Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Maldives REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2013, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: razflyer
Best Weather
http://www.holiday-weather.com/maldives/

High season/low season
High season: December to April
Staying for free
30,000 Hyatt points per night (Cat 7)
This is a Suite Award Ineligible Property" and a free upgrade is unlikely unless you are a Globalist and the resort has low occupancy.

Paid Upgrades For October 2021
Pool Villa: $200++
Deluxe Pool Villa: $400++ (with direct view of beach, just 3 villas)
Water Villa: $500++
Ocean Pool Villa: $700++ (with small 6ft x 6ft plunge pool)
Two Bedroom Pool Villa: $1,000++

These rates fluctuate depending on high/low season.

Globalist Benefits
  • Complimentary upgrade to Park Pool Villa subject to availability.
  • Late checkout at 1600 hrs.subject to availability.
  • Breakfast: Order two main dishes off the menu along with water, juice and coffee. You also have access to the buffet which consists of breads, sweets, cheeses, cold cuts, cereals etc.
  • Sundowner- 1 free cocktail (from a limited cocktail menu) & canapes, daily between 5pm and 7pm (August 2016)
  • Complimentary Management cocktails on Saturdays from 06:30 pm to 07:30 pm
  • 15% off cocktails and wine (by the glass)
Excursion and Diving Costs
January 2022: See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33815708-post4161.html
Also see https://www.experienceparkhyattmaldives.com/ under 'Experiences' and 'Diving'

Tip: Pre-book diving activities online before arrival for 10% discount (May not be applicable anymore).
Tip: Boat 2-tank day will have to be on day following Orientation Dive (required by law for all divers. Typically done the first full day at 10am; a short in-water abilities test followed by a tank dive on the house reef.)

Spa Menu and Costs

Free Stuff
Snorkle gear for duration of your stay (masks, snorkel & fins)
Use of glass-bottomed kayaks
Back-of-the-house tour
Yoga several days a week

Dining Menu and Costs
Menus (click on specific restaurant, packages under "The Dining Room"): https://www.experienceparkhyattmaldi...t-in-maldives/
Breakfast (current as of Jan. 2022): for those who do not have status/do not have breakfast included in their rate, the options are a la carte items at ~$12-$20 apiece, and juices at ~$6-$8. Or you can order the buffet for $40, which includes two a-la-carte items, the buffet, and drinks.

Transfers and Costs
Domestic flights are operated by Maldivian Air and waiting times may vary from a minimum of 1 hour to a maximum of 4 hours.
The shortest flight from Male Domestic terminal to Kooddoo Domestic Airport is ~55 minutes and the longest flight takes ~1 hour 45 minutes due to a stop over in Kadhdhoo Domestic Airport.

A scenic and short speedboat journey of approximately 30-40 minutes (weather dependent) will follow as the final stretch of the journey to our island.
Any last minute name changes on domestic flight ticket are subject to a fee levied by the Maldivian Air. All such changes will be charged at the rate of USD 100 net per person.The exact flight timings are released two days before departure, but tend to be around these times:
  • Arrivals (Departure from MLE) : 10:30-11:00, 12:00, 13:40, 17:30hrs and last flight at 23:30
  • Departures (Departure from Kooddoo) : 0545hrs, 0800hrs, 1130hrs, 1530hrs and last departure at 1830hrs
Cost (Jan 2021): USD $520 round-trip/adult, $475/child, $175/infant - paid before you arrive via cc authorization form

Luggage restriction
Transfer prices include the baggage allowance of 32 kg per passenger (20 kg is the domestic airline allowance and 12 kg will be covered by The Resort as a courtesy service) and hand luggage of 5 kg per passenger. Excess baggage will be charged and is subject to space availability and terms and conditions of the Air Carrier.

Map of the resort
Best Villas
Water villas: Generally the higher number the better. #51 is the most private
How to save money during stay
Have late breakfast (breakfast is free for all guests except if you are redeeming points), skip lunch, and only pay for dinner
The Saturday free cocktail social (manager's reception) is at 6:30pm
Bring family?
This resort is not orientated for children. No kids club, pool is not suitable for young kids, and you will need to pay the transfers for each child, and plenty of PDA.
That said, some families have loved their experience here. http://travelsort.com/blog/park-hyat...hadahaa-review. If you bring children the Hyatt does provide sitting service for $20/hour.

