FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-510/)
-   -   Rules / Procedures for VTL passengers in Singapore (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore/2056446-rules-procedures-vtl-passengers-singapore.html)

puchong Oct 22, 2021 7:19 pm

Rules / Procedures for VTL passengers in Singapore

For passengers who enter Singapore through the VTL, once you have cleared immigration and got a negative test result for your arrival PCR Test, are you free to change hotels any number of times? Are there any other restrictions that one should be aware of?

maalloc Oct 23, 2021 8:38 am

ICA FAQ (https://safetravel.ica.gov.sg/vtl/faq) does not state such a limitation. Once you get your negative PCR result, you should be free to roam.

Topcare Oct 26, 2021 5:10 am

Well people vaccinated in Ontario out from travel to SIN.

I'm starting get frusteed by the me me me me and our system our system our system. FfS.

Somewhat ironic is that most fully vaccinated people from SIN have been allowed to travel to Canada since Sept. 7. Oh well. Must be lots of people from nunavut going to SIN. Sorry, but this is a clown show.

My respoonse"We are sorry to inform that the Province of Ontario could not be verified as an issuer for your SMART vaccination certificate.

Digitally verified and authenticated proof of vaccination is a key safeguard of the Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL). All applicants are required to upload digitally verifiable vaccination certificates, which were issued in any VTL country/region, to apply for entry into Singapore via the VTL.

Currently, we are able to accept the following digitally verifiable vaccination certificates:
We are doing all that we can to start accepting digitally verifiable vaccination certificates by other issuers, and hope to share more details soon."

JWo Oct 26, 2021 7:29 pm

I understand the frustration. If you are able to obtain an EUDCC from a EU VTL Country (eg. France or Switzerland - both these countries verifies and issues EUDCCs to visitors) you could still use that QR code to obtain approval. See the thread on the EU Certificate on how to proceed with the VTL application using an offline process if you have an EUDCC from FR or CH (due to a QR code issue). Otherwise you can try your luck with VaccineCheck (if your vaccine regime consists solely of Pfizer or Moderna (and not Astra)).

Topcare Oct 27, 2021 7:14 am

Originally Posted by JWo (Post 33677890)
I understand the frustration. If you are able to obtain an EUDCC from a EU VTL Country (eg. France or Switzerland - both these countries verifies and issues EUDCCs to visitors) you could still use that QR code to obtain approval. See the thread on the EU Certificate on how to proceed with the VTL application using an offline process if you have an EUDCC from FR or CH (due to a QR code issue). Otherwise you can try your luck with VaccineCheck (if your vaccine regime consists solely of Pfizer or Moderna (and not Astra)).

Many thanks. Extrodinary COVID theater to use my Ontario code to get another code. Will give it a go but yet another absurd hurdle.

Topcare Oct 27, 2021 8:45 pm

Swiss rejected my Ontario code. Maybe try the other provider. If they accept CDC cards might work. What a f ing joke. Then again, we still have rules here that made sense in March 2020 but are nonsense with large vaccine numbers. Further cements my views that political people are generally technically illiterate and lazy and incompetent.

scrappydog Oct 28, 2021 1:48 pm

I am flying on all VTL countries except one where I transit DOH. Unsure whether it follows the same rule where I am entering Singapore via VTL. I only need to transit on landside, would it be covered by the same restrictive rules (negative PCR, insurance, PCR on arrival, etc.) Just need to get my bags and check-in to another flight.
answer: have to follow all vtl rules as if i am exiting and visiting singapore.

puchong Nov 7, 2021 1:44 pm

Is a PCR test mandatory upon landing on a VTL flight from a non-Cat I country?

I ask because this government site states that one may be asked for a test. [See Paragraph 2 On Arrival Tests]

In any case, the arrival tests are a rip-off @ S$160 each, whereas in town they cost from S$127-S$133

bpk6h Nov 7, 2021 6:40 pm

That webpage only covers standard arrivals not VTL arrivals. The VTL page on the ICA site is clear on the matter.

Topcare Nov 8, 2021 7:44 am

Had confirmation that any QR code from any Canadian province will work. It is a manual application.

AZ112 Nov 8, 2021 10:12 am

I've received now an Email from the safe travel office. It seems like they will accept also antigen tests for arrivals from 11 nov.

(d) undergo a COVID-19 Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) or Antigen Rapid Test (ART), within 2 days before the scheduled departure time of his/her flight, at an internationally accredited laboratory, clinic or medical facility, and obtain a test result certificate in English stating the following: ....

That's a great news for me. Where I live a PCR is very much expensive rather than an antigen. Also have results on weekend days for a PCR is very difficult instead of the ART.

Zorak Nov 22, 2021 7:44 pm

Got my arrival test result in under 4 hours this morning :tu:

EDIT: just got a call from a nice person at ICA/CAAS verifying that I was in fact isolating in my hotel room. And I said well, it happens that I am, but also I got my negative test result a while ago. And they said oh, great, in that case enjoy your visit to Singapore. I guess if I hadn't answered, they would've then taken the time to actually look up my test result, but still kinda amusing to think about...

UA_Flyer Nov 23, 2021 5:49 am

Originally Posted by Zorak (Post 33751446)

EDIT: just got a call from a nice person at ICA/CAAS verifying that I was in fact isolating in my hotel room. And I said well, it happens that I am, but also I got my negative test result a while ago. And they said oh, great, in that case enjoy your visit to Singapore. I guess if I hadn't answered, they would've then taken the time to actually look up my test result, but still kinda amusing to think about...

I experienced the same call when I was in Singapore earlier this month. I had turned my phone on silent and missed the call. They contacted me by email asking me to respond within a certain time frame which I did. I then promptly got an email that verification is completed. This was all done before my negative result was out.

UA_Flyer Nov 23, 2021 5:50 am

I experienced the same call when I was in Singapore earlier this month. I had turned my phone on silent and missed the call. They contacted me by email asking me to respond within a certain time frame which I did. I then promptly got an email that verification is completed. This was all done before my negative result was out.

kirkwoodj Nov 24, 2021 10:17 am

They call your mobile or hotel room?