Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

No email notification of upgrades or schedule changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 3, 2023, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2019, 4:01 pm
Original Poster

I thought I used to get emails when I cleared off the wait list for upgrade (into BF, now Polaris) , or when there was a schedule change rerouting me in some way. But I've been cleared off four wait lists and dealt with two schedule changes, for which I had to call UAL and get put back on previous routing (FRA, SYD), and I got only one notification for all of these. Is this the new pattern?
Old Jul 15, 2019, 4:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
I did not get an email on my Polaris upgrade for my flight today.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
I don’t receive emails if upgrade clears within 24 hours of travel.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 5:06 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
I don’t receive emails if upgrade clears within 24 hours of travel.
Same here. However, I was more annoyed of not getting an email when we were booked in Economy (originally we were in the bulkhead two seaters) and our pmUA 772 was switched to a Polarized version: United plopped me in a middle seat. My wife did notice at T-48 that the seat next to her was empty.......
Old Jul 15, 2019, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
I was regularly receiving clearance emails up until about sometime last month or the month before and then all emails have stopped. I know there was a toggle in United.com preferences somewhere to enable email upgrade notifications but have been unable to find that option any more.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 6:16 pm

Programs: SkyPesos -> MVP Gold 100K
it's been 50/50 for me, sometimes I get them, sometimes I don't. It doesn't matter if it's within 24 hours or outside of it.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 6:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
I rarely get notifications of any kind from United.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 6:28 pm

I logged in and low and behold i had a major flight change and i was not notified. Was on cmh-sfo-nrt. Got changed to cmh-den-sfo-nrt with 45 minute layovers in den and sfo. Ughhhhh no thanks... apparently the cmh flight got canceled (nov 1) but is available every other day. Im now booked through newark. Also no thanks. But i guess it will get me there and allow me a few extra minutes in newark to get a bite to eat and relax
Old Jul 15, 2019, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've not received any emails — CPU or sked change — regarding flights other than the wifi/power/entertainment one since April. I haven't had a waitlisted upgrade clear so not sure what would happen then.

As I posted in the CPU email thread, I know some people do still receive emails (including sked, which I didn't note there). But I don't for some reason.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 11:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I rarely get notifications of any kind from United.
Given the types of notifications United likes to send lately, consider yourself lucky.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31280174-post53.html
Old Jul 16, 2019, 8:20 am

quick ? about notifications for flight schedule changes

There have been two minor schedule adjustments in our ORD-DEL flight in January. Its been about 10 minutes difference but I saw this only when I looked online for our flight whereas in the past I would get email notification but no more. Any ideas why?
Thank you.
Larry
Old Jul 17, 2019, 10:08 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Just the other day I happened to notice my 6AM DFW-SFO flight was cancelled and they put me on a later flight, giving me an hour (instead of 3) to connect to the morning SIN flight.
No email notification, no "schedule change" notice in red....Nothing.
When I called to change my flights the agent said it was changed over a month ago.
(Luckily she cleared UG space for me on both flights without any arguing or begging on my part)
Old Jul 19, 2019, 2:31 pm
Original Poster

I don't mind quite as much not getting notified of upgrades --- although it would be nice --- but it's a pain when an itinerary is significantly changed with no notice.
Aussienarelle and Lynnie_Bee like this.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 2:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, MR Titanium
I stopped getting upgrade emails 6 weeks ago. I like them because I know to choose a seat.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 2:48 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
I had a flight be significantly changed (and create quite a mess because the rebooking system couldn’t decide what to rebook me on, so it rebooked me on two different flights apparently) both ways within 48 hours of booking. No email, only my usual viewing of reservations did I found out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.