Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Book the Cook 2005 - 2019

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2018, 9:45 pm

Programs: A3, AC
Have a flight on SQ876 from Sin to TPE in about a month. Breakfast is served on this flight. Any point in ordering BTC? Never flight SQ J before. Options are Dim sum, fish congee, grilled burger, nasi briyani, nasi lemak, poached egg, waffles & bread(...?). Can't seem to find anything online about what's served on this flight either.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 5:19 pm

Programs: United, AA, KrisFlyer
Originally Posted by 355F1
I booked a LAX-SIN-HKT flight in F about a week ago for November travel.

There isn't a Book The Cook under meal options like there was last time we flew this route in J.

Do they not let you order 8 months in advance? Or will they maybe have changed the menu by then?
I’m interested in the same thing. Flight booked in J SFO-HKG-SIN-HKG-SFO for late October. I have an email message in to KrisFlyer asking when the Book the Cook options open. Right now, it simply has an apology that the system is down.

Also, does anyone have experience with the dishes ex-SFO and have recommendations?
Old Mar 30, 2018, 10:31 pm

Programs: SQ KF
Originally Posted by CaliforniaSteve

I’m interested in the same thing. Flight booked in J SFO-HKG-SIN-HKG-SFO for late October. I have an email message in to KrisFlyer asking when the Book the Cook options open. Right now, it simply has an apology that the system is down.

Also, does anyone have experience with the dishes ex-SFO and have recommendations?
Hi CaliforniaSteve,

I've emailed KF the exact same question, and it is because they haven't loaded the menu in yet for those flights and sectors (it rotates).

The minimum you can set your BTC meals is three months prior to your flight(s).

Sorry, no, I don't have any experience ex-SFO.

Last edited by 9VSKI; Mar 30, 2018 at 10:31 pm Reason: Spelling
Old Mar 31, 2018, 6:21 am

Programs: United, AA, KrisFlyer
Thank you very much!
Old Apr 1, 2018, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by CaliforniaSteve

i just did SQ1 and 2 this week.

SQ1 is a supper service, slightly reduced from full service which you will get on SQ2.

i ordered the steak which was pretty good, food service all complete within 90 mins after take off so I slept around 3am San Fran time.

The breakfast was a weak choice on BTC so I went for the dim sum on board which I could view within a month of departure.

The BTC for HKG-SIN was also breakfast, so two breakfast services. I went for chicken and scallop congee. This was delicious. In fact after trying this I regret not having this before in the past ex-HkG during breakfast hour flights.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 11:37 pm

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Originally Posted by 9VSKI

The minimum you can set your BTC meals is three months prior to your flight(s).
Not sure if it's station specific, but I was able to BTC about 6 mos. out. Does it depend if it's an award vs. a revenue tix?
Old Apr 2, 2018, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990
Not sure if it's station specific, but I was able to BTC about 6 mos. out. Does it depend if it's an award vs. a revenue tix?
I had access to BTC more than 8 months out on an award ticket.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 9:56 am

Nasi Lemak or Beef rendang

hi! I am booked for J class from Singapore to Beijing . Which is a better option for brunch? Nasi Lemak or Beef rendang or would you recommend something else please? Thank you!
Old Apr 4, 2018, 9:58 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Originally Posted by Flyingfox79
hi! I am booked for J class from Singapore to Beijing . Which is a better option for brunch? Nasi Lemak or Beef rendang or would you recommend something else please? Thank you!
I find the quality of the Nasi Lemak to be nice. However, my personal preference is still Prawn Chicken Laksa. Unfortunately, this dish is only available for flights above 4 hours. As such, you may wish to try this dish as well if you are into local fare and you can eat spicy food.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by hclee01
I find the quality of the Nasi Lemak to be nice. However, my personal preference is still Prawn Chicken Laksa. Unfortunately, this dish is only available for flights above 4 hours. As such, you may wish to try this dish as well if you are into local fare and you can eat spicy food.
thank you! The lamb shank Indian style also sound nice! Ahhh choices!
Old Apr 4, 2018, 11:03 pm

I had the lamb shank few weeks ago. Ugh, no meat at all! Strike that one off of my list.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 1:17 am

I really did not enjoy the Beef Rendang about a week ago - portion of the beef rendang was tiny, and the taste was just not up to scratch.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by stargold
I really did not enjoy the Beef Rendang about a week ago - portion of the beef rendang was tiny, and the taste was just not up to scratch.
thank you! Hmm so wonder if I should go for the Nasi Lemak then? Can’t go wrong with that I guess?
Old Apr 5, 2018, 9:32 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN

thank you! Hmm so wonder if I should go for the Nasi Lemak then? Can’t go wrong with that I guess?
I think when it comes to the local dishes, local feedback may be the least realiable... LOL Because we have our biases based on the stalls or styles we prefer.

I've had the BTC Nasi Lemak and I'd really rather get one from the local market. My 'favourite' is the same as hclee, I recommend the laksa - if anything you get some nice fat prawns out of the dish.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 1:35 am

Programs: SQ KF
Hi Avid,

Sorry for the late reply, only saw this now.

I wouldn't think so, because you'd end up driving many high KF mile customers away once they found out the reason.

It just wouldn't make sense, no benefit for SQ to be had.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.