Rules / Procedures for VTL passengers in Singapore

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rules / Procedures for VTL passengers in Singapore

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2022, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by Doppy
…Under current rules a 16 hour layover on a separate ticket would be easy - just spend the extra few dollars on insurance and an arrival antigen test and you won't have to isolate at all. That's a long enough layover that you can enjoy the city some.
Technically, you must isolate until you get a negative on the test result.

Has this approach been confirmed to work, that a traveller can get a test at the airport upon exiting immigration and immediately receive the result (before they must head back to an appropriate accommodation to isolate)?

And what would be the declared accommodation on the VTP?

https://safetravel.ica.gov.sg/vtl/conditions#after21

VTL (Air) conditions for entry on or after 21 February 2022, 2395hrs (SGT)

e. immediately4 take private transportation, taxi, or private hire car from the airport to the place of accommodation as declared in the VTP (Air) application and remain isolated at the place of accommodation, apart from attending the supervised self-administered ART;
f. take private transportation, taxi, or private hire car to and from the Quick Test Centre (QTC) or Combined Test Centre (CTC), undergo a COVID-19 supervised self-administered ART at a within 24 hours of arrival in Singapore, and remain isolated at the declared place of accommodation until the test result is confirmed to be negative;

Last edited by crackjack; Feb 21, 2022 at 10:24 pm
Old Feb 21, 2022, 11:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
May I just confirm that there is no PCR test or antigen test requirement upon landing in Singapore afte Feb 22.

If this is true, then it makes the process a lot easier.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 12:03 am

Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
May I just confirm that there is no PCR test or antigen test requirement upon landing in Singapore afte Feb 22.

Still required; the requirements are linked in / quoted in my above post.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 12:59 am

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
The video ART is now officially accepted for VTL arrivals:
https://milelion.com/2022/02/22/good...rival-testing/
Old Feb 22, 2022, 5:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
under the current rules, you cannot connect on separate tickets in SIN. Nobody knows what will be the rules in June, especially when dealing with Asian countries !
Old Feb 22, 2022, 5:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer

only if you are transiting in SIN and if your final destination does not require a test.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 3:40 pm

Help! I am filling out the VTL application (https://eservices.ica.gov.sg/STO/home/vaccinated-lane) and under Nationality. There is no "United States". No USA, etc. Any ideas?

Also, it seems I need to do PCR test. The rule I saw is 2 days before, is it still accurate? Say, I am flying on Sat. I can do the test on Thu. Is that correct?

Last edited by kash; Feb 22, 2022 at 3:51 pm
Old Feb 22, 2022, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by kash
Help! I am filling out the VTL application (https://eservices.ica.gov.sg/STO/home/vaccinated-lane) and under Nationality. There is no "United States". No USA, etc. Any ideas?

Also, it seems I need to do PCR test. The rule I saw is 2 days before, is it still accurate? Say, I am flying on Sat. I can do the test on Thu. Is that correct?
Re Nationality, search for "American"...I think that's how it's listed. And no PCR required, only a rapid test.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by bpk6h
Re Nationality, search for "American"...I think that's how it's listed. And no PCR required, only a rapid test.
Thank you. I didn't realize the "American" option.. But looks like I run into another problem, It will not accept my vaccination QR code, saying my name does not much. But the QR code has my name next to it and it matches exactly.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 5:44 pm

Thank you. I didn't realize the "American" option.. But looks like I run into another problem, It will not accept my vaccination QR code, saying my name does not much. But the QR code has my name next to it and it matches exactly.
I believe you'll need to write to the Safe Travel Office for help. There are many reports of issues related to the QR code upload. Others here might have a better idea as to what might be the problem.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 5:50 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Does one have a middle name and the other one doesn't? I thought they had solved that problem, but it was an issue at least when VTL first started.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak
Does one have a middle name and the other one doesn't? I thought they had solved that problem, but it was an issue at least when VTL first started.
I don't use a middle name and the thing is the page where I downloaded the QR code shows my name exactly as I entered. I guess if I am determined, I can decode the QR code and find out what it is stored. But right now I just contacted their support and seek help.

Although it seems PCR test can be replaced with ART. I am not sure how strict they are with "Antigen Rapid Test (ART) result administered by a trained professional". They all ask us to do rapid test on our own now.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by work2fly
Could someone else confirm this is true?

We're looking to visit The Philippines in June, and spend a few days either before or after in Singapore. We have found great flights to and from Singapore on JAL, and planned to buy separate tix on SQ to and from The Philippines.

I was checking the guidance online and couldn't figure out if this was doable under the current rules, but definitely noted Japan wasn't VTL. Any idea why?

Obviously rules may change between now and then, but we'd prefer to book something permissible now and hope the rules don't change for the worse.

Thank you in advance.
Yes it's true, Japan is NOT a VTL country. You cannot fly USA-NRT/HND-SIN. You must fly a VTL flight into Singapore. (assuming you are going as a tourist under VTL)

You can however fly home SIN-NRT/HND-USA
work2fly and crackjack like this.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 10:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by crackjack
Technically, you must isolate until you get a negative on the test result.
Sure, but in theory the results should take 15 minutes; you'd have your results by the time you get to your hotel to drop off your bags. For a 16 hour layover I presume most people would want to have access to a hotel room.

There seems to be a Raffles center in terminal 3 that does arrival tests, though there's not good information about it that I can find.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by Doppy
Sure, but in theory the results should take 15 minutes; you'd have your results by the time you get to your hotel to drop off your bags. For a 16 hour layover I presume most people would want to have access to a hotel room.

There seems to be a Raffles center in terminal 3 that does arrival tests, though there's not good information about it that I can find.
​​​​​​The T3 Raffles is listed as a "VTL OAT" centre but the hours will only be suitable for some flights. If arriving on a long flight, I would just go to the hotel (or home in my case) and book the new video supervised test.

crackjack likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.