Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Book the Cook 2005 - 2019

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2018, 3:36 pm

Programs: EVA Silver, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire, BW Diamond Plus
This is what I see when I click into manage booking-> Select Meals. The view inflight menu clicks into a popup that shows the inflight selections
magnus.ant likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 3:54 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Gold
Originally Posted by justmexp
This is what I see when I click into manage booking-> Select Meals. The view inflight menu clicks into a popup that shows the inflight selections
Thanks a lot. Then I presume it's just not ready yet - 5 weeks ahead.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 5:34 am

Originally Posted by magnus.ant
Thanks a lot. Then I presume it's just not ready yet - 5 weeks ahead.
Perhaps they’re updating the menu for a new quarter starting in April?
Old Mar 7, 2018, 8:48 am

My flight at the end of this month has the "view inflight menu" link, but when I click on it it turns gray and says no inflight menu available.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 8:55 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Originally Posted by jbeans
My flight at the end of this month has the "view inflight menu" link, but when I click on it it turns gray and says no inflight menu available.
It happened a couple of times for me in the past as well. My upcoming flight to and fro TPE on the last week of this month is not available too. I may well just book the cook in case the main menu has nothing to my fancy.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 3:29 am

Programs: HH Dia;SPG Plat;Marriott Plat;GHA Black
newbie question, I have a SQ 634 SIN-HND flight departing 13:55 and arriving 21:50 at the end of April.

When I go to book the cook selection in Manage Booking, it is only showing option for Lunch.
Since the flight will arrive quite late in the evening, shouldn't it also have a dinner service also?
Old Mar 15, 2018, 6:02 am

My flight is in 4 days and the inflight menu can't be displayed!
Old Mar 16, 2018, 9:24 am

Book the Cook: Prawn and Chicken Laksa Business Class

Book the Cook – Prawn and Chicken Laksa
Rice noodles in a rich, coconut cream seafood gravy with prawns, chicken, fish cake, deep-fried beancurd and bean sprouts

Old Mar 16, 2018, 9:26 am

BTC ex-SIN Char Siew Wanton Noodle Soup First Class

Book the Cook – Char Siew Wanton Noodle Soup
Honey-roasted pork, shrimp and pork dumplings on noodle in a savory clear broth
#A popular local fare dish

chrisny2 likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 4:08 pm

Hello guys, just want to check for 7 hours flight only able to select 1 meal, does SQ offer inflight menu that able to order more food? I'm flying Business Saver SIN - HND
Old Mar 16, 2018, 10:19 pm

Programs: Krisflyer
Originally Posted by Gayli Bee
Hello guys, just want to check for 7 hours flight only able to select 1 meal, does SQ offer inflight menu that able to order more food? I'm flying Business Saver SIN - HND
You didn't say what time/flight... If there's only one meal listed on the website then there is going to be one meal. Some SQ overnight flights offer the choice of dinner or breakfast (in these cases the BTC menu will list a mix of breakfast and dinner items, obviously); if there's food to spare you can have both. For SQ636 there is dinner, no breakfast (as far as I recall) but it was a fairly substantial meal including cheese course. The cabin crew may be able to provide you with a bit extra if you ask early on.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by Gayli Bee
Singapore Airlines always only serves one hot meal on these flights between Singapore and Japan, and the crews are pretty flexible with time of serving the meal. The only exception is an 7-8am departure which features a hot breakfast after departure and then a light refreshment prior to arrival. On overnight flights, they will feature the "sleeper" service and you can search this thread for more information. If the inflight menu lists only one meal, that means there is only one meal.

Carfield
shevboyz likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 9:21 am

Flying J this coming week from LHR - SIN & return the following week.

Was thinking about these options below. Has anyone got an idea what is best or what to avoid from the choices
LHR - SIN
  • Beef Fillet ( I like mine medium rare and understand it will come medium at best)
  • Chicken Biryani
  • Beef Short Rib
  • Lamb Cutlets
SIN - LHR
  • Grilled Angus Beef Burger
  • Chicken Lamb Satay
  • Seared Lamb Loin
  • Seared Nut Veal Fillet
Old Mar 19, 2018, 12:58 pm

Trying the "Nakji Bokkeum" Korean Stir-fry octopus on an upcoming flight from ICN-LAX! Wish me luck!
Old Mar 29, 2018, 9:38 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
I booked a LAX-SIN-HKT flight in F about a week ago for November travel.

There isn't a Book The Cook under meal options like there was last time we flew this route in J.

Do they not let you order 8 months in advance? Or will they maybe have changed the menu by then?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.