Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Let's eat, or let's not eat [SAS Catering Discussions]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Let's eat, or let's not eat [SAS Catering Discussions]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2017, 12:37 pm

Programs: LH SEN* (*G), EBG (*G)
So tired of the boxes and cold salmon and weird bread that I often dont even eat it maybe thats their strategy.......
Old Oct 23, 2017, 5:44 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Gold Card
I wouldn't say I'm a huge fan of the Cubes but they are certainly better than what they replaced. I've enjoyed the beef ones however on my last few lights the beef has just been fat. My LHR-ARN flight the beef was 90% fat and inedible. Why not give a choice of boxes or offer something like a vegetarian pasta box (without needing to preorder).

I've noticed almost all of the muffins now go back unopened or are refused. Surely SAS should end this and just give warm bread.

With the new preordering system I note they now offer the Pizza again, if you're in Plus, can you preorder this and do you still need to pay?
Old Oct 23, 2017, 6:05 am
Suspended

Programs: Lowest level possible
Originally Posted by fransknorge
Steak being difficult to properly cook on an airline oven, I honestly rather do without it. And I think a real business class can do without a steak, this is not really comfort food neither culinary.
Considering how they destroyed the wagyu brisket last time I flew, they might as well remove steak from the menu.
Originally Posted by DoTheBartMan
I had the "Wagyu brisket" on my flight from ORD a couple of days ago, but it was one of the worst pieces of meat I have ever had. It was so overdone and dry that there was no way that anyone could enjoy it. It was an insult to wagyu meat.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 11:31 am

What the hell is going on with these tomato muffins? They need to go.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 4:27 am

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by view
What the hell is going on with these tomato muffins? They need to go.
Haha I think that's the only one I like? Oh man... they really would do well bringing back some simple warm bread and butter.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 12:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SK Pandion, BA Silver
Originally Posted by AStarr
Haha I think that's the only one I like? Oh man... they really would do well bringing back some simple warm bread and butter.
It is amazing. They actually had what I considered the best bread in the air. Fresh warm sourdough bread. It used to be very good. Now they have these weird and odd tasting things.

Please bring back the normal fresh bread. It was one of the simple good things about the meals (and still is in the morning).
AStarr likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 12:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), SAS Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by ScandiGB
It is amazing. They actually had what I considered the best bread in the air. Fresh warm sourdough bread. It used to be very good. Now they have these weird and odd tasting things.

Please bring back the normal fresh bread. It was one of the simple good things about the meals (and still is in the morning).
I would do anything to get decent rolls back. Including flying a different airline
AStarr likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 1:09 pm

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by klmml
I would do anything to get decent rolls back. Including flying a different airline
I'm seriously considering it as well
Old Oct 30, 2017, 4:14 pm
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Originally Posted by cheung.chunyuenc
I took SK590 and SK963, with SK964 and SK2591 return a few weeks ago. I am in Y+ in all segments.

The long haul segments catering were not too bad, but the short haul segments catering were just not good enough with the cubes.

Weird taste salmons and source. Muffins with other ingredients were a wrong match completely. I do agree that chocolates are lovely.

I will just consume them anyways. The portion is sufficient with respect to corresponding flight durations .
I got the salmon for the first time today MUC-OSL ( I rarely fly Plus internationally). The fish was OK, but the rest including the bread was nearly inedible. (But I also got an inedible steak in LH C DEN-MUC, so my return trip was certainly not a culinary success)
Old Nov 3, 2017, 4:18 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
I've started to just return the box and take the pizza when it is offered. Unfortunately, just like the muffin bars they are always vegetable only which is baffling. Could add some beef or pepperoni. I'm not sure if the SK HQ is filled with raging vegans but the rest of the world could do with some proteins.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 7:07 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Designit claims their concept is da best thing eva: https://designit.com/happening/news/...age-experience
Old Nov 3, 2017, 1:22 pm

Programs: LH SEN* (*G), EBG (*G)
Originally Posted by ScandiGB

Agree, boxes are beutiful, content pretty shi***.....Bread thing ineadible.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 2:24 pm
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Designit claims their concept is da best thing eva: https://designit.com/happening/news/...age-experience
“Food hacking” for f**k sake, the guy who wrote this piece of garbage is worse than the one who design the boxes.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by fransknorge
“Food hacking” for f**k sake, the guy who wrote this piece of garbage is worse than the one who design the boxes.
It is marketing at its "best"... That time line of a travel and food process is just hilarious.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 7:45 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
What a load of bs. SK must have hired a politician to run their marketing department.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.