Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

minimum connecting time at Changi Airport

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

minimum connecting time at Changi Airport

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2018, 4:06 pm

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Assuming you are on SQ on one-through ticket?

In which case, 90 minutes is plenty of time, even if you do need to get from T3 to T2. There is a small chance the FRA-SIN flight will arrive at T2. SQ do often have staff at the gate for connecting passengers if the inbound flight is late.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by jbfield
Assuming you are on SQ on one-through ticket?

In which case, 90 minutes is plenty of time, even if you do need to get from T3 to T2. There is a small chance the FRA-SIN flight will arrive at T2. SQ do often have staff at the gate for connecting passengers if the inbound flight is late.
Yes SQ on one ticket. Thanks! I feel much better about this super long journey now.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 6:48 pm

Programs: Krisflyer Gold, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jbeans
Yes SQ on one ticket. Thanks! I feel much better about this super long journey now.
That is a long journey! Even if your inbound flight is significantly delayed there are a lot of flights to DPS and SQ will put you on one of them.
Have a great trip! Bali is wonderful.
jbeans likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 10:57 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
I will be arriving on TK from IST at 17:15 T1 connecting to T4 Vietnam Airlines at 20:25 on separate tickets. No checked luggage. Likely will need to check in with VN in SIN. Is 3 hrs enough time to connect? What if I was to have checked luggage, would there be enough time?

Last edited by tobegold; Mar 29, 2018 at 11:22 pm
Old Mar 30, 2018, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by tobegold
I will be arriving on TK from IST at 17:15 T1 connecting to T4 Vietnam Airlines at 20:25 on separate tickets. No checked luggage. Likely will need to check in with VN in SIN. Is 3 hrs enough time to connect? What if I was to have checked luggage, would there be enough time?
Without checked luggage, 1 hour would be sufficient to get from T1 to T4.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 2:36 am

Programs: UA 1K (Million Miler). AA Gold (lifetime 1 Million). TK Elite Gold
Arriving from LAX into SIN on UA at 06.55; connecting to SQ to RGN at 07.55. No luggage and *A Gold. Separate tickets on UA stock. Knowing that this will be tight, does this meet Changi MCT? Thanks.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 6:19 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by cagcag
Arriving from LAX into SIN on UA at 06.55; connecting to SQ to RGN at 07.55. No luggage and *A Gold. Separate tickets on UA stock. Knowing that this will be tight, does this meet Changi MCT? Thanks.
MCT only applies to connections - i.e. between flights on a single ticket.

1 hour is tight but doable on a single ticket. Very risky on two tickets.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 5:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Very risky indeed. Just a 10 min delay will mean you missing the flight and having to buy a new one. I am sure there aren't many daily flights to RGN too.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 10:10 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Like others have said it’ll only be doable if the UA flight doesn’t arrive late. Both flights are in T2 and the security check is at the gate. Just make sure you do OLCI for the SQ flight, and print/save the BP if possible.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 5:20 pm

Programs: Qantas,Singapore,United,Virgin Australia,
Hi all, in December we’re travelling BNE-SIN-KIX, with checked luggage. It’s all on one SQ ticket, but we arrive in SIN at 00:10 and depart to KIX at 01:30, which gives us 80 minutes to transit. I know this shouldn’t be a problem for us passengers even if we have to transit terminals, as long as our BNE flight is on time. But I’m wondering if this is enough time for our checked luggage to get from our BNE-SIN flight to our SIN-KIX flight? Any thoughts or experiences would be appreciated. Thank you!
Old Jul 7, 2018, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
SIN is a very efficient airport. Shouldn't be any issue at all.
fred_bear likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by Jenny Mason
Hi all, in December we’re travelling BNE-SIN-KIX, with checked luggage. It’s all on one SQ ticket, but we arrive in SIN at 00:10 and depart to KIX at 01:30, which gives us 80 minutes to transit. I know this shouldn’t be a problem for us passengers even if we have to transit terminals, as long as our BNE flight is on time. But I’m wondering if this is enough time for our checked luggage to get from our BNE-SIN flight to our SIN-KIX flight? Any thoughts or experiences would be appreciated. Thank you!
Agreed with last post. There won’t be any issue with this connection time, barring any delays to arrival but the window here is you could probably be delayed by 30-35 mins and still make connecting flight with time to spare.
fred_bear likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 6:47 pm

Thank you!
Old Jul 7, 2018, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by onlysuites
SIN is a very efficient airport. Shouldn't be any issue at all.
Originally Posted by Mlee888

Agreed with last post. There won’t be any issue with this connection time, barring any delays to arrival but the window here is you could probably be delayed by 30-35 mins and still make connecting flight with time to spare.
Thank you both!
Old Jan 11, 2019, 11:47 am

Programs: british airways
Hello all, in oktober SQ 361 from Stockholm arriving at 06:20 going with SQ241 to Sydney 7:10
So i have 50 min conecting time, SQ says it is sufficient.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.