Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The infamous JFK-FRA SQ25 Route

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2011, 11:29 am

Programs: Marriott Gold
I understand if you are flying in Business you use the LH business lounge. Is there enough time to shower during the FRA stop? If not, will I be able to use the silverkris lounge in SIN as an arrivals lounge or will I have to use the Priority Pass one?
Old Nov 21, 2011, 1:09 pm

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by tomcat007
I understand if you are flying in Business you use the LH business lounge. Is there enough time to shower during the FRA stop? If not, will I be able to use the silverkris lounge in SIN as an arrivals lounge or will I have to use the Priority Pass one?
Assume they don't allow lounge access during 1 hour layover/connect in FRA? They don't in SIN on LH for routes like CGK-SIN-FRA that have single flight number
Old Nov 21, 2011, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by anandrag
Assume they don't allow lounge access during 1 hour layover/connect in FRA? They don't in SIN on LH for routes like CGK-SIN-FRA that have single flight number
I suppose I should have been clearer

2 questions –

1) Do I have enough time to shower during the FRA layover?

2) Do I get access to silverkris lounge on arrival or do I need to go to the Priority Pass lounge ( I have the card)
Old Nov 21, 2011, 7:58 pm

2 questions –

2) Do I get access to silverkris lounge on arrival or do I need to go to the Priority Pass lounge ( I have the card)
I gather from the sequence of your questions, you're going east, on SQ25 (it's not completely clear, which may be why the previous poster answered for a westbound itinerary)? If I have that right, then a) with the current schedule, which has 1'50" at FRA, you should have time to shower unless your arrival is late; b) the SK lounges at SIN are departure lounges only.....no arrival shower there.
Old Nov 27, 2011, 10:49 am

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold

2 questions –

Am on SQ 25 tonight. Layover in FRA is 110 minutes (landing 10 AM and leave 1150 AM).

There is no SK lounge in FRA. Can use LH Business or Senator Lounge (dependng on elite status)
Old Dec 3, 2011, 9:58 pm

Programs: their are many of them
Originally Posted by Bitterroot
Interesting....I'm on SQ25 the Jan 14th....................

I am actually now on SQ 25 on Jan 14th award seat opened up and second to last flight on the 747. I was able to get seat

Last edited by TWAB747nomore; Dec 4, 2011 at 2:35 pm
Old Dec 3, 2011, 11:16 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
And I am on SQ 25 on Jan. 16 - the inaugural JFK-SIN A380 flight.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 2:36 pm

Programs: their are many of them
Originally Posted by nov11
Congrats
Old Dec 4, 2011, 11:37 pm

Programs: Enough to travel better
I might be in LA during that week so it will be tough to end my tradition of flying SQ 25 747-400 service. We'll see. I can't confirm as of this moment.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by nov11
Good for you! Destroy the Krug supply on board to help celebrate!
Old Dec 5, 2011, 9:03 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
Good for you! Destroy the Krug supply on board to help celebrate!
Except that I will be in C not R
Old Dec 6, 2011, 12:23 pm

Yea you'll def need to shower after the flight even if it's a quick rinse. As a backup plan though, the bathrooms are decent in FRA esp the handicap stalls towards the AA corridor if you'll need to change clothes.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 12:25 pm

[QUOTE=tomcat007;17492758]I suppose I should have been clearer

You'll def need to shower after the flight even if it's a quick rinse. As a backup plan though, the bathrooms are decent in FRA esp the handicap stalls towards the AA corridor if you'll need to change clothes.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 2:42 pm

Are the showers in the FRA LH business lounge a self-contained unit with a toilet and shower in one room? Or, do you have to go to two seperate areas of the lounge?
Old Dec 14, 2011, 3:52 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Are the showers in the FRA LH business lounge a self-contained unit with a toilet and shower in one room? Or, do you have to go to two seperate areas of the lounge?
About 10 days ago, I used the shower in the B terminal SEN lounge during the SQ26 stopover. This was NOT self-contained. Arrival was slightly late from SIN but I still had sufficient time. Not ample, but sufficient. Luckily there was no wait, but this was Sunday morning which I imagine is usually quiet. I had to ask multiple times before finding this lounge. FRA is very confusing. The security to get back on the flight to JFK was very slow even for those in F.

On a separate matter pertaining to SQ25/26 and other flights with stopovers...

I was offered a choice of seat 4A or 4F only, apparently due to the fact that no other seats were free for both legs. My boarding pass read SIN-JFK. How do they handle the situation where no seats are available for both legs? I did seem to have the option of moving to 2A at FRA, but didn't bother. It seemed a shame to confuse the FAs who had arranged my left-behind PJs, etc, in my old seat. (I was offered and accepted a second set anyway.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.