Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Book the Cook 2005 - 2019

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2018, 9:39 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Silver, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Just booked a flight for June 2019 and the link to select a meal for Book the Cook is grayed out. I assume this is because the flight is too far out and the selection period hasn't opened yet? Does anyone know how far in advance you can select your meals?
Old Jul 20, 2018, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by 9volt
Just booked a flight for June 2019 and the link to select a meal for Book the Cook is grayed out. I assume this is because the flight is too far out and the selection period hasn't opened yet? Does anyone know how far in advance you can select your meals?
Which flight did you book as not all routes have BTC available. I’ve managed to book as far out as 10 months before so should be there for selection if BTC is available.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 4:08 am

Just checked the website and seems to be a problem with BTC, I can’t change or select for any flights either to US or to Europe for later in the year.

Old Jul 21, 2018, 2:46 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Silver, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Mlee888
Which flight did you book as not all routes have BTC available. I’ve managed to book as far out as 10 months before so should be there for selection if BTC is available.
This was on the upcoming LAX-SIN route. Maybe the flight is too long for a BTC option? I'm stumped.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 3:08 pm

Programs: United
This was on the upcoming LAX-SIN route. Maybe the flight is too long for a BTC option? I'm stumped.

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/u...s-los-angeles/

Here's the menu!
Old Jul 22, 2018, 6:58 pm

Have you checked the website? I logged in yesterday and updated BTC for same route for next April. A few days ago I couldn’t update for a flight next month or the month after so there’s definitely been a few problems on the website.

Old Jul 22, 2018, 7:13 pm

For anyone taking a morning flight out of HKG and has option to BTC, I recommend the Chicken Congee. It’s probably the best BTC option I’ve had in a long time!
Old Jul 23, 2018, 9:22 am

Programs: United
I had their non BTC shrimp and shrimp ball congee on SQ1 out of HKG and it was also excellent!

Prawn Ball & Shrimp Congee - SQ 1 HKG-SIN Breakfast - Business
Old Jul 28, 2018, 5:27 am

Programs: SAA, DL, BA, UA, IHG, SPG
Has anyone ordered lobster recently out of SIN in First/Suites? I know there's been a lot of talk about it, however, the SQ website shows me contradictory information. On the ex-SIN First/Suites menu, it lists the Boston Lobster Thermidor as a whole lobster, with the Classic not even making an appearance.

When selecting my meal inside of my PNR though, it lists the Boston Lobster Thermidor as a lobster tail, and the Classic Lobster Thermidor as a Western Australian Lobster on the half-shell. Does anyone know what to expect with either option, or if either is still good? I've seen both sides of the spectrum in my searches.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by elephentravels
flying SIN - MEL - WLG, what would be the best BTC to pre-order?
I ordered the Lobster Thermidor in J on this route earlier this month. Pretty good.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 11:15 am

I have an upcoming flight from SIN to EWR. For some reason the menu has not been loaded, despite three months to the inaugural flight ...

Is this due to the fact that this is a new flight?

Old Aug 1, 2018, 11:19 pm

Programs: CX Diamond / SQ Gold / Bonvoy Platinum / Hyatt Globalist / Hilton Gold
Just booked HKG-SIN-AMS for May 2019.
I guess there's no Book the Cook for HKG-SIN

But when I enter into "Manage my booking", there's no place for me to select Book the Cook meals for SIN-AMS and AMS-SIN?

Am I missing something or is it too early to select meals, as my flight is 9 months away?

Thanks!
Old Aug 2, 2018, 12:04 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by Psychiatrist
Just booked HKG-SIN-AMS for May 2019.
I guess there's no Book the Cook for HKG-SIN

But when I enter into "Manage my booking", there's no place for me to select Book the Cook meals for SIN-AMS and AMS-SIN?

Am I missing something or is it too early to select meals, as my flight is 9 months away?

Thanks!
The site says that BTC is available from HKG.

While some posters above reported being able to select BTC 10 months out. For our SIN-KIX flight in Feb 2018 I was not able to select it until Dec 2017. We have another SIN-KIX flight in Feb 2019 and right now I cannot select BTC, but I'm not going to worry about it until about 3 months before the flight.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 7:43 am

Programs: Krisflyer
I find it inconsistent. I suspect they have planned menu changes on certain dates and this can mean anywhere between maybe two months and more than 6 months depending on which side of the scheduled change one's flight falls.

If you do book far ahead, make sure to check back a week or so before flying. I recently had it that they changed the naming of one of the lobster thermidor dishes for F and my BTC reverted back to inflight menu. It was only when I went on to have another look at the inflight menu that I discovered the cancellation of my order.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 5:41 am

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
I amazed folks are so keen to pick their meals 9mths out. I can't even decide what I want to eat tomorrow.
BamaGirl likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.