Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Book the Cook Business Class Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2017, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by dkjb3t4
How would you rate those entrees?
Sorry...to clarify, I haven't eaten them yet. Those are just my selections from the same menu. I fly in December.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 4:51 pm

Programs: SPG, Marriott, United, SWA, AA
How far out can you book your meals? I have HKT-SIN. 3+ hour layover and then SIN-IAH in J.

The second leg (SQ 52) does not leave SIN until 2am and that is after a 3+ hour layover. Not sure what food will be available in Changi during my layover that late so i am wondering what they will serve, if anything, right after takeoff that late? Is it a snack or full meal, and are there things one can get in between if one is hungry? I am a pretty big/frequent eater and if i can not sleep I will want to eat! Will I go hungry? Its a long flight. Sorry this our first experience with SQ and also the longest flight by far we have ever done.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 8:33 pm

Programs: Krisflyer
I've done SIN-JNB (departs 0210) and there was the option of a meal shortly after take off. It was just a single course, as far as I recall, but a very substantial one (I couldn't finish it). There was still plenty of food in the lounge before I boarded the flight. I don't remember whether other snacks were available during the flight.

As for how far ahead you can BTC, usually about 6 months. But the in flight menu isn't available until about one month before the flight.
1readyset2go likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 10:57 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Has anybody tried the "Wholesome Indian Style Pistachio Lamb Chops" as a J class BTC meal?
bluemeansgo likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by transportprof
Has anybody tried the "Wholesome Indian Style Pistachio Lamb Chops" as a J class BTC meal?
Yes I've had it twice - it's very nice, filling and the lamb has been of good quality. Both times were ex-SIN. I can post a picture later in the next 24 hours.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by Singapore_Air
Yes I've had it twice - it's very nice, filling and the lamb has been of good quality. Both times were ex-SIN. I can post a picture later in the next 24 hours.
Thanks! I'm also taking a flight ex-SIN, so this sounds promising.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 1:18 am

I recently booked and had Japanese Soya Beef. It's usually a favorite of mine, but that meal last week ex-SIN was just awful. My husband's lobster seemed to be fine since he finished it off without even offering me to try. Time for me to find a new favorite. Pistachio Lamb will be the next to try.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 9:50 pm

Programs: IHG Spire | Marriott Plat | UA Plat | AA Plat Pro
I wish that the BTC for SQ 2's second meal is more than just the congee... haven't tried it but does anyone recommend it since I'm not looking forward to having cereal and fruit for 'breakfast' (when it's actually evening in SFO and it really should be dinner).
Old Nov 28, 2017, 1:24 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, Hilton Gold, Best Western Diamond, SPG Gold
Anyone has a quick suggestion for my upcoming J trip to Bali. It will be for breakfast.

Inflight menu is
  • Cheese OmelettePan-fried veal sausage, grilled tomato, mushrooms and roasted potatoes
  • Balinese Fried Rice with Chicken and Vegetables
  • Singapore Fried Carrot CakeA hearty traditional dish of fried savoury radish-rice flour cake with prawns and pickled turnip
BTC menu is Fish Congee, Dim Sum, Beef Burger, Nasi Bryani, Nasi Lemak, Poached Egg.

I will be travelling with my +1, so I will need to choose for her too.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 5:49 pm

Thanks! I'm also taking a flight ex-SIN, so this sounds promising.
Sorry for the delay:

Old Dec 3, 2017, 9:42 am

I just had the Veal on SQ8 and it was fantastic! Will definitely have this again.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by Singapore_Air
Sorry for the delay:

Looks tasty! ^
Old Dec 3, 2017, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by Mlee888
I just had the Veal on SQ8 and it was fantastic! Will definitely have this again.
What kind of veal? It will help to find this among the many BTC menu options.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by TravelwhileyouEat
I wish that the BTC for SQ 2's second meal is more than just the congee... haven't tried it but does anyone recommend it since I'm not looking forward to having cereal and fruit for 'breakfast' (when it's actually evening in SFO and it really should be dinner).
As an Asian, I prefer congee before landing...it's very comforting. I don't want dinner; it's too heavy after a long flight. I love having congee or big bowl of noodles/soup after a flight.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 12:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Mlee888
What kind of veal? It will help to find this among the many BTC menu options.

1. I am curious why there are 2 separate Book the Cook threads. It seems to me it would be easier if it were all in one place. In the main BTC, people post menus and photos along with questions. In this thread, there are questions about recommendations, but it seems overlap as well.

2. The main BTC thread, FTers have posted photos of their meals. I posted photos of mine from March-April 2016, August 2016 and most recently November 2017. The April 2016 post had a photo of the veal.

These are the pages, not the individual posts are there is more than one.

April 2016
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sing...thread-33.html

Aug 2016
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sing...thread-40.html

November 2017
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sing...thread-60.html

3. I would also be great if, in a single thread, FTers posted not just "I flew SQ1" but also the route. Many who visit this forum do not know the routes for every flight number and often ask "What's served on SQ SIN-TPE" kind of questions.

According to the Singapore Air website, on departures from SIN, the veal is described as:

Thanks in advance
aeroman380 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.