Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Airport-managed lounges discontinued for SAS passengers.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airport-managed lounges discontinued for SAS passengers.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2017, 5:36 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Originally Posted by jacosopot
https://s30.postimg.cc/p1bzgzvqp/Plik_000_3.jpg

Aberdeen Swissport lounge, taken yesterday.
Ladies at the reception told me that I am not allowed to get into as EBG because of new regulations as of 1-FEB. I said I know that but imho this is when flying on SK metal, not LH (had LH ticket). They were really confused and told me they have to check that but it will take weeks so I can 'go and enjoy' (+ guest).
It is very interesting that WF still allows access with a SK card (WF does not issue its own EuroBonus Cards, but uses SAS'). I would have assumed that no EBG/EBD/EBP access at ABZ meant no access also for passengers on WF, which is obviously not the case. SVG-ABZ is an important business route for WF, and AFAIK SVG has the only lounge operated by WF so it makes plenty of sense to keep lounge access also at the other end.

As for access when flying LH from ABZ, I would presume that as long as it is the operating carrier that counts, EBG would give access as long as LH gives access to other *Gs.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 5:38 am
ksu

Originally Posted by irishguy28
But you've included it in your list in red, too.

For what it's worth, as a *G travelling on SK from LHR last month, I got access to the LH lounge and was provided with an access slip for the Senator enclosure without prompting.
The LH lounge at LHR is marked as a *A lounge, and as such gives access. The lounges not giving access are the contract lounges from third-party providers.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 6:18 am

Does anyone know if the new policy also means no fast track at GVA when flying in SAS plus? I can't really guage the lingo in the policy wording?
Surely they wouldn't annoy all they best-paying customers going for their annual skiing trip to that extent? The lines for security at GVA are notoriously long during skiing season so fast track there is a real big benefit....
Old Feb 2, 2017, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by GreatDane
Does anyone know if the new policy also means no fast track at GVA when flying in SAS plus? I can't really guage the lingo in the policy wording?
Surely they wouldn't annoy all they best-paying customers going for their annual skiing trip to that extent? The lines for security at GVA are notoriously long during skiing season so fast track there is a real big benefit....
Removed. Lounge access still available in Geneva.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Removed. Lounge access still available in Geneva.
Found this link online: https://insideflyer.dk/forums/thread...k.3141/page-13

They claim Fasttrack is intact at BCN,FCO,GVA,MXP,RIX,POZ,PRG,DME,WRO
But only for *G - in spite of SK cutbacks - so it is a * benefit but still available to SK customers (if *G - I guess regardless of the fare paid).

Seems all locations on this list still have *G access to fasttrack if flying * : http://www.staralliance.com/en/gold-...ports-overview

Which to believe I wonder???

Last edited by GreatDane; Feb 2, 2017 at 10:13 am
Old Feb 2, 2017, 10:55 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), SAS Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by ksu
SVG has the only lounge operated by WF so it makes plenty of sense to keep lounge access also at the other end.
The SVG lounge is operated by SSP on behalf of Avinor, see here.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 11:20 am

Programs: SK EB
FastTrack at VNO for EBG still seems to work (as of Jan 30) when flying in SAS Go - although it doesn't say so on the boarding pass.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 2:03 pm

Programs: SK-EBD
Originally Posted by GreatDane
Found this link online: https://insideflyer.dk/forums/thread...k.3141/page-13

They claim Fasttrack is intact at BCN,FCO,GVA,MXP,RIX,POZ,PRG,DME,WRO
But only for *G - in spite of SK cutbacks - so it is a * benefit but still available to SK customers (if *G - I guess regardless of the fare paid).

Seems all locations on this list still have *G access to fasttrack if flying * : http://www.staralliance.com/en/gold-...ports-overview

Which to believe I wonder???
Can confirm MXP. BCN also this week,but that was on LX. Will check GVA in two weeks - really hopes for access, as lines can be very long, as stated by GreatDane.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 2:05 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Did anyone take a look already into the current Scandinavian Traveller issue?

Originally Posted by Ask Eivind
...we will end our partnership with a few external, non-SAS/Star Alliance lounges
He put the number of ended contracts in relationship to the "more than 1000 lounges around the world" that SAS and Star Alliance offer.

Nice try.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by ksu
The LH lounge at LHR is marked as a *A lounge, and as such gives access. The lounges not giving access are the contract lounges from third-party providers.
What has changed at LHR is SAS is no longer providing access to Plaza Premium Lounge. If anyone remebers, this was the designated SK lounge at LHR before LH opened their lounge at T2. They actually kept that benefit up until now, but I wonder how many actually knew about it..
Old Feb 2, 2017, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by Jainzar
He put the number of ended contracts in relationship to the "more than 1000 lounges around the world" that SAS and Star Alliance offer.

Nice try.
The "Ask Eivind" questions are a strange mix of genuine complaints with SAS, softball queries, and completely irrelevant gripes.

Needless to say https://scandinaviantraveler.com/ is a couple of months out of date... even though it's almost certainly outsourced.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 5:36 am
ksu

Originally Posted by klmml
The SVG lounge is operated by SSP on behalf of Avinor, see here.
Indeed. SSP also operates the OSL lounge and the SAS lounges at OSL: http://www.foodtravelexperts.com/nor...gene/norwegian

My point was that WF provides lounge access in its own right at SVG, not through access to a SK lounge.

What is interesting in your link is that WF is not mentioned as getting access, only KL/AF
Old Feb 3, 2017, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by ksu
What is interesting in your link is that WF is not mentioned as getting access, only KL/AF
The page is unchanged since the lounge opened. As I recall, WF agreed access for their pax a couple of months late.

And, of course, AF stopped serving SVG about the same time as it opened.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 12:01 pm

Programs: EBG
Came through BLQ on 1Feb - the day fast track/lounge stopped being offered there. Went to try my luck in the lounge but the staff were well aware of the situation and turned me away (unless I wanted to pay). The automatic entry on fast track didn't work either.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 6:47 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Originally Posted by Jainzar
Did anyone take a look already into the current Scandinavian Traveller issue?

Nice try.
The answer is published online now. As usual with airline enhancements it is the marketing spin where they assume the customer is stupid that is the really annoying part.

Originally Posted by Eivind Roald
we will end our partnerships with a few external, non-SAS/Star Alliance lounges.
Access to lounges at 42 destinations have been removed, representing more than a third of SAS destinations. That is certainly not "a few".

Originally Posted by Eivind Roald
I understand that some people /../ may think this is negative.
Who would think otherwise?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.