Rules / Procedures for VTL passengers in Singapore

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rules / Procedures for VTL passengers in Singapore

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2021, 5:34 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
They call your mobile or hotel room?
The hotel room.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 8:53 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
Two questions:

1. I currently have a booking LHR-SIN-MEL on 1 ticket with SQ. I am connecting immediately between flights at SIN. Do I need to comply with both Singapore and Australian PCR test requirements?

2. An alternative option I can see available is to leave LHR a bit earlier to fly First Class, but that means arriving SIN at 1800hrs and departing the next day at 1030. So I would need to stay in a transit hotel. Are transit hotels open airside and how does that affect the testing/quarantine requirements?

I was vaccinated in HKG and have the HKG vaccine certificate, but I also registered it with France for the EUDCC so not sure whether it is better to show one document over the other.
Old Nov 29, 2021, 1:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
I have a question for you all about the proof of vaccination. I received both Pfizer shots at a CVS in Texas. I have my CDC card plus a PDF download from cvs.com showing my name, birthdate, vaccine dates, lot #s, etc. Will that do? I have read the proof of vaccination and I'm not sure if that will do since it isn't "signed". Singapore says that it will accept (for US):
  1. Physical vaccination record and a letter signed by the state, local health authority or vaccination provider to attest to the passenger’s vaccination status. The attestation letter should contain:
    1. the passenger’s name and at least one other personal identifier such as the date of birth or passport number corresponding exactly with the information in the passenger’s passport used for entry into Singapore;
    2. the name of the vaccine administered for each dose; and
    3. the date when each dose was administered.
Old Nov 29, 2021, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by JNelson113
I have a question for you all about the proof of vaccination. I received both Pfizer shots at a CVS in Texas. I have my CDC card plus a PDF download from cvs.com showing my name, birthdate, vaccine dates, lot #s, etc. Will that do? I have read the proof of vaccination and I'm not sure if that will do since it isn't "signed". Singapore says that it will accept (for US):
  1. Physical vaccination record and a letter signed by the state, local health authority or vaccination provider to attest to the passenger’s vaccination status. The attestation letter should contain:
    1. the passenger’s name and at least one other personal identifier such as the date of birth or passport number corresponding exactly with the information in the passenger’s passport used for entry into Singapore;
    2. the name of the vaccine administered for each dose; and
    3. the date when each dose was administered.
isn’t CVS a smart health network provider so the QR code should be enough?
JNelson113 and Cryofern like this.
Old Nov 29, 2021, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by myperks
isn’t CVS a smart health network provider so the QR code should be enough?
Will check, thank you!

EDIT: I looked and CVS does indeed provide a QR code which should be enough to get in! YAY!

Last edited by JNelson113; Nov 29, 2021 at 9:12 pm
Old Nov 30, 2021, 8:59 pm

Programs: UA
Could I transit via SIN, arriving on a VTL flight and fly out on a different ticket/airline? I have no intention of passing immigration. I assume SIN would still be very efficient and helpful in transferring my baggage to my next flight.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 10:23 am

Just saw this: https://onemileatatime.com/news/sing...erm=2021-12-05

You will now have to test much more frequently if visiting Singapore, even if on a VTL flight.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 2:07 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by JNelson113
Just saw this: https://onemileatatime.com/news/sing...erm=2021-12-05

You will now have to test much more frequently if visiting Singapore, even if on a VTL flight.
Although mostly self-testing at least, and not horrifyingly expensive. One bogus test though...
Old Dec 7, 2021, 4:37 am

Originally Posted by a5un
Could I transit via SIN, arriving on a VTL flight and fly out on a different ticket/airline? I have no intention of passing immigration. I assume SIN would still be very efficient and helpful in transferring my baggage to my next flight.
You'll probably have to make sure that it's an approved transfer route first.

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s...ugh-singapore/
Old Dec 7, 2021, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by flyingbubbles
You'll probably have to make sure that it's an approved transfer route first.

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s...ugh-singapore/
This whole transit requirement was pre-VTL. With VTL, can't we assume that arriving passengers are starting their travel from SIN and not a transit passenger?
Old Dec 7, 2021, 9:21 pm

They page shared by flyingbubbles is updated by SQ on 6 Dec. You should expect that transit must be on the listed airlines and on the same ticket, per the last note in that screenshot.

Last edited by crackjack; Dec 7, 2021 at 9:30 pm
Old Dec 8, 2021, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by crackjack
They page shared by flyingbubbles is updated by SQ on 6 Dec. You should expect that transit must be on the listed airlines and on the same ticket, per the last note in that screenshot.
This sounds weirdly ineffective. If someone arrives on VTL flight, couldn't he/she spend a few hours pass immigration waiting for test result, then collect their luggage and check in to the next flight again?
Old Dec 8, 2021, 10:42 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
This sounds weirdly ineffective. If someone arrives on VTL flight, couldn't he/she spend a few hours pass immigration waiting for test result, then collect their luggage and check in to the next flight again?
After immigration (and PCR test) you are supposed to go straight to a hotel to quarantine. Result can take up to 12-24h to arrive and you must wait for them to go out.

Given these hard rules, the notion of a VTL transit is hard to implement. You can't just wait airside for the test -- and I would not recommend it anyway lest you wanna risk spending 24h in a quarantine room possibly full of pax.
Old Dec 9, 2021, 3:48 am

Yup, the VTL rules only state a traveller is exempt from the follow-up tests (see clause 5), not the initial PCR test + self-isolation: https://safetravel.ica.gov.sg/vtl/conditions. You agree to these conditions in the VTL approval application, so it seems no quick-entry and departure would be possible.

SIN might previously have allowed check-in airside (and retagging of bags even if only tagged to SIN at your origin), but today’s scenario is not like it was.

You can always try it (and let us know), but I don’t really see where there’s any wiggle room on this…
Old Dec 21, 2021, 9:43 pm

Important VTL update here: https://safetravel.ica.gov.sg/vtl/re...bQyfIDSYULAndo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.