want to be sure my mom has enough room in the backseat (she’s almost 6’ tall).
Curious what you finally got? I am supposed to pick up LWAR in MUC in a couple of days and was curious what they finally offered you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.