FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   SAS | EuroBonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus-499/)
-   -   Airport-managed lounges discontinued for SAS passengers. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus/1808690-airport-managed-lounges-discontinued-sas-passengers.html)

SidMeier Dec 14, 2016 8:38 am

Airport-managed lounges discontinued for SAS passengers.

I have received information from my travel agent about discontinuation of quite a few lounges:

From 1 Jan 2017 these will be discontinued:
Lounges: BLL, DBV, DUB, NCE, NRT, RIX, SPU, VCE, VNO
Fasttrack DUB, MXP, LIN, FCO, VNO

From 1 Feb 2017 these will be discontinued:
Lounges: AAL, ABZ, AGP, ALC, BCN, BHX, BLQ, BUD, EDI, FCO, FAO, GDN, KEF, KRK, LED, LHR, LIN, LPA, LPI, MAN, MLA, NCL, OLB, OTP, PMI, PMO, POZ, PRG, PSA, TLL, TLV, VLC, WRO
Fasttrack: GVA, AGP

SAS Business, SAS Plus ir Eurobonus EBG+ lounges and fast tracks from 2017:

SAS and Star Alliance lounges:
ARN, CPH, OSL, GOT, CDG, HEL, ORD, EWR, AES, TOS, TRD, LLA, MMX
ATH, BRU, DUS, FRA, GVA, HAM, LHR, MUC, MXP, SKG, STR, TXL, WAW, VIE, ZRH

SAS Business HKG, NRT, PEK, SHA, BOS IAD, LAX, MIA ORD, SFO

Fasttrack: ARN, CPH, OSL, GOT, AAL, AES, BGO, BLL, BOO, SVG, TRD
HEL, ABZ, AMS, ATH, BCN, BHX, BLQ, BRE, BRU, CDG, DUS, FRA, GDN, HAJ, HAM, INN, KRK, LHR, MAN, MUC, NCL, PMI, POZ, PRG, RIX, SKG, STR, TLL, SZG, WAW, WRO, VCE, VIE, ZRH

SAS Business: LAX, MIA, BOS, IAD, EWR, ORD, SFO, NRT

oliver2002 Dec 14, 2016 8:59 am

I don't see how acess to a *A lounge in LHR and NRT could be discontinued for a *G?

SidMeier Dec 14, 2016 9:04 am

My understanding is that it's for SK flights only. LHR by the way is still on (see lists in black). Looks like they are discontinuing every non-*A lounge. That explains why they won't offer lounge at MIA, KEF or LIN but will offer at ORD or EWR.

Weird that this has not been announced. I find it difficult to believe this is an erroneous email.

tiltslope Dec 14, 2016 9:27 am

Brief comparison with that list shows that all airport managed lounges will be given up
List of lounges

Rapid cost-cutting measure and (re)turn to café vouchers?

livious Dec 14, 2016 11:14 am

I am confused. Does this mean that EB elites cannot access these lounges when flying SK, but could access them when flying other *A airlines? What about other *G flying SK flights and wanting to use these lounges?

MSPeconomist Dec 14, 2016 11:38 am

Recently DL did something similar. They eliminated access to third party contract lounges for SkyTeam elites flying DL operated flights in coach.

livious Dec 14, 2016 11:54 am

Of the lounges on the list that I have been to, many will not be missed. As Oliver pointed out, ceasing access to the lounges in NRT and LHR seem very odd.

Jainzar Dec 14, 2016 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by livious (Post 27611508)
Of the lounges on the list that I have been to, many will not be missed. As Oliver pointed out, ceasing access to the lounges in NRT and LHR seem very odd.

Maybe that refers to the Plaza Premium Lounge in LHR and the KAL Lounge in NRT.

I understand that it costs maybe too much money for cheap Y tickets in combination with *G, but that you drop it also for Plus tickets?!

studentCPH Dec 14, 2016 12:54 pm

Pretty short notice... Still nothing from SAS themselves, even on their website?

dznyboy Dec 14, 2016 2:28 pm

These are the lounges sas always have had. nothing have changes. exept the Heatrow one are gone.
All sas lounges are available for plus/ business travelers.
they never had lounges anywhere else that in scandinavia/ewr/Chicago.
All gold and diamond holders fcause always have axsess to any staralliance lounge anywhere in the world,no matter what booking class u have.

SK2751 Dec 15, 2016 7:31 am

I think this explains a devaluation of diners cards terms earlier this year. Likely, many of these lounges are accessible using DC, so there is hope that some will actually keep DC cards. At least I see this working in interest of DC. Not sure about SK.

fassy Dec 15, 2016 7:51 am

Originally Posted by dznyboy (Post 27612332)
These are the lounges sas always have had. nothing have changes. exept the Heatrow one are gone.
All sas lounges are available for plus/ business travelers.
they never had lounges anywhere else that in scandinavia/ewr/Chicago.
All gold and diamond holders fcause always have axsess to any staralliance lounge anywhere in the world,no matter what booking class u have.

It is about the contract lounges... lots of smaller airports do not have *A lounges but lounges contracted by the operating carrier for their status and business class customers

While I won't miss too many of those MAN, DUB, WRO and KRK will be missed :(

SPlDER Dec 15, 2016 11:46 am

It's a pity. SAS will be the only *A airline without access to lounge in my home airport.
I will not fly with them anymore ;-(

view Dec 15, 2016 3:40 pm

This is very poor from SAS. This year I used fast track and lounge in VNO, DUB, LIN, MAN. All gone next year. Even the fast track in GVA is going, what the hell? At least there are Swiss lounges there which they cannot keep us out of.

Time to shift more business to Lufthansa perhaps?

brokenwindow Dec 15, 2016 5:20 pm

Here's an official document from SAS supporting (and explaining the changes in full): https://www.sas.se/upload/pdf/Lounge...Track-2017.pdf