Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Book the Cook 2005 - 2019

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2018, 6:06 am

What's the norm on when inflight menus post? BTC has been available for my 9/22 flight for many months but no sign of the inflight menu just yet.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 4:05 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by kpottermn
What's the norm on when inflight menus post? BTC has been available for my 9/22 flight for many months but no sign of the inflight menu just yet.
Without telling us your route (or flight number), nobody can answer what you should see for your 9/22 flight.
Looking for anything outside the BTC menu (here)?
If you must eat a specific meal, and can BTC, then BTC is the way to go!

FYI, I have several flights on SQ in September, and this is what I see.
CGK-SIN-HND Economy - No menu shown (apologize bla bla bla)
KIX-SIN Economy - No menu shown (as above)
SIN-CGK First - BTC, and also No menu shown (apologize bla bla bla)
Old Aug 8, 2018, 11:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG / Marriott GLD, HHonors GLD
Originally Posted by demue
I did a Lobster sampling a while back on SIN-FRA-JFK. Had lobster in the TPR, as first meal from SIN and as first meal from FRA. Interestingly, the lobster from FRA was the biggest, juiciest and best tasting one (very good) while the one from SIN was just okay. TPR lobster was in between.
Is the prevailing wisdom to order the thermidor from Frankfurt instead of from Singapore still?

And is there a substantial difference between the boston and classic ex FRA?

First time flying SQ and the F BTC options for SIN-FRA-JFK are overwhelming to say the least
Old Aug 18, 2018, 1:57 pm

Is the lobster no longer available on BTC out of Frankfurt? I can't see it on the BTC menu, but it definitely was there at least a few months ago.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 1:09 am

Programs: NH SFC *G (ex SQ PPS/QPP)
Any suggestion on what BTC option to choose on FRA-SIN and SIN-HND in J?

On SIN-HND I normally go with the Japenese Meal but curious if I should try something else.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 3:39 am

Hong Kong Singapore BTC

Any one had the grilled fillet of beef with shallot tarragon sauce ? Is this a better option or should I rather go with Beef Tenderloin in XO sauce.
I will be traveling in November 2018.

Also, any idea when the Inflight menu will be made available online? At present, that option is greyed out (unavailable ).
Anyone has flown that sector and chosen from the inflight menu. My flight is SQ891 which has lunch service. What sort of options are available in the inflight menu?
Old Aug 22, 2018, 12:22 am

BTC Available for HKG-SIN

Originally Posted by Psychiatrist
Just booked HKG-SIN-AMS for May 2019.
I guess there's no Book the Cook for HKG-SIN

But when I enter into "Manage my booking", there's no place for me to select Book the Cook meals for SIN-AMS and AMS-SIN?

Am I missing something or is it too early to select meals, as my flight is 9 months away?

Thanks!
I am booked on SQ for November 2018.BOM-SIN-HKG , HKG-SIN and SIN-BOM.
BTC is available for SIN-HKG, HKG-SIN and SIN-BOM and have booked the same.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 4:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Lobster thermidor SIN-BKK. It was quite tasty and definitely more appealing than the brunch menu items on board. I'd order again.
endet and Abyssin like this.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 8:27 pm

Programs: MileagePlus
Hi, I'll be flying SQ288 (SYD-CBR-SIN) in early November in J class. I would like to Book the Cook.
Any recommendations from the below options? What's your favorite?
  • Grilled Beef in Green Peppercorn Sauce
    • Grilled beef in green peppercorn sauce with seasonal vegetables and gratin potatoes
  • Seafood Thermidor
    • Seafood thermidor with buttered asparagus, slow-roasted vine-ripened tomato and saffron rice
  • Salmon in Wild Lime Butter Sauce
    • Tasmanian salmon in wild-lime butter sauce with steamed green beans and pasta
  • Roast Duck Rice
    • Cantonese roast duck with plum sauce and steamed rice
  • Indian Lamb Shank Curry
    • Indian lamb shank curry with vegetables and pilaf rice

Thank you!
Old Sep 8, 2018, 2:10 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
In my upcoming SIN-HKG-SIN flight, I noticed that for the regular meal menu, there is an option for you to select it. Does that mean that we can preselect it and we will have to take that meal on-board the flight?

Old Sep 9, 2018, 11:09 pm

Is the halibut in lime sauce, or salmon with Mississippi rice, any good out of FRA?
Old Sep 13, 2018, 1:35 pm

Anyone have the lobster noodles out of LHR ? Have an upcoming LHR-SIN in F and trying to decide between lobster noodles and lobster thermidor - any advice is appreciated ! Thanks
Old Sep 17, 2018, 9:39 am

Programs: AA Platinum
Anybody traveling on SQ21(EWR-SIN) on 10/14 been able to see BTC options yet? I can see the inflight menu options, but no pre selections available yet. TIA
Old Sep 17, 2018, 2:17 pm
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by AUJeep
Anybody traveling on SQ21(EWR-SIN) on 10/14 been able to see BTC options yet? I can see the inflight menu options, but no pre selections available yet. TIA
BTC not available from EWR.

BTC Available from ...
Old Sep 17, 2018, 3:09 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Thanks for that. Guess since it's their only flight from EWR?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.