Also note that the resort charges $250 per child age 3 and up per night (even if the child does not require an extra bed). Only kids 2 and under are free. http://travelsort.com/blog/park-hyat...a-bed-fee-ever
Wifi
As at January 2022, the resort's wifi speed is 10-12Mbps.
Tipping
The management views employees as each part of a team, with no one more important to the hotel's success. No one wants to order room service if the groundskeeper or housekeeper has not created an inviting place to enjoy it for instance. So employees share equally the 10% service charge added into everything, including the room charge. Tipping beyond that is not necessary, but at your discretion. Unlike the service charge which is shared with all employees on the entire property, if you choose to add additional gratuity to the bill for a meal or an activity, that money is shared amongst employees of the department responsible for that meal or service (e.g. additional gratuity on a dive center bill will be shared amongst those employees, while additional gratuity on a Dining Room bill will be shared amongst the food service employees). Employees are also allowed to keep cash tips that they receive directly. Employees are rewarded with trips and other gifts when their outstanding service is brought to management's attention. A great way to reward a good employee is by letter to management.
See this post which provides more details http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22508516-post1525.html
Ipad App
There is an Ipad in each room that has an app with a lot of useful / interesting information. If you have an Ipad, you can search & download the app for: Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa. It doesn't work on an iPhone due to the page size. Some info may be out of date or missing, so check with the resort.
Property Email
Park Hyatt versus other Maldives resorts

Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt Maldives REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2017, 8:36 pm

Programs: CO
Can anyone give me their experience with tipping at the hotel. It appeared as service charge was added to meals, so I assume no tipping there. What about the host and house keeping? If you did leave a tip did you use local currency or USD? Thank you for the feedback.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 9:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by markpappai
Can anyone give me their experience with tipping at the hotel. It appeared as service charge was added to meals, so I assume no tipping there. What about the host and house keeping? If you did leave a tip did you use local currency or USD? Thank you for the feedback.
The 10% service charge is suffice. House keeping and host is up to you. I gave $5/day for housekeeping and to the host basically gave $100usd (actually gave $800 HKD because we had hkd and was going to HKG afterwards and host was actually flying to HKG a day after we left to go on her vacation).
Old Apr 24, 2017, 10:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
This has come up before and many people were on both sides. I take care of the people that take care of me and since we are returning for our 4th visit later this year, we like to show our appreciation in the form of cash tips. For us that includes the host, housekeeping, and our favorite F&B staff. We have known some of the staff for the last 6 years and I would say that tipping is totally not required to get their best service but it is one way to show appreciation.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 10:25 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
So close to completing my review (sadly, it's taken a year)
... but finally composed my room tours:

Old Apr 27, 2017, 11:32 pm

Programs: *A
Looking at redeeming some of my chase points for a 3-4 night stay here at Hadahaa. Looks like a great resort. Will be the first time in the Maldives

I know its not a kid friendly resort, but I notice many resorts when booking a 3rd person into a room either wont let you, or charge a significantly high "extra bed fee"

When I add the room on Hyatt.com to my cart with my points it lets me go from 2 adults to 3 adults at no extra charge. Can anyone confirm this is correct? Has anyone successfully booked 1 room with points and 3 adults for no extra charge?

Of course I am aware that all 3 will have to pay the flight fee from MLE to the resort, as well as if we indulge in the AI package each day. I am referring to strictly the resort charges, or mandatory charge for an extra bed ( we wouldn't need an extra bed)

Thanks in advance, im getting excited to get this booked!

Great videos btw Joecool! Thanks for sharing.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 6:56 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by themadsupra
Looking at redeeming some of my chase points for a 3-4 night stay here at Hadahaa. Looks like a great resort. Will be the first time in the Maldives

I know its not a kid friendly resort, but I notice many resorts when booking a 3rd person into a room either wont let you, or charge a significantly high "extra bed fee"

When I add the room on Hyatt.com to my cart with my points it lets me go from 2 adults to 3 adults at no extra charge. Can anyone confirm this is correct? Has anyone successfully booked 1 room with points and 3 adults for no extra charge?

