Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Book the Cook 2005 - 2019

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2018, 11:31 am

Programs: A3, AC
Bump. Has anyone flown SQ876 and ordered BTC? Anything worth ordering for a first time SQ J flyer?
Old Apr 9, 2018, 10:19 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Originally Posted by cyralax
Bump. Has anyone flown SQ876 and ordered BTC? Anything worth ordering for a first time SQ J flyer?
SQ876 is a morning flight which means that you can only BTC Breakfast selections. Usually I will check what is offered in the flight, and if there is nothing I fancy, I will go with the BTC local fare - Nasi Lemak.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 9:03 pm

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
Here is an excellent BTC Wiki (with pictures) that is maintained on an excellent ex-SIN based miles website.

Please feel free to contribute user-submitted photos if you have any for entrees offered on SQ F and J:

Singapore Airlines Book The Cook Wiki - The MileLion
Old Apr 22, 2018, 3:50 pm

I am flying JFK-FRA-SIN-HKG Tuesday night and it I logged in to adjust one of my BTC options at the last moment (thanks to this forum!) it seems to have reverted all my meal options back from BTC to a generic INFLIGHT MEAL...anyone ever see this?
Old Apr 22, 2018, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by SLINKYTRAVEL
I am flying JFK-FRA-SIN-HKG Tuesday night and it I logged in to adjust one of my BTC options at the last moment (thanks to this forum!) it seems to have reverted all my meal options back from BTC to a generic INFLIGHT MEAL...anyone ever see this?
Same problem, I’m flying tomorrow morning.

There seems to be new choices for BTC so I guess this has screwed things up. I’m wondering if even my existing choices will be available once I board. Approaching the 24 hour mark now.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 7:03 pm

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Originally Posted by Mlee888

There seems to be new choices for BTC so I guess this has screwed things up. I’m wondering if even my existing choices will be available once I board. Approaching the 24 hour mark now.
Similar problem here too. I have an upcoming flight later this week and it is showing as "Inflight Meal". When I select BTC dish, it will go back to the main screen. However, I do receive an email informing me that the meal choice has been selected.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by Mlee888

I just got off the phone with Singapore (US number 1-800-742-3333) and they said their internal systems are down. All your previous orders are still in and good but if you added and/or made any adjustment during the time the systems were down (started earlier today and is not yet resolved) in the BTC system I would suggest manually calling and put them over the phone.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by hclee01
Similar problem here too. I have an upcoming flight later this week and it is showing as "Inflight Meal". When I select BTC dish, it will go back to the main screen. However, I do receive an email informing me that the meal choice has been selected.
I managed to switch choices by calling SQ in the end. No confirmation when I try to do myself but yes, I also went back to main screen.

The new choices for BTC seems to send everything out of sync. SQ did tell me existing choices aren’t affected.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 12:29 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
I know this is the master thread for “Book the Cook” but it’s hard to go through every single page. I’m leaving out of HKG, so many of the options people suggest are only out of SIN. Does anyone have any suggestions for BTC on HKG-SFO? The lobster thermidor is an option, but something about eating lobster on an airplane does not sit well with me. In the past I have selected some type of Indian dishes like chicken tikka masala, but I don’t see that as an option, and I’d like to try something else.

As I’m looking at the selections out of HKG, nothing particularly sticks out at me. Right now I selected the panfried Lamb rack with mustard rosemary. Anyone have a suggestion on this specific route they know of is good?

Last edited by NWplatinum; Apr 23, 2018 at 12:38 am
Old Apr 23, 2018, 12:47 am

Hello, is US grilled beef fillet and 6 oz. rib-eye steak a good choice? I'm flying off from Singapore, so, I have a variety of choice, please suggest me other option if the 2 meal I listen is not good
Old Apr 23, 2018, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by SLINKYTRAVEL

I just got off the phone with Singapore (US number 1-800-742-3333) and they said their internal systems are down. All your previous orders are still in and good but if you added and/or made any adjustment during the time the systems were down (started earlier today and is not yet resolved) in the BTC system I would suggest manually calling and put them over the phone.
Yes, I ended up doing this and managed to get it updated here. Luckily I made it just before the 24 hour deadline.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by Gayli Bee
Hello, is US grilled beef fillet and 6 oz. rib-eye steak a good choice? I'm flying off from Singapore, so, I have a variety of choice, please suggest me other option if the 2 meal I listen is not good
Both are decent. My current favourite dish is the nut seared veal, although the last time I had it, it wasn’t as good. Will give it one more try this week.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 2:02 pm

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Aside from the lobster thermidor, does anyone have any recommendations for flights originating out of HKG?
Old Apr 24, 2018, 8:49 am

Recent lobster thermidor ex LHR
Very tasty.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 5:40 am

Tried scrolling through every page of this thread to no avail, so apologies if this has been answered in the past (first time in F so total newbie) -- if I do BTC in F out of SIN, can I also order the kyo kaiseki from the in-flight menu? Flight is SQ12 (lunch service), kaiseki sounds amazing but also would love to do BTC. Thanks so much!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.