Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Airport-managed lounges discontinued for SAS passengers.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airport-managed lounges discontinued for SAS passengers.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2017, 3:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by studentCPH
ah, ok. More widespread than I, or SAS aparatchiks at MAN thought. I'm using my mobile and can't search the thread.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 3:57 am

Vote with your wallet if you can, any of the Lufthansa group airlines will give you lounge access with a Star gold card at MAN.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by view
Vote with your wallet if you can, any of the Lufthansa group airlines will give you lounge access with a Star gold card at MAN.
Turkish and TAP, too, in the terminal they share with SAS.

I read the article by the airline's floppy blonde CCO on board the flight. Ever so slightly disingenuous, he says they aren't closing any SAS lounges: which of course is true, as far as it goes.

But he IS, of course, closing access to a wide network of third party lounges.

I guess we'll never know the cost/benefit results of the move. I guess the FB CCO has worked out that although the Manchesters on his network support routes to SAS hubs, there's little direct competition - so we are stuck with SAS or a lengthy detour.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 7:58 am

To be honest I found the last few Ask Eivind issues rather insulting and arrogant, especially the January issue. (where he tells the customers it is their fault they didn't think on buying a bag in time on their HBO-fare). Funny enough that issue has been removed from the website:

https://scandinaviantraveler.com/en/tag/ask-eivind

In the beginning when they started the Ask Eivind series he tried to say: We are doing great thing! Now, he is saying: We are cutting service, get along with it and don't complain.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by fassy
To be honest I found the last few Ask Eivind issues rather insulting and arrogant
+1. The article concerning the contract lounges was ace, though: basically we are annoying the vast majority (if not all of them) of our G/D frequent flyers just for the sake of revamping a couple of lounges (ARN, EWR, OSL), hence rewarding those flying out of the airports in question... There couldn't be better reason, Eivind - we entirely understand ^

G
Old Mar 1, 2017, 11:48 pm

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Lounge access is one of key factors when selecting carriers for me. Less lounges, less times I will pick SK.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 2:41 pm

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
March experience from PRG (supposed to be discontinued as of 1 Feb 2017): Indifferent SAS Plus / *G check-in staff with no idea about lounge access, nor with any effort to provide information. Screens at lounge entrance showing SAS logo, boarding pass scanned, entry permitted. Interesting, but of course, no complaints about it. :-)
Old Mar 13, 2017, 2:53 am

Programs: SK-EBD
Report from GVA: Fast track still works for EBG/EBD - AND Plus-travellers without status. Plus also still have lounge acces.

The fast track saved several of us 50-55 minutes last week.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 8:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus, Hyatt, SPG
Yday saw SAS Plus pax denied access in MIA (Avianca *A lounge). Lady at the front desk said LH Plus pax aren't allowed either. Not sure if this helped
Old Mar 13, 2017, 9:04 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by SidMeier
Yday saw SAS Plus pax denied access in MIA (Avianca *A lounge). Lady at the front desk said LH Plus pax aren't allowed either. Not sure if this helped
In the US Plus pax never had any access to lounges except for SK's own lounges. And actually at LH you can AFAIK buy access for 25€ per person and lounge visit. But maybe that is then another lounge in MIA.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 3:44 pm

Programs: TK*G (E+)
Originally Posted by Tango Alpha
Report from GVA: Fast track still works for EBG/EBD...
I think, GVA works because it is a GOLD TRACK, official *A benefit.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 5:22 am

I've just been having a chat with one of the lounge dragons here at Birmingham (flying good-old Lufty today) and she told me that there's still a significant flow as a result of people who are not yet aware of the changes and go to the lounge regardless, allegedly many get quite upset as well when they are shown the way out (God knows what's the point in getting upset with the dragons at a contracted lounge but hey...).

G
Old Mar 28, 2017, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Any recent experience with access to Plaza Premium lounge at HKG when in Plus (but no elite FFP status to access UA, TG or SQ lounges) on SK964 to ARN?
Old Mar 28, 2017, 4:09 pm

Programs: SK-EBD
Originally Posted by dromack
I think, GVA works because it is a GOLD TRACK, official *A benefit.
I’m not so sure that it is a *A Gold fast track. At least I don’t remember having seen any Gold-sign.

Anyway, I posted because SAS itself seems to think it is not a Star-facility. Fast track at GVA was exterminated in this document: https://classic.sas.se/upload/pdf/Lo...Track-2017.pdf
– where it is called third party service.

Some times et is good, that SAS not always do what it promises....
Old Mar 28, 2017, 6:04 pm

Programs: TK*G (E+)
Originally Posted by Tango Alpha
I’m not so sure that it is a *A Gold fast track. At least I don’t remember having seen any Gold-sign.
acording to staralliance website, it is.
Attached Images  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.