Of course I am aware that all 3 will have to pay the flight fee from MLE to the resort, as well as if we indulge in the AI package each day. I am referring to strictly the resort charges, or mandatory charge for an extra bed ( we wouldn't need an extra bed)

Thanks in advance, im getting excited to get this booked!

Great videos btw Joecool! Thanks for sharing.
We were 3 adults and one baby ine the room without a problem.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 6:58 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by zzrayzz
The 10% service charge is suffice. House keeping and host is up to you. I gave $5/day for housekeeping and to the host basically gave $100usd (actually gave $800 HKD because we had hkd and was going to HKG afterwards and host was actually flying to HKG a day after we left to go on her vacation).
Tipping is not required and our host was barely available, so surely he didn't get a tip. Anyhow IMHO $100 is way to much.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 8:08 am

Thanks for confirming that Peter.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 8:14 am

Also, maybe a little update for the wiki as far as room upgrades go. I emailed hadahaa about upgrade pricing and here is what they had to say

Please note 25,000 points per night is required for one night World of Hyatt award night and you will be based on Park Villa (our base category). Cash supplement as below are offered for the higher villa category upgrades,

- Park Pool Villa : USD 252.56 per night
- Park Water Villa : USD 498.96 per night
- Park Sunset Water Villa : USD 751.52 per night

Rates are subject to vary during high season and peak season
Old May 2, 2017, 1:46 am

My Maldives experience: (Highly suggest utilizing "Watch on youtube.com" and setting to 1080)

(Updated Video 5/3 with minor changes)

Last edited by joecool1885; May 3, 2017 at 11:08 am
Old May 2, 2017, 4:22 pm

A fantastic stay 3 years in the making (and an additional year to review)

Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa

Map| 8 Reviews | 63% Recommended

North Huvadhoo, Gaafu Alifu Atoll , Maldives MV

A fantastic stay 3 years in the making (and an additional year to review) (2 Photos)

The following is an excerpt from my full review at http://joeprotravel.com/days-thirteen-through-sixteen-part-1-park-hyatt-maldives-hadahaa-review/

Visit the above for 360 degree views (amateur version :-p), some videos of the rooms and grounds, and many more photos.

Ultimately this had been our dream for several years.  What's not to love about a tropical paradise secluded from the rest of the world and catering to your every need? We and I were happy with every aspect of our treatment, the service, and the food during our stay.

Even with 4 free nights, the bill was not cheap between transfer fees, upgrades, food and excursions.  But we don't regret the splurges in the least.

Check In

IMG_7553.JPG

Getting to the resort consisted of a plane ride from the main island to Kooddoo and then a boat over to the resort.  It wasn't cheap at $520 per person, but such is the cost of visiting the Maldives, and you'll find similar fees for transfers to other resorts there as well.  More detail about our transfer can be found on my previous post: Dubai to Park Hyatt Maldives Transfer Summary.

Our boat-hands helped us off the vessel we had taken in and handed us off to our personal host, Ahmeez. He introduced himself as the boat-hands loaded a buggy with our luggage. Then we were off down the jetty and across the sandy trail to our room. As we rode, Ahmeez explained to us that normally check-in would be processed at the resort Dhoni, but due to the time and the inclement weather, he would process it at our room.  He pointed out the wooden structure he was referring to as we went by: a building in the form of an upside-down boat.

We had booked a Park Villa for our first two nights, and were pleased to find we had been upgraded and assigned room 27, a Park Pool Villa.  This may have been as a general courtesy or because of my status as a Diamond member.  Either way, it represented a value of another $300, given that the cost difference between a Park Villa and Park Pool Villa is ~$150 per night.

Ahmeez led us into the room and handed us the  key. We then started the check-in process, which consisted of a general explanation of the island, locations of the restaurants, spa, and dive center, and verification of payment method. Ahmeez also showed us how to navigate the hotel provided iPad, which included menus, excursions, and other helpful information. He gave us the room layout, including where the minibar, water, light switches and outlets were.

He then demonstrated how to move the giant sliding panels that functioned as the room's curtains. We then reviewed our itinerary for our stay, talked safety procedures, and he left his cell number with us for whatever we needed.

