Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

SQ Suites Saver Redemption to be available - New updated Award Chart

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SQ Suites Saver Redemption to be available - New updated Award Chart

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2012, 2:50 am

Originally Posted by Cruiser Elite
Great news indeed and there is indeed availability 1 seat/flt.

Today booked 2 x OW F Savers MEL-SIN-HKG - suites on both legs - 63K pts + A$302 - fabulous.
?
You confirm that theres only 1 seat per flight and then state you booked 2 seats on 2 flights. Please explain how to get around the 1 seat / flight restriction.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by infamousdx
What's interesting is that they're supposed to switch back to A380 on March 24 or 25? I just booked 2 First awards for March 25 and it booked them on a 777. Here's to hoping my sister and bro-in-law get into the suites! ^
The switch occurs on 3/26, so I wouldn't bank on it
Old Nov 30, 2012, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by OptionsCLE
The switch occurs on 3/26, so I wouldn't bank on it
I found my information here, but I'm not informing them of such so it'll be a nice surprise should it happen.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 1:08 pm

Programs: QFF, Krisflyer
Originally Posted by Cruiser Elite
Great news indeed and there is indeed availability 1 seat/flt.

Today booked 2 x OW F Savers MEL-SIN-HKG - suites on both legs - 63K pts + A$302 - fabulous.
Was that with a stopover in SIN? If so how did you do that with a Saver? I want to the same as yourself with a stopover in SIN and am having to book 2 seperate Saver trips for a total of 95K.

If yours is not a stopover is there anyway to book like you did a fee for a stopover as opposed to an extra 31K points?

Last edited by spizzy; Nov 30, 2012 at 1:14 pm
Old Nov 30, 2012, 8:57 pm

Programs: QF SQ VA CX DL UA PR MH MU
Originally Posted by spizzy
Was that with a stopover in SIN? If so how did you do that with a Saver? I want to the same as yourself with a stopover in SIN and am having to book 2 seperate Saver trips for a total of 95K.

If yours is not a stopover is there anyway to book like you did a fee for a stopover as opposed to an extra 31K points?
No stopover my friend - and I did not inquire as to stopover.

I need to be in PEK on Mar 29 and PVG May 5 respectively. I can get F Saver on 773 ex MEL connecting with 77W into PEK and PVG - or I can take Suite Saver on 380 MEL-SIN then Suite Saver SIN-HKG - yes I must buy additional flt HKG-PEK/PVG but thats cool - MEL-SIN-HKG Suite Saver 63,750 is a bargain IMHO.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 8:59 pm

Programs: QF SQ VA CX DL UA PR MH MU
Originally Posted by Catch23
?
You confirm that theres only 1 seat per flight and then state you booked 2 seats on 2 flights. Please explain how to get around the 1 seat / flight restriction.
Sorry if I mislead you - no I only booked 1 x Suite Saver on 4 different flts.

It appears once 1 x Suite Saver redeemed per flt then you must book Standard Suite redemption to get 2 Suites on same flt.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 2:28 pm

Programs: QFF, Krisflyer
Thanks Cruiser Elite for the clarification. I agree it really is a bargain that I can see being used by everyone as soon as more people are aware of it.

Just hope the service doesn't go down in the Suites if they are all full, they start cost cutting due to all the redemptions (ie. no more Dom, etc) and SQ doesnt pull the Saver awards on these seats.

However the fact that as you said there is only 1 Saver seat available per flight could alleiviate this anyway.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 3:29 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hh Gold, NH*G, SPGP, SQ-CC
Now this makes more sense.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 11:27 am

I find SQ's decision kind of ridiculous -- one Saver award R for each A380?? SQ's biz reasons for doing this are transparent: (1) biz travelers don't redeem awards for biz trips (2) leisure travelers usually don't travel alone, so (3) these saver awards are likely for travelers with a ridiculous mileage bank (1 saver, 1 standard R award = roughly 500k miles) or can afford to purchase at least one R ticket for leisure travel (1 saver, 1 $14k ticket). Or a third option: they are for any spouses who accompany a spouse on a biz trip.

SQ should have at least 2 saver awards. I know they used to have none, but that was as useful to me as having just one.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 7:11 pm

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Booked SQ25 JFK>SIN this Friday in Saver Suites. I travel alone on my own nickel and have a lot of miles so this is a nice change. Understand though how it would not be so useful for others.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 8:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by flyerguySF
I find SQ's decision kind of ridiculous -- one Saver award R for each A380?? SQ's biz reasons for doing this are transparent: (1) biz travelers don't redeem awards for biz trips (2) leisure travelers usually don't travel alone, so (3) these saver awards are likely for travelers with a ridiculous mileage bank (1 saver, 1 standard R award = roughly 500k miles) or can afford to purchase at least one R ticket for leisure travel (1 saver, 1 $14k ticket). Or a third option: they are for any spouses who accompany a spouse on a biz trip.

SQ should have at least 2 saver awards. I know they used to have none, but that was as useful to me as having just one.
What a rant. The first ticket is a cheap saver and the second is a regular standard award for twice the price. Bottom line that is 150% for two tickets in Suites over the old F saver award. So what?

I have travelled Suites alone for leisure more than once...
Old Dec 4, 2012, 9:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by 5khours
Booked SQ25 JFK>SIN this Friday in Saver Suites. I travel alone on my own nickel and have a lot of miles so this is a nice change. Understand though how it would not be so useful for others.
That's great news. Saver Awards are now indeed also available for LAX/SFO/JFK. They were blocked in the beginning and only Standard Awards were available.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 11:05 pm

Programs: FSPP, Impresario, Prive, Virtuoso
Originally Posted by SMK77
What a rant. The first ticket is a cheap saver and the second is a regular standard award for twice the price. Bottom line that is 150% for two tickets in Suites over the old F saver award. So what?

I have travelled Suites alone for leisure more than once...
Definitely agree.

Better paying 270,000 miles from SIN-USA rather than 2 million miles in Suites one way!
Old Dec 5, 2012, 2:33 am

Originally Posted by flyerguySF

Talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth...
Old Dec 5, 2012, 3:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by 5khours
Using UA miles?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.