Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Book the Cook 2005 - 2019

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2018, 3:21 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Originally Posted by AUJeep
Thanks for that. Guess since it's their only flight from EWR?
They haven't started that flight yet so my guess is that they will add BTC to EWR in time.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 9:03 am

Programs: Not stuck with an Alliance anymore, Star gold, OW Saph
Thanks just choose the Black cod for my incoming Sin- Bkk flight and was a litle worried....after your post seems a good choice
Old Sep 19, 2018, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Last week had the following on JFK - FRA - SIN:

JFK: Char Siew Wonton Soup

FRA : Lobster Thermidor

Soup was pretty good, lobster was terrible. Thankfully the caviar was on point
Old Sep 19, 2018, 8:19 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Was the Lobster really bad, or was it the wine pairing?

The soup looks nice.
poopbunny likes this.

Last edited by knit-in; Sep 19, 2018 at 8:32 pm
Old Oct 18, 2018, 4:07 pm

I'm flying SQ22 soon and was wondering if the Ribeye and Chicken & Lamb Satay are good choices?
Old Oct 18, 2018, 10:42 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by knit-in
Was the Lobster really bad, or was it the wine pairing?

The soup looks nice.
From the pic it looks to me like the lobster was REALLY dry (beyond overcooked) - was that the problem?
Old Oct 18, 2018, 11:08 pm

I"m flying suites out of SYD. Does anyone know what the Japanese Meal consists of?

Thanks
Old Oct 24, 2018, 1:03 am

Programs: IHG Spire Elite Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Aegan Gold, British Airways Bronze
F SIN-HKG
I think there's an option for Shi Quan Wei Mei in the inflight menu which looks tempting but I'm also tempted by the Lobster Thermidor.

If I book the Lobster Termidor as it's only the main, can I still enjoy the side dishes, cold appetizer and desert from the Shi Quan Wei Mei Menu?

Also, I heard that the Lobster Thermidor is sometimes available in the private room? If that's the case, I could just eat it there?

EDIT: Also, what is the difference between the Classic and Boston Lobster Thermidor? And finally how is the Kyo Kaiseki on this route (having lived in Kyoto for a long time, I'm very picky when it comes to Japanese food)

EDIT: Read all of the thread, I'll have the kyo kaiseki since I can always order the Lobster Thermidor next time I fly in business class. So might as well try something I can't have otherwise.

Last edited by milgom; Oct 24, 2018 at 9:21 pm
Old Oct 24, 2018, 9:05 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Titanium
Rookie question for SQ and book-the-cook.

SIN-HKG in J with a 08:30am departure. I am assuming that all book-the-cook options ex-SIN are available irrespective of the morning departure time?

And what does the phrase "Inclusive of breakfast service"? This option is only available for breakfast or it can be paired with regular, non book-the-cook breakfast service onboard?
Old Oct 24, 2018, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by YVRtoYYZ
SIN-HKG in J with a 08:30am departure. I am assuming that all book-the-cook options ex-SIN are available irrespective of the morning departure time?
No. Where the meal served is breakfast then you can only choose the BTC items marked "inclusive of breakfast service".

And what does the phrase "Inclusive of breakfast service"? This option is only available for breakfast or it can be paired with regular, non book-the-cook breakfast service onboard?
It means that this choice is available for breakfast.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 6:59 am

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Rookie question for SQ and book-the-cook.

Wording is confusing. I was able to order a non-breakfast item but the whole BTC menu was not available to chose from. They advised an email confirmation of my choice. Don’t know if that’s routine or not. I took it. Not sure how helpful it would be at 37K feet, though, if meal not boarded. After all this effort, the BTC mains were very disappointing. I consoled myself with the egg sandwiches in the lounge. 😌
Old Nov 12, 2018, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by Mister Nice
Anyone have the lobster noodles out of LHR ? Have an upcoming LHR-SIN in F and trying to decide between lobster noodles and lobster thermidor - any advice is appreciated ! Thanks
Did you have the lobster noodles? If so, how was the dish?
Old Nov 14, 2018, 2:01 am

To answer my own question. When btc is listed as Japanese meal. It is the kaiyoseki (out of non sin origins).
Old Nov 28, 2018, 8:53 pm

Has anyone recently flown J class from IAH to SIN, and can recommend any of the meals? What does the seafood thermidor consist of?

Old Nov 29, 2018, 2:49 am

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by milgom
F SIN-HKG
And finally how is the Kyo Kaiseki on this route (having lived in Kyoto for a long time, I'm very picky when it comes to Japanese food)
Don't know if this too late, but I've had Kyo Kaiseki SIN-NRT in F and it was "OK." Some of the dishes were nice and imaginative, others were terrible (the beef in this was cooked well done and was dry and chewy).

Conclusion: If it was "OK" for me, a non-JP resident, I doubt it would be any better for you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.