Kim inquired about completing her intro dive the following morning prior to our first excursion.  He informed us that he would attempt to schedule it with the Dive shop.  Kim also queried whether the intro dive would transfer over to the Conrad Maldives, as it is Maldivian law even for certified divers to complete such a dive prior to any further diving. Ahmeez had never fielded that question and told us he would check with the dive shop on that as well.

Before he left, we requested that he replace the sparkling water with tap, he handed us our keys (actual keys!), and then he was off.

Room

1_IMG_7510.JPG

As noted above, we spent our first two nights in a Park Pool Villa, you can read more about that at my website (link listed above). After repacking on the second morning, we loaded up the buggy and took the trip to our water villa.  This villa cost us a $405++ per night upgrade fee.  But when in the Maldives, it'd be practically sacrilege not to try it.

Turns out we received another upgrade: to Park Sunset Water Villa #47.  The Sunset Water Villas are towards the end of the jetty and have a slightly less obstructed view, but I consider this a lesser upgrade than the one we received from the Park Villa to the Park Pool Villa, even if the cost differential is about the same.  Just a few years ago all the Water Villas were within the same category.  In my opinion, the only real upgrade among the Water Villas is to villa #51, which is at the end of the Jetty and has more privacy.  Nonetheless, the villa was terrific.

The room was practically the same size as our Pool Villa.  The most blatant difference was the layout and the view. Like the Pool Villa, this room featured a lounger and a chair with an ottoman.  The counter-area was situated at the back of the room behind the bed, while the TV was mounted directly in front of the bed.  Also like the Pool Villa, sliding panels closed the room off to the sun in front of all the sliding glass doors.

Around from the entrance was the bathroom, where a soaking tub sat in the perfect position to soak some sun.  As opposed to the wooden panels though, blackout curtains came down from the roof to shade the room from the sliding glass doors.

Along the back wall was a single super-sized cabinet-style closet, as opposed to the two smaller closets in the Pool Villa.  The bathroom sat closer to the bedroom, and the shower lay next to that.  Both the shower and toilet were in an airy-type room with a skylight to protect from the rain.

Outside the room, the day bed offered a place to lounge and enjoy the view and sun.  A ladder behind a gated fence made for easy snorkeling access.

The snorkeling around the room was terrific.  We saw a variety of fish, including a school of parrot-fish, and enjoyed the beauty of the reef.  I did find that an afternoon snorkel like the one we took upon arriving to the room offered a higher-tide, and thus more clearance between my stomach and the coral.  A second snorkeling attempt the following morning led to a close-call, my stomach nearly scraping the top of the reef.

Some people have noted that the temperature in the Water villas can become a tad uncomfortable, and that the A/C doesn't keep up as well as the Park or Pool Villas.  Ultimately we felt that the room could get a bit warm during the day, but nothing overbearing.  In the evening, the temperature was perfect.

A fantastic stay 3 years in the making (and an additional year to review)

Would you like to write a review on the Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old May 18, 2017, 8:50 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Will be travelling to this hotel in the coming weeks for our honeymoon. There is still availability of the Pool Villa so I'm expecting an upgrade as a Globalist. Any opinions on the villa number that we should definitely try to request? I want easy access to beach but with some seclusion.

Also, any of the dining experiences that someone suggests? I was thinking that I want to do a romantic dinner on the beach one night?
Old May 18, 2017, 10:35 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by cdancer20
Will be travelling to this hotel in the coming weeks for our honeymoon. There is still availability of the Pool Villa so I'm expecting an upgrade as a Globalist. Any opinions on the villa number that we should definitely try to request? I want easy access to beach but with some seclusion.

Also, any of the dining experiences that someone suggests? I was thinking that I want to do a romantic dinner on the beach one night?
I believe villa 25 is the best land villa which also happens to be a pool villa
Old May 18, 2017, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by cdancer20

Can't speak to the best one, but just posted a video (post #3274 ) of our Pool Villa #27 , and I felt it met those standards.
Old May 18, 2017, 2:06 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Thank you both. I was thinking of emailing ahead of time and requesting a specific villa.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.