Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2018, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by fassy
Funny enough, just go an invitation for a survey about the lounge quality at ARN for my 3rd August stay. Usually I do not participate in these kind of surveys, but this time I couldn't resist.... "how do you rate the food offerings?". Well, couldn't select 0, so went with 1 out of 10 and gave them a slightly redacted version of what I posted here as comment.

Probably won't make a difference.
No, it's the same as reporting to the Swedish police regarding theft/vandalism - you won't get any response even if you have a confession of the person who did it. However by reporting/participating at least your opinion will be reflected in the statistics.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 1:59 am

Well, no extra beach day! Even though today’s HEL-ARN was CityJet operated.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 10:31 am

For intra-Europe flights, it doesn't look like there's a way to get two carry-on bags with any Y fare, even by paying. Am I missing something? Is this enforced?
Old Aug 18, 2018, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by yerffej201
For intra-Europe flights, it doesn't look like there's a way to get two carry-on bags with any Y fare, even by paying. Am I missing something? Is this enforced?
How do you count two? Full size plus personal item, then allowed. Ful size times two, then only if you are connecting to long haul J.

There is no way to pay your way to a higher carry on allowance. Enforcement is limited in my experience, though there are stories from time to time. Mainly Heathrow and Arlanda Though I do wish airlines would enforce size and count much harder.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 10:04 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
You can pay for CBBG which allows you to bring large extra cabin baggage on board (like musical instruments).
Old Aug 21, 2018, 12:12 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by oliver2002
You can pay for CBBG which allows you to bring large extra cabin baggage on board (like musical instruments).
Should work to bring on board even the kitchen sink? If I bang on the sink, it may make “music”. Of course tastes in what constitutes music may vary.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 6:18 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Hey thhere,

I'll be flying DXB-ZRH-ARN on LX F and J and then (right after) on a seperate ticket ARN-ZRH on SAS Plus. (I will have 6 hours in ZRH and 4 hours in ARN, so I'm rather certain I will make that connection. But just in case, the ticket is flexible)
Now I have just found out that on European SAS Plus you only get one hand luggage. Horrific! Not even EBG or *G do get a second hand luggage?! Thta's straight out Blasphemy we got there!
I will be coming without checked bags (I will only have them checked from DXB to ZRH), but with two hand luggage and maybe one personal item(I can make sure that all of them are tagged as Hand luggage). What do you guys think are the chances that I have to check one at the gate? (One will be a small Rimowa suitcase, so there is no issue if I had to check it, but I'd rather hold on to it).

Looking forward to your insightful wisdom!
Old Aug 22, 2018, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I guess it depends on the sizes of the 2 pieces plus personal item you are coming with.

Normally SK is not strict on checking carry on, and chances should be pretty high for getting them all in to the cabin. But if your pieces are both oversized, the likelihood will drop.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think it depends on how full your flight is going to be. I had to gate check a carry on at LHR because the flight was full. They announced it at the gate to tell everyone to check-in their carry on.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 6:04 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I guess it depends on the sizes of the 2 pieces plus personal item you are coming with.

Normally SK is not strict on checking carry on, and chances should be pretty high for getting them all in to the cabin. But if your pieces are both oversized, the likelihood will drop.
Both are well in the size limits (I never had to check them ever so far). So I'm positive everything will be fine.

Originally Posted by nacho
I think it depends on how full your flight is going to be. I had to gate check a carry on at LHR because the flight was full. They announced it at the gate to tell everyone to check-in their carry on.
This shouldn't be an issue when I'm able to board as one of the first people, holding an SAS Plus ticket, right?
Old Aug 23, 2018, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nacho
LHR has at times been reported as being sticklers for this. But it does seem to be an outlier in the system.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
LHR has at times been reported as being sticklers for this. But it does seem to be an outlier in the system.
LHR is pretty pathetic about this - tried it both on BA and SK. I did have to gate check a bag at CPH with TK - again due to full flight. TK didn't load the bag on our onward flight and we didn't have a tracking number (only a receipt - stupid us). Got our bag one week later and the bag was damaged.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 2:11 pm

I tried posting this in the SAS faq sticky a few days ago, but no responses, so wondering if it might be a better fit on this thread.

I'm hoping to fly from ORD in June / July 2019 on SAS to ARN. Award availability is very good through May, but then nothing at all in June or July next year. Anyone know when I should expect to see business class award availability show up for those months?
Old Aug 24, 2018, 7:02 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by mstrbldr
I tried posting this in the SAS faq sticky a few days ago, but no responses, so wondering if it might be a better fit on this thread.

I'm hoping to fly from ORD in June / July 2019 on SAS to ARN. Award availability is very good through May, but then nothing at all in June or July next year. Anyone know when I should expect to see business class award availability show up for those months?

I doubt business seats would come available for June or July anymore. Any seats would have been released allready and gone. SAS is not all that generous with award J seats.
AStarr likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 7:55 pm

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mstrbldr

As above, likely already gone. Summer award seats go really fast.

Though this year, SAS did release a bunch of seats for August/September/October during this summer. I wouldn't count on that happening again though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.